Best drink for your money

gtouch

What is the best drink....STRONGEST......that they sell on the ship. A lot of their drinks were rather weak. Any suggestions? I know that asking that question makes me sound bad. But it is my vacation and I won't be driving the boat.

i found the screwdrivers and captain/cokes to be more than satisfactory...

if you're getting weak drinks, try tipping your bartender or bar staff a buck or two or three every round and you might start to notice a pattern emerge :cool:

i found the screwdrivers and captain/cokes to be more than satisfactory...

if you're getting weak drinks, try tipping your bartender or bar staff a buck or two or three every round and you might start to notice a pattern emerge :cool:

That is key, good tipping will get you great drinks.

What is the best drink....STRONGEST......that they sell on the ship. A lot of their drinks were rather weak. Any suggestions? I know that asking that question makes me sound bad. But it is my vacation and I won't be driving the boat.

My husband had a drink of the day, I think it's called "The Funship" but don't remember exactly...... I found the recipe on another website, but it has brandy, rum, vodka and amaretto....it sneaks up on ya quick, if you like those liquors.

and prompt service. i always tip EVERY round 'To Insure Prompt' service... the bar staff works their butts off, and i find that tipping makes sure they're always looking out for me and making sure i never have an empty glass, ESPECIALLY in situations like the piano bar or captain's party where you're reliant on bar servers

and prompt service. i always tip EVERY round 'To Insure Prompt' service... the bar staff works their butts off, and i find that tipping makes sure they're always looking out for me and making sure i never have an empty glass, ESPECIALLY in situations like the piano bar or captain's party where you're reliant on bar servers

I usually tip but not always since it is built in. I think you are on to something. But at the Captains and Past Guest I go to the bartenders themselves order what I want and skip the servers. When you tip the bartenders they do usually do a little extra.

Their Long Island Iced Tea are pretty potent. I always gave a small tip, and I never had to wait for a drink the whole week. The Best Bar/Waitress that I've ever had.

Joanne

I agree with this. My husband and I would hit the same bartender almost every night (since tipping them nicely the first night) and they've given us drinks that made us happy throughout the week.:D

My vote goes to the Funship. This is what we make at home whenever we need a "cruise fix". It has a definite kick and will sneak up on you.:D

Yeah I have to agree. I didnt think they were that strong, untill I was attempting to walk back to the room after 7 of them:D

The free one, that anyone buys me:)

Margarita !

falkcor-

Was it you that posted a "last call" picture here once with about 20 drinks lined up?

I do find that tipping well assures strong,prompt drinks. By the end of my last cruise the waitress in the cigar bar was buying my table rounds.

-cheers,

maryann

Blue motorcycle. I ordered it a few times thinking it would be the fruity kind i always get around here, but they made it the correct way on cruise ships.

What's a Blue Motorcycle sounds interesting? Does anyone know what's in this?

falkcor-

Was it you that posted a "last call" picture here once with about 20 drinks lined up?

I do find that tipping well assures strong,prompt drinks. By the end of my last cruise the waitress in the cigar bar was buying my table rounds.

-cheers,

maryann

do you mean... this picture? :D

last-call.jpg

yep. not quite 20, but you should have seen the line of empty glasses before that one :cool:

side note - those are the screwdrivers and captain/cokes i had noted i was more than satisfied with...

and after seeing that picture - you can see part of why i tip every round , sometimes i'll ask for some pretty bizarre things :) - that one was worth 5.00 imo

here's a related tip - look at the screwdriver all the way on the left (orange) - notice it's in a 'big glass' - it's the size of 2 normal cocktail glasses. lots of the servers / bartenders won't serve your drinks in a 'big glass' for reasons beyond me, but if you place your order and ask for the 'big glass' they'll know what you mean. reduces the # of repeat orders :D

Archived