Which Tour Company to use in Berlin

We are sailing on the Eurodam arriving in Warnemunde on Sat June 13th. We are looking into a day tour to Berlin and wonder which tour company to use. We have booked a 2 day tour in St Petersburg with Viktoria of SPB tours and are wondering whether to book Berlin with her as well. Her price is dependant on the number of people in the group with no guarantees. I thought I saw another tour company that guaranteed the price regardless of the number in the group. I would rather not have any surprises regarding price but wish to have a good tour. Better to know up front what the price will be.

Thx for any help

Joan

We are sailing on the Eurodam arriving in Warnemunde on Sat June 13th. We are looking into a day tour to Berlin and wonder which tour company to use. We have booked a 2 day tour in St Petersburg with Viktoria of SPB tours and are wondering whether to book Berlin with her as well. Her price is dependant on the number of people in the group with no guarantees. I thought I saw another tour company that guaranteed the price regardless of the number in the group. I would rather not have any surprises regarding price but wish to have a good tour. Better to know up front what the price will be.

Thx for any help

Joan

We are on Celebrity Constellation in July/Aug 09....and have set up a St Petersburg and Berlin tour with Viktoria from SPB tours. I started a roll call, and very soon got 18 for St P and now we are currently 11 for Berlin. 139 Euro is the most you will pay...and it goes down to 100 Euro if you get to 16-20 passengers. Compare to cruise line prices, it's a no brainer!! Just start a roll call for your sailing...and you should be half way there! It is a lot of ground work and emailing....but worth it!

We went to Berlin last year from Warnemunde with Denrus. They have a Complete Berlin Value Excursion for approx $250 US that includes transportation, lunch, and sightseeing in Berlin with a guide. It was definitely worth the price. There were about 25 people on the bus so moving around was quite easy.

Berlin is quite far, so be prepared for a very long day but it is so worth it.

Will be in Berlin in July on the Regatta. Have heard good things about Berlin Walks and also spb-tours. Would appreciate any info on these two groups so we can make a decision on which one to use. Have read quite a bit about spb. Has any one used Berlin Walks and were they pleased? Berlin Walks is recommended by Rick Steeves and Frommers and other guide books.

We are going to use SPB in both Berlin and St. P. Viktoria has been wonderful to deal with. We are renting a car in Warnemunde and driving to Berlin where we will meet up with a guide for a 6 hr. tour (at a very fair price) She was extremely flexible working this out for us.

Thx for any help

Joan

I, too, am sailing on the Eurodam on that date and would be interested in an alternative to HAL's shore excursions. Do you have any other interested parties?

I, too, am sailing on the Eurodam on that date and would be interested in an alternative to HAL's shore excursions. Do you have any other interested parties?

We are a party of 4 possibly 5. We have booked a 2 day tour with Viktoria of SPB tours in St P.and are considering booking her Berlin tour. There is another group from our ship that have booked this tour and I believe that group is now closed. I am e-mailing Viktoria today asking about clarification of pricing etc and if she has started another group. Originally we were given a price of $100. EUR ($95. EUR is you have booked St. P with SPB) I found out that the price was for a group of 20 +. I just want to know how much it will be if there are not 20 in our group.

Please let me know if you are at all interested in persuing this.

Thx

Joan

We are a party of 4 possibly 5. We have booked a 2 day tour with Viktoria of SPB tours in St P.and are considering booking her Berlin tour. There is another group from our ship that have booked this tour and I believe that group is now closed. I am e-mailing Viktoria today asking about clarification of pricing etc and if she has started another group. Originally we were given a price of $100. EUR ($95. EUR is you have booked St. P with SPB) I found out that the price was for a group of 20 +. I just want to know how much it will be if there are not 20 in our group.

Please let me know if you are at all interested in persuing this.

Thx

Joan

Yes, I believe I am interested and would like to know the price if they did such a small group. If Viktoria won't do a tour for such a small group you might ask the likelihood of the group increasing in size before the Berlin date and making the minimum needed. Anyway, I'm definitely interested.

Barbara

Yes, I believe I am interested and would like to know the price if they did such a small group. If Viktoria won't do a tour for such a small group you might ask the likelihood of the group increasing in size before the Berlin date and making the minimum needed. Anyway, I'm definitely interested.

Barbara

Hi Barbara

Glad to hear that you are interested in joining our group. I still have not had a reply to my questions to Viktoria of SPB but will definately let you know when I do. I just read the thread above where CS91 is renting a car in Warnemunde and travelling on their own to Berlin where Viktoria has arranged a tour guide for 6 hours. As nothing is cast in stone at this point, I am going to look into the cost of doing this to see if it is worth the effort. Let me know if you are open to any/all suggestions.

How many are in your party? Also, have you checked out the Roll Call forum for our cruise? Buckeygal1956 has organized a Meet and Greet for Sunday the 14th. It will be nice to get to meet everyone from CC at that time.

I will keep you in the loop with any correspondence I receive.

Joan

Barbara

Hi again Barbara

I have just sent for a quote to Orighinal Berlin Walks. There have been a few positive comments on CC for this tour company. Will keep you posted. If you wish to contact me directly by e-mail our address is hydrotherapy@sympatico.ca. It might be easier to communicate that way!

Joan

Joan, we didn't do this from the cost standpoint but actually because i promised my husband that he could drive the Autobahn. I think it was less expensive to use their transport and had some other advantages as well.

Joan, we didn't do this from the cost standpoint but actually because i promised my husband that he could drive the Autobahn. I think it was less expensive to use their transport and had some other advantages as well.

Thanks for the info. I did check out prices for a rental mini van and found it was quite expensive. Given the fact that someone from our group woud have to drive and be personally responsible for people (most of whom we haven't met yet) we are leaning toward arranging a group tour hopefully with others from our ship, the Eurodam arriving in Warnemunde on June 13th.

Hope your husband enjoys the Autobaun and you have a great time in Berlin!!

Joan

Archived