bus from cruise ship to Stanley Park

Where do you catch the bus from the cruise ship to go to Stanley Park? Is it feasible to walk the entire park in an 8 hr. day? (We are walkers) Is there an enterance fee to the park?

Yes it is possible to walk from Canada Place to Stanley Park - the seawall starts right at Canada Place goes around the new Convention Center down to the water, pass the Bayshore hotel to the entrance to the Park - there is NO entrance fee for the park but some of the attractions like the Aquarium and 2nd Beach Pool have fees. Most of the touristy attractions are near the entrance on the east and flatter side of the Park - here's how I would walk it - assuming that you don't want to walk the entire seawall which is 6 miles around.

As you enter the Park go past the Rowing Club, Info Center, Totem Poles, HMCS Discovery, 9 O'clock Gun, Harry Jerome and around to Brockton Point - here you will get stunning views both to the North Shore, up Burrard Inlet towards the 2nd Narrows - then continue around and past the Totems once again and into Lumberman's Arch - here you can either cut back to the entrance passing the Aquarium on the way or continue a short distance further to Pipeline Road and down it to the Rose Garden - then under the causeway and around Lost Lagoon and back to the entrance of the Park.

A biking friend of mine has a helmet cam video of biking around the Park - you migth enjoy this link:

http://bulletproofcourier.blogspot.com/2009/03/spring-has-sprung-helmetcam.html

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

A couple of years ago post cruise, we walked around Stanley Park on the seawall after dinner and probably more wine than we should have had. It didn't take toooooo long. Note: At night there are no bathrooms open in the Park! :D It's an experience we shall not forget.

"It's an experience we shall not forget."

Hi Adele: are you referring to the walk, the wine or the lack of washrooms.

Doing an Alaska cruise on the Pearl at the end of August with 4 CC'ers from my last two Dawn repo cruises who have never been out west and up to Alaska.

Say hi to Cliff for me

Cheers

Dennis

"It's an experience we shall not forget."

Hi Adele: are you referring to the walk, the wine or the lack of washrooms.

Doing an Alaska cruise on the Pearl at the end of August with 4 CC'ers from my last two Dawn repo cruises who have never been out west and up to Alaska.

Say hi to Cliff for me

Cheers

Dennis

Hah! All three were good, but the lack of washrooms after the wine and the length of walk . . . There's a McDonald's with nice restrooms very close to the Park. :D

Have fun on the Pearl. We're going in 2010, but it won't be in that fabulous A2 we had when we cruised on her last. I'll tell Cliff you said "Hi!"

Archived