Free Lemonade

It's not "free" everywhere! If you order a lemonade from a pool waiter, they will charge you! You can get it yourself from the WJ and carry it wherever you like.

Interesting, the wording on RCI's website under What's Included it says "available on board whenever you like". there is no mention of restrictions where you can get it from, also as WJ closes in the night you'd have to get it via room service if you wanted it in the middle of the night and that incurs a charge.

Berwyn

I have to 2nd the charge. If you go up to the windjammer its free. The waiter will charge you if you go to the MDR.

I don't even think it was on the room service menu...just iced tea

I'll let you know in just over a month. :eek::D. Getting nervous now.

It's a bit different from the British cruise lines I'd been on where the included stuff was available anywhere apart from Speciality Restaurant.

I'll get the online check in done later

Berwyn

I was wondering if you pre pay for the Soda packages which should give you all inclusive soft drinks does that make a difference?

Also if you wanted a drink, say a spirit with a soft drinks mixer. If you have the soda package would you be charged for the whole drink or just the spirit?

I was wondering if you pre pay for the Soda packages which should give you all inclusive soft drinks does that make a difference?

Also if you wanted a drink, say a spirit with a soft drinks mixer. If you have the soda package would you be charged for the whole drink or just the spirit?

From what I've read here and RCI website you can use the soda package in any bars and the restaurants (not speciality like Chops).

I'm not a spirit drinker but if it was me I'd ask for the soda and spirit as separate drinks then pour it onto the spirit myself so you get the strength you like.

That's what it says about the adult soft drinks package on RCI's site

UNLIMITED FOUNTAIN SODA PACKAGES

The unlimited fountain soda package entitles you to unlimited refills at any of our bars or lounges, Windjammer Café, Main Dining room, and our private destinations. A complimentary Coca-Cola® souvenir cup is included as part of every unlimited fountain soda package.

Berwyn

If you go up to the windjammer its free. The waiter will charge you if you go to the MDR.

WHAT?! You're saying you can't get free lemonade in the main dinning room? Given, it has been nearly two years since I've been on my last cruise, but the water, tea and lemonade has always been free there.

WHAT?! You're saying you can't get free lemonade in the main dinning room? Given, it has been nearly two years since I've been on my last cruise, but the water, tea and lemonade has always been free there.

You're right Bluecookies,

Again from RCI site for the MDR

Costs

All meals (including coffee, tea, water, iced tea or lemonade) in the main dining room are included in the price of your cruise. Speciality beverages, beer, wine and soft drinks are offered at current bar menu prices.

Berwyn

I am so confused now....Perhaps RCI don't even know where it should be free and not!

Curious, I don't see any confusion on the part of RCI in this case (there are plenty of other opportunities though.) What is the confusion about? One poster out of several said there was a charge - no one else has experienced a charge.

Thanks for that...

bit of a "sad" question but does anyone also know if the lemonade is sugar free?

I try not to drink sugar products so mixed lemonade with unsweet tea.Also called an Arnold Palmer. Was available outside Windjammer by pool on Grandeur.

I'll let you know in just over a month. :eek::D. Getting nervous now.

It's a bit different from the British cruise lines I'd been on where the included stuff was available anywhere apart from Speciality Restaurant.

I'll get the online check in done later

Berwyn

You're right Bluecookies,

Again from RCI site for the MDR

Costs

All meals (including coffee, tea, water, iced tea or lemonade) in the main dining room are included in the price of your cruise. Speciality beverages, beer, wine and soft drinks are offered at current bar menu prices.

Berwyn

Maybe you will have a different experience...

2 different cruises...2 different waiters at dinner.. different waiters at lunch if we did the MDR

Still wasn't free. I end up just bringing Crystal Light packets with me to dinner.

I have never seen anyone drinking the free cloudy yellow lemonade that you get from the dispenser in the WJ, in the MDR.

I have never seen anyone drinking the free cloudy yellow lemonade that you get from the dispenser in the WJ, in the MDR.

Perhaps not, but our table companions last year frequently ordered Arnold Palmer's and were not charged.

Archived