Location of room on Sun

nunuc2000

Howdy...

We will be in cabin 9108 Fjord deck on the NCL Sun for our San Francisco to Chile Repo in November. I know there are rooms above and below which I think is great, but I'm wondering about it's proximity to the stairs and elevators... does anyone have any thoughts or comments on the noise level? Do people tend to congregate in the immediate area of that room or the stairs or elevators directly beside that room? I keep hearing stories about how noisy it can be close to elevators and stairs... is it really that bad, or are the rooms fairly quiet there?

9108 is at the stairway. It will be more noisy from the occassional traffic and kids screaming at one another in the passageway, than cabins further away for the stairway.

Will it be too loud to enjoy? That I can't answer.

9108 is at the stairway. It will be more noisy from the occassional traffic and kids screaming at one another in the passageway, than cabins further away for the stairway.

Not sure electricon is aware that its a 19 day cruise. We did this cruise last year and all the kids we saw were still young enough that they were holding on to parents (sorry don't have kids so couldn't guess age)

As for noise I think you should be ok as the Stardust Lounge (theater) is located at the aft of ship so your stairwell won't be as busy.

And besides there's not much you can do at this point as the cruise is sold out except for the odd suite.

Your going to love this cruise and I hope you've taken time to read reviews on this cruise, as there are 3 reviews posted by myself and 2 others that were on the same cruise.

Not sure electricon is aware that its a 19 day cruise. We did this cruise last year and all the kids we saw were still young enough that they were holding on to parents (sorry don't have kids so couldn't guess age)

Your going to love this cruise and I hope you've taken time to read reviews on this cruise, as there are 3 reviews posted by myself and 2 others that were on the same cruise.

I was trying to answer the OP's question. I wouldn't want cabin 9108 for the reasons I stated.

I didn't realize that cruise was 19 nights. Never-the-less, I still stand by my earlier reply. While there will be far less kids on this very long cruise, what kids there will be love to play by the stairways and elevator banks, and kids can get very loud when having fun.

I too hope the OP has a wonderful vacation.

Since the stateroom is forward, I would doubt you see near the traffic as the other stairwells so I think you are fine there.

9108 is also a handicap stateroom meaning it is quite a bit bigger than the ordinary stateroom in this category! I think you will enjoy this room.

Link to the Sun deck plan so you see your stateroom:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/fleet/deckplan.html?shipCode=SUN

Thanks for the info, folks... I suspect that yes, due to the extended length of this particular cruise we shouldn't see very many children on board, so I hope that means we also won't have the noise associated with lots of kids. I love children, I didn't realize the theatre is at the aft end of the ship (our cabin is more towards the bow) so that should help as well.

Thanks for the info on the reviews, addicted, I did read them already and thought they were very helpful!:D

Can anyone identify the blank space between my room, 9108, and 9107? I can't tell if that's an open lobby area that opens to the stairs, or if it's a closed off area like the stewards pantry/housekeeping area.

Thanks for the info, folks... I suspect that yes, due to the extended length of this particular cruise we shouldn't see very many children on board, so I hope that means we also won't have the noise associated with lots of kids. I love children, I didn't realize the theatre is at the aft end of the ship (our cabin is more towards the bow) so that should help as well.

Thanks for the info on the reviews, addicted, I did read them already and thought they were very helpful!:D

Can anyone identify the blank space between my room, 9108, and 9107? I can't tell if that's an open lobby area that opens to the stairs, or if it's a closed off area like the stewards pantry/housekeeping area.

Does anyone else know what this space is?:confused:

Just wanted to add that since the cruise is a 19 day cruise in November when kids are in school, there should be no worries about children screaming. You will love your stateroom.

Does anyone else know what this space is?

As far as the blank space; they are usually spaces for linens, towels, toilet paper, cleaning supplies and other room steward necessities.

Archived