Cannot Reserve a Balcony Stateroom in 2010 for 4

I have booked an inside cabin for 4 in a June sailing on the Dawn in 2010. I was thinking of upgrading to a Balcony stateroom but the NCL site doesn't allow quad occupancy to reserve balcony staterooms.

According to the deck plans, most if not all the balcony rooms have quad occupancy so I don't understand why I cannot book these.

Any thoughts?

I have booked an inside cabin for 4 in a June sailing on the Dawn in 2010. I was thinking of upgrading to a Balcony stateroom but the NCL site doesn't allow quad occupancy to reserve balcony staterooms.

According to the deck plans, most if not all the balcony rooms have quad occupancy so I don't understand why I cannot book these.

Any thoughts?

Yes, you need to book a mini-suite.

Any thoughts?

I don't think the BE, BD, BC, BB or BA balcony cabins hold 4 people. They are made for three and we just stayed in a BB and there's NO way 4 can sleep in that cabin.

The AG & AF minisuites on deck 11 can hold 4. We have stayed in an AF and it can be done.

Happy Cruising

Thanks for the posts. I figured it out.

According to the NCL deck plans, the legend states "third and/or fourth occupancy available" when you scroll over it. I misunderstood the "+" meant occupancy for four.

Thanks for the posts.

According to the NCL deck plans for the Dawn, balconies do have capacity for four. The legend at the bottom indicates that the "+" symbol indicates quad occupancy. There is a "+" on all inside and balcony and inside staterooms.

I have already booked the four of us in an inside cabin which is smaller than a balcony so I don't see why the site won't allow me unless the legend of the deck plans is wrong.

Do they? Let's check the Dawn's Deck Plans

Deck 11 Deck 10 Deck 9 Deck 8

86_d11.gif86_d10.gif86_d9.gif86_d8.gif

Mini-suites on Deck 11 have the (plus) symbol indicating 4 beds, Balcony cabins on Decks 8, 9, and 10 have the (triangle) symbol indicating 3 beds.

Of course in mini-suites it is really only "three" individual beds (two twins that can be pushed together to make a queen and the pull-out couch. The couch is larger than a balcony cabin one and thus it can "fit" two people on it. Don't know if I would want the squeeze though.

The inside cabins that are quads actually have the two bottom/floor level beds and then two murphy beds, so 4 individual beds.

The inside cabins that are quads actually have the two bottom/floor level beds and then two murphy beds, so 4 individual beds.

Actually our cabin on the Dawn had two floor beds, one Murphy bed, and one bed that came out from under one of the beds on the floor. When all the beds were set up, it was wall to wall beds on the floor and one hanging from the wall.

Quite cozy :D

Cheryl

Archived