Split-Trogir buses

How long is the ride from Split to Trogir and are there any stops in between? I found a bus schedule at trogir-online.com and it seems there are no stops. I presume all the buses from all the different companies leave from the same station in Split. Any other details I should know?

Hello from Split! :)

There are 3 stops between Split and Trogir (1. Vranjic, 2. Kastel Sucurac and 3. Kastel Stari). The ride should last about an hour (I need about 25-35 minutes by car, but I'm taking upper road, not the one that passes 7 villages of Kastela).

Enjoy my city and it's surroundings. :)

I have visited Split twice on different cruises, last year took a ship tour to Trogir and another archaelogical site (name escapes me). Trogir is a walled city like Split and interesting to wander around in. We stopped between the two at the house/museum of a famous sculptor and enjoyed the visit. Split is very easy to wander around on your own.

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you, Daniela32. :) I knew you would have an answer!!! In your opinion, or others, is Trogir worth the time and effort? We do things well on our own.
I have a similar question. Do you think we have enough time to see the palace in Split and go to Trogir?

Thanks,

Donna

Hi Donna...

Since you are in port one day..I would suggest taking the Trogir/Split shorex..

I hate doing shorex BUT to make sure you don't have any traffic slowing you down..that would be my suggestion.

Split has a lot to offer and if you would like to see my Sights to See list for Split and Photos they are on our personal travel journal

We were there last year for 2 days as part of a land vacation and really loved the town!

Just go into the link below and the sections you will want are Where we've been and Photos. The music you hear in the albums is Klapa music, which you will hear being performed in the Vestibule.

http://ourpassportstamps.com/

and

Dober Dan to Daniela..next time we're there ..we should meet up for a smoothie at Tonik!

Where2next - you took such a wonderful photos of my town! And yes, we can have a drink next time, may I suggest Bacvice beach for a drink? :)

Donna, I think you've found better solution for Trogir bus than me (intercity buses, I was looking for our local transportation which has 3 stops).

I think you can do both Trogir and Split in 1 day, but in that case, you should go to Trogir first. And when you're back in Split, take a local walking tour guide (you can find one at the Perystile, it's inexpensive) so that you can exploit the maximum of this short time in Split.

If you decide to take a taxi, you can also visit Ancient Salona situated half way from Split to Trogir (this is where I live, 1 minute walking away):). That if you like ancient ruins. It's older than Split.

I think you can do both Trogir and Split in 1 day, but in that case, you should go to Trogir first. And when you're back in Split, take a local walking tour guide (you can find one at the Perystile, it's inexpensive) so that you can exploit the maximum of this short time in Split.

If you decide to take a taxi, you can also visit Ancient Salona situated half way from Split to Trogir (this is where I live, 1 minute walking away):). That if you like ancient ruins. It's older than Split.

Thank you, Daniela. :)

Donna

If you decide to stop somebody to help you find an ATM, choose somebody between 25-45 years old (older than that rather speak Italian as a second language) and ask for a BANKOMAT - try to say this word as if you were British, or simply ask about Bank Cash Machine (I learned about this ATM word here, never heard of it before).

• 1 month later...

We were in Split a couple of weeks ago and loved it. We did not need local currency (even at the gelato stand) other than some of the attractions inside the Diocletians Palace.

We do not like ship's tours (too many people and too much time wasted) so were very lucky to run into a walking tour that was wonderful. See http://www.diocletianpalacetour.com/. For 11 Euros per person, we had a 90 minute tour that gave us the fascinating history of the palace. These tours leave from the Perystile (main square) area of the palace. There are at least two walking tour companies, but we liked this one in particular for several reasons.

1. Our guide was just fantastic. She is an English teacher and was able to answer all our questions about the history.

2. This particular company let us use their Internet cafe for free for a few minutes after our tour.

3. They gave us change from our Euros in local currency so that we had monies to pay to visit the cathedral and other attractions inside the palace.

4. This tour includes an orientation of Split so that you know what to see after the tour ends.

I highly recommend that you ask for Joseph at the Perystile to buy your tickets from this particular walking tour company for great service. The tours depart at 10.30; 12.00; 14.00; 19.00.

After the tour, we loved shopping in the market right next to the palace. The waterfront area is also very nice.

We didn't go to Trogir (my husband had some work he had to finish, but we were tired anyway so made it a shorter day). Those who did go to Trogir said that is was very easy but that they enjoyed Split more.

There is no need for an expensive ship's excursion in this port because it's cheap and easy to do on your own.

Also, we highly recommend (can't find the name right now) the Internet cafe that is close to the ship. If you cross the street after you leave the ship, you'll see a few businesses on that side of the road. Look for a sign that says "calls to the U.S. 90% off." We placed a call to the U.S. for 20 minutes + used the Internet for 20 minutes all for less than $3 U.S.! Amazing. Nick has quite a nice little business there with second hand books, cafe, etc., and we enjoyed visiting with him too.

If you have any other questions, I'll be glad to help.

Have a great trip,

Donna

Archived