Anyone just off the 4/26 Conquest cruise?

I will be on the Conquest in a few weeks and if the itinerary doesn't change back before then and visit Cozumel, I was wondering if the time in Jamaica and Grand Cayman was the same or if they stayed longer in any port since they are skipping Cozumel.

Thanks!

I will be on the Conquest in a few weeks and if the itinerary doesn't change back before then and visit Cozumel, I was wondering if the time in Jamaica and Grand Cayman was the same or if they stayed longer in any port since they are skipping Cozumel.

Thanks!

No you will just skip Coz and get 20$ obc.Its a shame because if you was cruising Ecstacy you would be doing the same cruise as Conquest for a 5 day price.

We are sailing on the Conquest 5/10 - I called Carnival yesterday (05/02) and asked and the reply I received from a Carnival representative was the time usually spent on Cozumel would be split between Montego Bay and Grand Cayman - we would not be cut short on our cruise....although my son, who is also booked on this cruise, called (not knowing I had already called) and he was told the time would be added to the Grand Cayman stop. Either way would be fine with me, although I would have rather gone to Cozumel. I understand the the flu outbreak and recommendation by the WHO to limit travel to Mexico is not something Carnival had any control over, and they seem to be doing their best to re-route cruises, but I am somewhat disappointed in only receiving $20 per person compensation for missing that port. That being said, I will in no way let it affect the good time I plan on having on this cruise - I am so looking forward to this vacation!!!!!icon10.gif

We are sailing on the Conquest 5/10 - I called Carnival yesterday (05/02) and asked and the reply I received from a Carnival representative was the time usually spent on Cozumel would be split between Montego Bay and Grand Cayman - we would not be cut short on our cruise....although my son, who is also booked on this cruise, called (not knowing I had already called) and he was told the time would be added to the Grand Cayman stop. Either way would be fine with me, although I would have rather gone to Cozumel. I understand the the flu outbreak and recommendation by the WHO to limit travel to Mexico is not something Carnival had any control over, and they seem to be doing their best to re-route cruises, but I am somewhat disappointed in only receiving $20 per person compensation for missing that port. That being said, I will in no way let it affect the good time I plan on having on this cruise - I am so looking forward to this vacation!!!!!icon10.gif

I wonder why Carnival doesn't substitute Belize for Cozumel? Can Belize City handle a Conquest class ship or is that port at capacity on Fridays?

I wonder why Carnival doesn't substitute Belize for Cozumel? Can Belize City handle a Conquest class ship or is that port at capacity on Fridays?

Belize is a tender port for Conquest ships (not sure about the other class ships). That would be a great substitute. Maybe they were at capacity but it would have been great.

I just got off the Conquest. Great cruise. We were notified early Tuesday morning we were not going to Cozumel. They were trying to find an alternative port. They notified us about 4pm we would just have an extra day at sea and we would stay in Grand Cayman 2 extra hours. I heard a few people complain but not too many. Overall we had a great time. Carnival did a very good job keeping us entertained with the additional sea day.:)

No you will just skip Coz and get 20$ obc.Its a shame because if you was cruising Ecstacy you would be doing the same cruise as Conquest for a 5 day price.

I guess it's a matter of opinion. I would still rather sail on the Conquest and pay the regular fare. I like the larger ships. Thank you to the last poster who was on the last Conquest sailing for letting me know about the new schedule. I wonder if it will be different for the next sailing as they have had more time to plan. A couple of extra hours in Grand Cayman sounds great to me!

Belize is a tender port for Conquest ships (not sure about the other class ships). That would be a great substitute. Maybe they were at capacity but it would have been great.

While doing research on the Port of Belize, I found that a docking port, with a capacity for up to four ships, is being built and scheduled for completion this year or next!

I just got off the Conquest. Great cruise. We were notified early Tuesday morning we were not going to Cozumel. They were trying to find an alternative port. They notified us about 4pm we would just have an extra day at sea and we would stay in Grand Cayman 2 extra hours. I heard a few people complain but not too many. Overall we had a great time. Carnival did a very good job keeping us entertained with the additional sea day.:)

Thanks! I know it's no guarantee that the same will happen in a few weeks but just wondered if they were currently staying later in a port. I would love 2 extra hours in Grand Cayman.

Thanks! I know it's no guarantee that the same will happen in a few weeks but just wondered if they were currently staying later in a port. I would love 2 extra hours in Grand Cayman.

We really had a great time. We spent alot of time with a couple we met on the ship. We had a blast in Jamaica. I had never done much in Jamaica before, but we got off the ship and walked from Margartaville to Doctors Cave beach. No one bothered us, asked a few time if we wanted drugs, just said no, and that was that. We had great jerk chicken and pork. Have fun, let me know if you have any other questions.

Archived