Best drink for your money

gtouch

do you mean... this picture? :D

last-call.jpg

yep. not quite 20, but you should have seen the line of empty glasses before that one :cool:

side note - those are the screwdrivers and captain/cokes i had noted i was more than satisfied with...

and after seeing that picture - you can see part of why i tip every round , sometimes i'll ask for some pretty bizarre things :) - that one was worth 5.00 imo

here's a related tip - look at the screwdriver all the way on the left (orange) - notice it's in a 'big glass' - it's the size of 2 normal cocktail glasses. lots of the servers / bartenders won't serve your drinks in a 'big glass' for reasons beyond me, but if you place your order and ask for the 'big glass' they'll know what you mean. reduces the # of repeat orders :D

Nice!

The plastic glasses the outdoor bars use are bigger than the glasses the indoor bars use. I thought I got a better pour on the aft bar than anywhere inside. I also thought you got the most bang for your buck with a simple "liquor & mixer" drink rather than one with lots of juice - but I found those to be too sweet and that may be coloring my perspective.

Thanks for reposting that delightful pic!

I didn't know that they had "big glasses".

Are the glasses on either end water or vodka on ice?;)

np - i'm glad you enjoyed it :D

i totally recommend the 'big glasses' - that's the size the drinks should be to begin with imo :cool:

the glasses on the ends are water - i always drink plenty of water with the other stuff :)

Nice!

haha thanks - i didn't post the context - i was at the piano bar and we realized during the week that the piano man would keep playing after they suspended drink service at about 1AM or so... so when they said last call, i obliged and ordered enough so that we could continue singing along into the early morning. :o

What is the best drink....STRONGEST......that they sell on the ship. A lot of their drinks were rather weak. Any suggestions? I know that asking that question makes me sound bad. But it is my vacation and I won't be driving the boat.

I never, ever order one of those pre-made concoctions. I only order drinks that are made from scratch. This pretty much eliminates most of the frozen things and "frou-frou" drinks but at least I can see what's going into it.

Gin and Tonic, Yellowbirds, Bloody Mary's, rum and coke, Campari and soda, etc...these are all made one at a time....there are others also.

Archived