Has anyone taken the Kayak Tour with Royal Caribbean?

cruislovin

• 1 month later...

Hi cruislovin,

I was wondering the same thing about the tour. From searching the threads it doesn't appear that there is much discussion about kayaking in Curacao.

Most of the tours we've been on you were given a lifejacket but did not have to wear it. On this tour's information page it does say a life jacket is mandatory, so I'm guessing this particular area could be on the difficult side to kayak through. I hope someone who has done the tour responds to know for sure.

When are you sailing to Curacao? We bought the kayak excursion for our trip in July. We are going to ask onboard if they know anything about the difficulty of this excursion and then decide whether to go or not.

I researched the area that the description references as being the challenge and it seems to depend on the time of year and the weather as to the level of difficulty it presents...

We're sailing to Curacao on the Sept 6th sailing of Adventure OTS. Our date to be in Curacao is Sept 9th.

We are also planning to pre-book the excursion, my husband is a very good kayaker so I know he would be able to handle the difficult portion, it was my abilities, or lack thereof lol, I was questioning :) I'll just make sure to tighten the life jacket and try not to tip us out LOL

DD, 17, and I are scheduled to go. I too am worried about my kayaking abilites :D She has done some and claims she knows what to do if the kayak tips over!!! I don't want to find out IF she knows what to do! I'm worried about this - remind me to let you know what happens...

I hope the part they're talking of is just more paddling than usual, I can do that and it would be nice to find out that was what that write up was about! :D

I understand you're feelings! We're probably worrying over nothing and will sail straight through the area thinking "that was it?" :confused: LOL

I hope you and your DD have wonderful weather for the kayaking and your cruise! :) Let me know how it went when you return.

• 4 weeks later...

We leave next week!!! I can't believe no one has taken this tour!

DD said she may want to go to the beach instead so we'll see what happens...

Teens - change your mind; change your mind; change your mind; repeat; repeat; repeat....:D

If she changes her mind again, let me know how it was.

Have a great cruise!! Bon Voyage! :D

We won't be there until September, but I pre-booked it today so I'll come back and let you know for future reference in case you don't do it and you're ever thinking of it again LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we decided not to kayak, and went to the beach instead! I asked about kayaking at the Explorations desk and they didn't know anything more about it than what was printed in the description. The first 3 or 4 days of our cruise were very windy so we were concerned about the conditions for this kayak tour and decided to cancel!

DH and DD road a waverunner at the beach and reported it being very choppy so we thought we made a good decision, but who knows!

If you go please let me know how the trip is - would love to do it in the future!

I hope you had a great cruise! :)

Unless the excursion gets cancelled, we'll be going. Choppy seas would not deter DH, unfortunately :eek: I guess a plus side is that it would end up being more like a private tour as the non-thrill seekers would cancel LOL

I hope you had a great cruise! :)

Unless the excursion gets cancelled, we'll be going. Choppy seas would not deter DH, unfortunately :eek: I guess a plus side is that it would end up being more like a private tour as the non-thrill seekers would cancel LOL

Yes, we had a fabulous cruise! The Adventure has always been our favorite ship and it still is! We were originally on her during the inaugural season in 2002 so it was great to get back.

Let me know how the kayak tour is when you get back - and you have a great cruise too!

Archived