Why Are Royal Carib's Fares Out Of Line?

JKrise

Whether anyone thinks the prices are out of line is immaterial. I don't happen to think a Rolex that tells time just as well as a Timex is worth 8 grand, but enough people do so that Rolex can command the prices they charge. When RCI stops filling their ships at the prices they want, the prices will come down.

I also think their prices are a bit out of wack, but that's the way of the business world. We are signed up for a 5 day Navigator cruise, but we're thinking of canceling because we found numerous Celebrity cruises of 10 days or longer that are much cheaper than what we're paying for a 5 day cruise.

Wow....(no not the sale....) but what a great discussion. Lots of opinions....

Really everyone...great discussion!!

I enjoy RCL's product, as well as NCLs and to a degree Carnival as well.

It is refreshing to see that I am not the only one that precieves RCL's prices are out of line when compared to the other mass-market lines.

I fully agree that the law of supply and demand rules, and in the end will determine the wisdom of the current price point decisions by RCL.

I also think their prices are a bit out of wack, but that's the way of the business world. We are signed up for a 5 day Navigator cruise, but we're thinking of canceling because we found numerous Celebrity cruises of 10 days or longer that are much cheaper than what we're paying for a 5 day cruise.

I think many would agree Celebrity is better than RCI in many areas, so if the itinerery is similar I would be all over the Celeb.

I think many would agree Celebrity is better than RCI in many areas, so if the itinerery is similar I would be all over the Celeb.

It's not nearly the same itinerary seeing the Celebrity one is 11 days long, but the price difference is glaring. I'm just wondering why, Celebrity being owned by RCCI, their prices are so much lower than the parent company. Yes, yes, I understand the whole supply and demand thing, but I guess I'm wondering why people are still signing up for RCCI cruises when there are many other, less expensive choices.

I have been comparing cruise prices..doing an apples-to-apples comparison, inside / outside cabins across various lines, Carnival, NCL, MSC and Royal for more or less the same 7 day routes and month.

Anyways, it appears to me that Royal Carib's fares are significantly higher than the competition. Just wondering, does anyone have an idea why this is?

Thanks in advance.

better high class ship, its what you pay for, its not like the carnival where there is more kids and unruly kind the class of the ship is where its at. We used to be die hard fans of carnival and holland american until we tried celebrity and royal caribbean and now we chose to stay with celebrity and rccl... where they amenties are far greater and better if you book a cruise directly with the cruise ship lines and the prices decrease you do not get the lower rate, if you book with an agent they must give it to you at that new lower rate. RCCL lowered their cruise for us 35% less so i got the cruise for the price i wanted it for. great to best deal ever!:rolleyes:

Archived