Imagination review from 4/27/09

Just got back from our four day cruise on the Imagination. This was my third cruise (first was on R/C and last one was to Calico on this same ship). We were suppose to go to Cozumel but on our way out to sea from Key West they told us that by 5:00 they would let us know what they had decided about going there. Well the announcement was made and we went to the Bahamas instead. We were glad overall of not going to Cozumel because no one really knew what the risks were in Cozumel at the time, and didn't want to chance getting sick but still a little disappointing because we were with a family group of 16 and some had been to Bahamas before but not to Mexico and had planned this trip for that purpose. We had planned ruins and snorkeling excursions and it was kind of last minute to try and decide where to go in the Bahamas. We ended up walking around the island and visiting the Queens stairs and old fort. A few took an island tour and saw a little bit of Atlantis but I had already been there before so didn't go with them there. We were there from 8:00am till 6:00pm. Key West was same as it was suppose to be - 7:00 am - 2:00pm. We had our day at sea a day earlier and our Bahama port day and mexican buffet on the last day instead. We of course didn't get a choice of not taking the cruise with the itenary change since we were already on board sailing and didn't get any on board credits for anything either.

The other disappointment with the cruise was there was no gala buffet at all or no ice sculptures at the mexican buffet. I knew that they had cut way back and cut out a lot of things but I had expected there to be some ice sculptures and flower fruit/ food decorations. I had wanted my parents to see that since this was their first cruise. There was not even one ice sculpture. I don't know if this was partly due to the itenerary changes or if they have just cut it out completely. Does anyone else know??

The crew was exceptional and met all our needs. I know they did the best they could under the circumstances. We have a special needs son and they were outstanding with helping us. We were able to do the muster drill and disembarkement with ease with him and no waiting in long lines. The waiter for our table got my son up dancing in the dining room on the last night. They were very personable. The maitre' de was great as well. They gave us a refrigerator for our room for my son's medication.

The weather was pretty nice but very windy. The first evening we were walking a little sideways like we were drunk from the waves. I felt a little queasy but never got sick and after a few hours the seas got calm. Rest of the time even though we had quite a bit of wind we never felt much motion, just a little here and there for a few minutes at a time. The sun was nice and warm but the pool was cold. At least to me but living in FL we get colder easier than northerners. We were on the upper deck, room U51 towards the front of the ship. Some of our family was on same floor but in the very back of the ship and a few were on the Riveria lower deck in the back. No one really felt the motion to be any different from one area to the next. When the boat was rocking a little it was in the middle same as anywhere else. We didn't hear any noise either from our room.

The embarkation and dis embarking was a breeze and took no time at all. The muster drill was a little long and people who weren't special needs had to go to another area to see where their lifeboat would be. It was a little longer process than in the past I think.

The shows were same as I saw on previous cruise but they are really outstanding if you have never seen them before. We did a digital photo scavenger hunt that was fun but the director didn't wait for all of the groups to return which was bad after you had run all over the ship to take pictures.

The Mexican buffet was standard with lots of food and the music was very loud on the lido deck that night which made it hard to hear each others conversation but the band was really good. It was very hard rock though and so not appealing to everyone.

Food was pretty good. Same as usual. We enjoyed most of it overall. The melting choc. cake is great for chocolate lovers and the cappuchino ice cake was really good! The strawberry shortcake at the Mexican buffet was exceptional and the churros were good. They do have the cappuchinos and expresso's in the dining room for meals if you want. They also had some kind of fruit juice mixture in the machines on deck at breakfast although they still don't have fruit punch for those who are wondering. They have really good hot chocolate.

The ship is in great condition and they were constantly cleaning and painting and even replaced carpeting on several of the floors during the night. Rooms are still very spacious and bathrooms upgraded and shower pressure great and hot water. Only one plug outlet on desk in room and kind of difficult to plug in a hair dryer so would advise to bring an extension cord with you. Beds very comfortable also.

My other son wanted to play poker and for the first two days the machine was broken. They only have one table and it is an electronic dealer. It was hard to get a group of people together to play once it was fixed. He finally did get to play a game or two.

Overall we had a great time and no major complaints. The ones who were first time cruisers in our group are ready to go again and I am ready to try a longer cruise on a different ship with new ports to compare. We would also like to try a balcony next time we take our special needs son with us. That way we could still enjoy seeing the view and not have to worry on occasions when he felt like staying in the room and resting.

Any other questions feel free to ask (while things are still fresh in my mind)! Looking forward to future cruises!!

