Did anyone cancel CCL and book RCCL?

chimerix

We are considering our options, should Carnival not cruise to Mexico next month. Has anyone canceled their Carnival cruise, to use later, and booked the same route with Royal Caribbean?

Just curious :)

As of right now, even Royal isn't going to Mexico. They are monitoring the situation and will make any adjustments as necessary.

This article is from their website:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/itineraryUpdates.do

Oh, yeah, I know. That is why I was looking at saving the Carnival credit for later in the year, or next year. Then I could take the same coastal cruise with Royal for half of what I paid for the Carnival cruise.

Since they are on similar itineraries, it looks like I could book the Royal Costal cruise for less than half of what the Carnival Mexico cruise cost me. Resulting in a cheaper cruise this year (up the coast) and a credit for a Mexico cruise to be used next year.

I see I wasn't very clear in my first post. :)

That's a good question. I know there were many who canceled with RCCL due to prices. They switched to Carnival. But, at this time I don't think there are any cruiselines going to Mexico.

Yes, I am talking about going UP the coast with either line.

It seems I could save the $1000 I spent on the Mexico itinerary for later (instead of staying on this same Carnival ship that has changed to the Northern Coastal itinerary) and rebook for around $300 (also to go North) on a different cruise line.

If you are able to book the Mariner of the Seas for less than the price of the Splendor, I think you should jump all over it. JMO

I really think that if Carnival does change the itinerary to go North, I will.

I'll just save that Carnival credit for next year. Talk about pre-planning :cool:

Archived