Golden out of drydock

mii

The Golden is now in Vancouver for the start of the Alaska season. Tomorrow she starts a 4 day Sampler of Alaska and then she transfers down to Seattle this weekend.

http://www.vancouver.com/webcam/

Marilyn

I hope they got everything done this time that was scheduled. After the last few ships having problems, it will be interesting to see if all the work is completed or if it will be ongoing for the next few sailings.

I hope they got everything done this time that was scheduled. After the last few ships having problems, it will be interesting to see if all the work is completed or if it will be ongoing for the next few sailings.

Toto, I hope she does have everything done since I will be on her May 16th. Oh well, maybe they will work the bugs out on this 4 day sampler, then another week of 7 day cruising and then us. Hey it is a cruise.:D

Marilyn

Walked past the Golden this morning on my way to work - she looks awesome! I wish I'd brought my camera... Many people on the train I was on were remarking about the MUTS screen and how cool it looked. They were running a movie on the screen, and it definitely looks nicer than the one they put on the Grand.

The Golden is now in Vancouver for the start of the Alaska season. Tomorrow she starts a 4 day Sampler of Alaska and then she transfers down to Seattle this weekend.

http://www.vancouver.com/webcam/

Marilyn

Marilyn, thank you for posting this link. I can now see exactly where MUTS is. More importantly, I can see they left the Magrodome in place over the Calypso pool! We so enjoyed this area during our Alaska cruise on the Golden two years ago. The dome was closed for almost the entire trip since it was a bit nippy and rainy in early June. We don't even think of booking a cruise on ship without one of these! :)

I was concerned with all that still needed to be done looking at the photos on the Princess over the weekend. We just booked the June 6th Inside Passage cruise.

Nice to see the ship in Vancouver! :)

It's a little scary that Princess quit updating the drydock photos Friday...there has been nothing new posted since the work that was going on around 4/30. I had hoped to see a lot of pics of the finished work.

I am on the May 9th sailing, so I will let everyone know how things look and what still needs finishing up.

Walked past the Golden this morning on my way to work - she looks awesome! I wish I'd brought my camera... Many people on the train I was on were remarking about the MUTS screen and how cool it looked. They were running a movie on the screen, and it definitely looks nicer than the one they put on the Grand.

Will you bring your camera tomorrow and share some pictures with us, Thanks

Marilyn, thank you for posting this link. I can now see exactly where MUTS is. More importantly, I can see they left the Magrodome in place over the Calypso pool! We so enjoyed this area during our Alaska cruise on the Golden two years ago. The dome was closed for almost the entire trip since it was a bit nippy and rainy in early June. We don't even think of booking a cruise on ship without one of these! :)

With the Magrodome ...does that mean we will be able to use the pools and swim? Also do you think we will be able to use the sanctuary (sp?) as well? I am so excited to sail on her in June. I can't wait to hear what people think and see the photos. :D:D:D

With the Magrodome ...does that mean we will be able to use the pools and swim? Also do you think we will be able to use the sanctuary (sp?) as well? I am so excited to sail on her in June. I can't wait to hear what people think and see the photos. :D:D:D

They'll keep the magrodome closed in Alaska if the weather is rainy or chilly (though frankly I always enjoyed sitting in the outdoor hottubs in Alaska in the rain!).

The sanctuary is a big question mark - I'd be interested to see what people think of it in Alaska. If it's rainy/misty or cold, it probably won't get the use it would in the Caribbean - unless it can be heated in some way...?

We are sailing the 16th on her to Alaska and can't wait. Seeing the night pictures are just too cool. I have always been a fan of cooler climates so I am really looking forward to watching a movie under the stars or sitting in an outdoor hot tub.

Archived