Just got back from our four day cruise on the Imagination. This was my third cruise (first was on R/C and last one was to Calico on this same ship). We were suppose to go to Cozumel but on our way out to sea from Key West they told us that by 5:00 they would let us know what they had decided about going there. Well the announcement was made and we went to the Bahamas instead. We were glad overall of not going to Cozumel because no one really knew what the risks were in Cozumel at the time, and didn't want to chance getting sick but still a little disappointing because we were with a family group of 16 and some had been to Bahamas before but not to Mexico and had planned this trip for that purpose. We had planned ruins and snorkeling excursions and it was kind of last minute to try and decide where to go in the Bahamas. We ended up walking around the island and visiting the Queens stairs and old fort. A few took an island tour and saw a little bit of Atlantis but I had already been there before so didn't go with them there. We were there from 8:00am till 6:00pm. Key West was same as it was suppose to be - 7:00 am - 2:00pm. We had our day at sea a day earlier and our Bahama port day and mexican buffet on the last day instead. We of course didn't get a choice of not taking the cruise with the itenary change since we were already on board sailing and didn't get any on board credits for anything either.

I'm sorry that you were disappointed but at least you took it with a grain of salt and enjoyed yourself anyway!! :p:D

The other disappointment with the cruise was there was no gala buffet at all or no ice sculptures at the mexican buffet. I knew that they had cut way back and cut out a lot of things but I had expected there to be some ice sculptures and flower fruit/ food decorations. I had wanted my parents to see that since this was their first cruise. There was not even one ice sculpture. I don't know if this was partly due to the itenerary changes or if they have just cut it out completely. Does anyone else know??

The crew was exceptional and met all our needs. I know they did the best they could under the circumstances. We have a special needs son and they were outstanding with helping us. We were able to do the muster drill and disembarkement with ease with him and no waiting in long lines. The waiter for our table got my son up dancing in the dining room on the last night. They were very personable. The maitre' de was great as well. They gave us a refrigerator for our room for my son's medication.

The weather was pretty nice but very windy. The first evening we were walking a little sideways like we were drunk from the waves. I felt a little queasy but never got sick and after a few hours the seas got calm. Rest of the time even though we had quite a bit of wind we never felt much motion, just a little here and there for a few minutes at a time. The sun was nice and warm but the pool was cold. At least to me but living in FL we get colder easier than northerners. We were on the upper deck, room U51 towards the front of the ship. Some of our family was on same floor but in the very back of the ship and a few were on the Riveria lower deck in the back. No one really felt the motion to be any different from one area to the next. When the boat was rocking a little it was in the middle same as anywhere else. We didn't hear any noise either from our room.

The embarkation and dis embarking was a breeze and took no time at all. The muster drill was a little long and people who weren't special needs had to go to another area to see where their lifeboat would be. It was a little longer process than in the past I think.

The shows were same as I saw on previous cruise but they are really outstanding if you have never seen them before. We did a digital photo scavenger hunt that was fun but the director didn't wait for all of the groups to return which was bad after you had run all over the ship to take pictures.

The Mexican buffet was standard with lots of food and the music was very loud on the lido deck that night which made it hard to hear each others conversation but the band was really good. It was very hard rock though and so not appealing to everyone.

Food was pretty good. Same as usual. We enjoyed most of it overall. The melting choc. cake is great for chocolate lovers and the cappuchino ice cake was really good! The strawberry shortcake at the Mexican buffet was exceptional and the churros were good. They do have the cappuchinos and expresso's in the dining room for meals if you want. They also had some kind of fruit juice mixture in the machines on deck at breakfast although they still don't have fruit punch for those who are wondering. They have really good hot chocolate.

The ship is in great condition and they were constantly cleaning and painting and even replaced carpeting on several of the floors during the night. Rooms are still very spacious and bathrooms upgraded and shower pressure great and hot water. Only one plug outlet on desk in room and kind of difficult to plug in a hair dryer so would advise to bring an extension cord with you. Beds very comfortable also.

My other son wanted to play poker and for the first two days the machine was broken. They only have one table and it is an electronic dealer. It was hard to get a group of people together to play once it was fixed. He finally did get to play a game or two.

Overall we had a great time and no major complaints. The ones who were first time cruisers in our group are ready to go again and I am ready to try a longer cruise on a different ship with new ports to compare. We would also like to try a balcony next time we take our special needs son with us. That way we could still enjoy seeing the view and not have to worry on occasions when he felt like staying in the room and resting.

Any other questions feel free to ask (while things are still fresh in my mind)! Looking forward to future cruises!!

Thanks for the time for the review.. I will be on her in a little over a month and Hope Mexico will be back on the stop list by then..:o we shall see..:)

Thanks for the review - I am glad you made the most of your cruise under the circumstance - sounds like everyone enjoyed themselves and the great part is their all ready to "cruise again"

Archived