All things "Victory"

richbum

A note to the newbies - there is a ton of info on the San Juan POC board about boarding, how to get to the port, what to do after you arrive and before you sail, what to do with luggage when you disembark but have a late flight, hotels, restaurants, etc. etc.

I spent hours researching excursions and learning how to bid on Priceline for my pre & post-cruise hotels. Hours!

With this itinerary, there are just so many options and choices to make that planning is time consuming.

I also recommend you find the most recent reviews and read what others have done and look at their photos. I just love reading about people's excursions. And seeing pictures of food! :D

I have one of the 4G all-the-way-forward cabins that used to be classified as OV. The ones that overlook the forward decks and were reclassified since you can't actually see the ocean, although you have a window.

I plan on taking a ton of photos, since they're very difficult to find for this particular cabin (I have one of the end cabins that is HC modified and the beds do NOT convert to a King).

Where do I find the "San Juan" POC board? I've clicked around and can't seem to land on it and that info is exactly what I need!

Thanks!

Where do I find the "San Juan" POC board? I've clicked around and can't seem to land on it and that info is exactly what I need!

Thanks!

Go to the Boards front page. Under Ports of Call, click on Caribbean. San Juan is there.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering if there are any Scuba divers out there that can give me advice. We are on the 3-7-10 sailing and wondering which of the port calls are the best for a certified scuba dive or two?

I know I can search each port one-by-one on the boards, but with 6 islands that's a lot of searching and reading and therefore it would be very helpful if someone who is really into scuba could give a few suggestions.

Thanks ahead of time.

I'm wondering if there are any Scuba divers out there that can give me advice. We are on the 3-7-10 sailing and wondering which of the port calls are the best for a certified scuba dive or two?

I know I can search each port one-by-one on the boards, but with 6 islands that's a lot of searching and reading and therefore it would be very helpful if someone who is really into scuba could give a few suggestions.

Thanks ahead of time.

Hi there we are on this sailing come join our roll call we leave in 11 days for PR.

Edited by explodr

Thanks ahead of time.

I do not, but you can always try and find a good answer or ask a question in the Scuba and Snorkeling forum

This forum has some information This was their recommendation:

Coki Beach in St. Thomas

www.cokidive.com

$70 including instruction and all equipment

I do not, but you can always try and find a good answer or ask a question in the Scuba and Snorkeling forum

This forum has some information This was their recommendation:

Coki Beach in St. Thomas

www.cokidive.com

$70 including instruction and all equipment

I plan on using them next week...that $70 also includes an up to $10 reimbursment for taxi from the pier.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone stayed four to a room on this ship and had two twins and a single sleeper? Was it enough room?

They will only allow you to book cabin if it "fits" that many. A single sleeper is fine, but no fourth will fit on it. Now if there is an upper listed then all is well.

I have a Carnival link that gives info on which cabins will accept a roll away/trundle bed/crib:

http://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/victory/victory.htm

Here is front page for all info on Victory for other details such as cabin details:

http://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/victory/victory.htm

p.s. if bathroom shower space gets tight, the spa locker room area has great private showers! They have towels, but no power so need to dry hair in room. This would be a great place for any guys to escape and get showered!

buffetfan--Suzy

Edited by buffetfan
add more info

Buffetfan, thanks a bunch! Looks like mine will have space for a roll-away, so no worries! :D

Great-you are welcome- not sure if roll away can or should be ordered ahead of time?

That website link is my favorite and very useful.

When are you sailing? We are on July 4th sailing. If before that perhaps you can be the supplier of information :)

Are the pools or slide open for use during boarding day in San Juan?

No, the pools and waterslide were not open for use during boarding day in San Juan, only the hot tubs were open.

Hello All,

Just working on my review from Feb. 28 to March 7, should have up by Sunday.

I do have one question, or at least, I would like to draw attention to the matter of Daylight Savings Time. It is my understanding that Puerto Rico does not observe Daylight Savings Time. For those that are cruising March 14 and later, I am sure that you will need to keep this in mind and adjust your time accordingly, as it will be an hour off from where you are traveling.

Please someone, correct me immediately, should I be providing misinformation.

Here is a number you can call to get the specific time: 787-728-9595 (From Puerto Rico Tourist Information website)

Atlantic Standard Time (AST) (EST +1; GMT -4) all year around, which means that the island does not observe Daylight Saving (one hour later than Eastern Standard Time (EST) from October to April(Now March), and the same as Eastern Daylight Saving Time from the first Sunday in April (Now 2nd Sunday March) to the last Sunday in October).

Kind Regards!

Me and two other couples are cruising on May 30th this year, is anyone else on that cruise?

I and 4 other ladies... will be on this cruise.... :D

Would anyone happen to have any pictures for cabin 2387, it is an OceanView Cabin?

Thanks bunches!

I have cruised before but cannot remember the answer to my own question, lol. So here goes... My wife and I and another couple are going on a cruise together again. We obviously would like to sit together at dinner. How do we go about this? We both have booked late dining.

I think I remember going to the maitre d right when we got on the boat and he took care of it, but I can't remember for sure. It would be nice to book it together in advance.

Thanks

Jesse

Your reservations need to be linked together. Whoever did original booking for you should be able to handle it.