Is OBC being given to rerouted cruisers?

TortieGal

There was on the earlier ones. But I don't see OBC offered on the new changes. I think it's been going on long enough now that they figure people have ample warning their cruise may/will be affected.

I actually asked my TA that same question... Answer was noooooooooo.. Which I think is a shame since we are going to a different Island than we originally booked/planned/paid for and not creating a stink, not demanding anything, not calling them and complaining etc!!!

In our case, we have no choice but to stay put... We have been planning this cruise as a surprise for my Dad's 80th birthday (which happens to fall on the Thursday of the week we're cruising). We all put in for this vacation week last year and can't change it or Dad's birthday. We also can't "jump ship" as the availability and cabin assignments on the other ones are horrible (i.e, cabins in the way front or back of the ship are the only ones left on another ship).

Yes...

We were scheduled on the Glory to go to Belize, Nassau, Cozumel and Costa Maya. Now we are going to Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. We are being given a $20 OBC for the missed port. (we had 4, now we only have 3)

Looks like

Glory pax are getting $20

Conquest pax are getting $20

Elation pax that are missing Ensenada, but still going to Catalina are getting $50

Paradise pax that are missing Ensenada, but still going to Catalina are getting $50

Splendor pax are getting $100

Yes...

We were scheduled on the Glory to go to Belize, Nassau, Cozumel and Costa Maya. Now we are going to Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. We are being given a $20 OBC for the missed port. (we had 4, now we only have 3)

What you received is not OBC...it's a refund of port taxes....everyone gets that when a port is changed and the fees are lower.

Looks like

Elation pax that are missing Ensenada, but still going to Catalina are getting $50

Paradise pax that are missing Ensenada, but still going to Catalina are getting $50

An additional $300 will come in handy, if we decide to make the trip. Still can't decide. We have until May 7th to decide.:rolleyes:

An additional $300 will come in handy, if we decide to make the trip. Still can't decide. We have until May 7th to decide.:rolleyes:

I would go, the weather will ~hopefully~ be much nicer by this time next month, it would be something to look back on and I'd save all the capers, etc., they might become collectibles.

Looks like

What about Liberty pax who are missing Cozumel and winding up in Roatan????

I girlfriend of mine is cruising RC right now. Was booked for Mexico but instead is going to S.F, Seattle and British Columbia. They were given $350 OBC, per state room and $350 off their next cruise, per person.

I know you didn't ask about RC but I thought i would mention it because I knew the answer :rolleyes:

What about Liberty pax who are missing Cozumel and winding up in Roatan????

What about Valor missing Cozumel and going to Key West?

Nothing, just the opportunity to cancel by May 7th with a future cruise credit in the amount paid.

I actually knew that BUT IN OUR CASE.... Poppy is only going to be 80 ONCE and its the Thursday of the the week that his ENTIRE family (wife, daughters, son-in-laws and all the grandkids) are going!!!

Not really a big deal, we'll still be cruising and it could be worse... we got Roatan and are going to Fins n Flippers!!!

forget the OBC!!!! I get extra days in a CAT 12.... Im bummed because I plan this trip for the ports, but that was over a year ago. Right now, I trully wouldn't care if the ship drove in circles, as long as the dont run out of food or drinks, im one happy camper!

I actually knew that BUT IN OUR CASE.... Poppy is only going to be 80 ONCE and its the Thursday of the the week that his ENTIRE family (wife, daughters, son-in-laws and all the grandkids) are going!!!

Not really a big deal, we'll still be cruising and it could be worse... we got Roatan and are going to Fins n Flippers!!!

Hope he has a WONDERFUL birthday! Hopefully you will get to Coz some other time.

What about Valor missing Cozumel and going to Key West?

Hi all, at least you are getting to go somewhere. :) Last week we did a 5 day cruise to nowhere. Found out the second day of the cruise. No other ports were offered. Try to make the best of a bad situation and enjoy!

Kat

Hi all, at least you are getting to go somewhere. :) Last week we did a 5 day cruise to nowhere. Found out the second day of the cruise. No other ports were offered. Try to make the best of a bad situation and enjoy!

Kat

I am by no means upset about the port...Been to Cozumel 4 other times. Just curious if the fees were different at the ports

Sorry about your cruise...just think. I was at work while you were on a cruise :)

Yes...

Same here except we're going to Grand Turk, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios.

Looks like

Is this for each person in a cabin, or only first two?

I am by no means upset about the port...Been to Cozumel 4 other times. Just curious if the fees were different at the ports

Sorry about your cruise...just think. I was at work while you were on a cruise :)

Saw your sig about trying the eastern.....go for it. We LOVE Turks and Half Moon. HM and Grand Cayman are our two favorite ports. :D Turks is kinda a sleepy little town. Very nice people there. If you go into town they really welcome you. The Britsh accent is fun too. Yup, we are the same about Cozumel. Been there many times. Always fun though. This cruise was a can't wait til September and had to go somewhere and Galveston was closest (8 hr drive) port for us, but we enjoy the road trip too playing down and back.

Enjoy where ever you choose!

Kat

Archived