Last Minute Chance To Ask DBA Your Alaska Questions!

DBA

Hello - I asked this last week and I think stumped the Alaska board.

The Zaandam (Seattle June 26) is taking a day for cruising Tracy Arm, listing it as 7 AM - 4 PM. This seems like a long time when compared with a 4 hour window that most other ships grant. Do you have any info on this? Does this mean - "just at some point in that window" or do you get a good 6+ hours in the fjord?

thanks

thomas

I know with Glacier Bay we simply take that much more time for scenic viewing, including some advantageous stopping points for photos, specific glacier information and Alaska ranger narrations, etc. I would imagine it is the same for Tracy Arm.

Dutch,

We are sailing on both the Ryndam (June 19) and the Statendam (June 28). We would like to know the nights for the Master Chef's Dinner since we plan to eat in the Pinnacle that evening. It would great to know ahead of time. Thanks in advance.

The Master Chef's Dinner is almost always the final dinner onboard

(the next morning being disembark) but sometimes this can change. Best

thing to do is ask once onboard for the absolutely correct information

(the most anyone in the Seattle office can provide is a highly

educated guess)

Hope this helps, and enjoy the Pinnacle, and your cruises!

Would ove to know what the formal nights are as well as when they will be doing the renewal of Vows Cerimonn, Our 25th anniversary is May 19th and would love it if the renewal cerimony will be on the 19th when we are in Glacier Bay.

First off, congrats on the landmark anniversary! That's GREAT! :)

Formal nights, see above, are typically the first full day on the ship and either day 5 or 6, but that can occasionally change.

RE: Renewal of Vows ceremony, I believe that as this is done by the Captain, it is at his discretion, so I wouldn't be able to offer more detailed info, however, I would presume it is when the ship is at sea and not in a port so it would be less likely to disrupt any excursion plans you might have.

Happy (early) anniversary!

Don't forget that there's a childrens' menu in the dining room. It has such delicious offerings as chicken fingers and fries, fish sticks, hot dog, spaghetti and meatball, peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

I can personally recommend the fingers and fries. Delish! :D

Thanks Ruth C !!!! I didn't know that HAL had a children's menu. My sons will love it !!!!!

Archived