Losing to Cruise on 2/5/10 Using Alli anyone want to join me? No bashing please.

boop3

HI Everyone!

Have my 7th cruise scheduled 2nd on Explorer of the seas. I am trying so hard to lose weight. Have lost a bit doing south beach but it is hard for me to stick to.

Bought Alli and I am going to start tomorrow 5/6/09. Any one using this or thinking about using this? I am going in with the mindset to think and eat like I have a gastric band.

Please join me. The more the merrier! :D

Nora

I would be careful about using the Alli. You really need to make sure that you don't eat too much fat while using it. Not that you should eat too much fat while not using it, but I'm sure you know what I mean. I tried the Alli but it didn't last long. For some reason whenever I would drink milk (and I only drink 2%) I would get gassy and sometimes come close to having accidents! with the gas.:eek: It just got to the point where I was almost afraid to leave the house. So I only used it for about 2 months. So I hope you have a better experience with it than I did.:D

Good luck.

Sue

HI Sue!

Love this Plays well with others, but runs with scissors thats me too! :D

It is day 3 and so far so good. I only drink skim milk. Yesterday at work they had a bunch of goodies for Nurses day. ( I am an RN) whild I was tempted I had to keep in mind what could happen. So I opted to get the fresh fruit offered. That is a big step for me.

Thanks for your feedback!

Nora

Good for you! Luckily enough you have a while to get that perfect shape. I wanna start asap, cruising again June 20th. Could be difficult to lose 20'ish lbs by then! Lets motivate each other!

Hello! I started South Beach three weeks ago and have only lost 5 pounds (and I have at least 50 pounds to lose). I have stuck to the plan to a "T".

I also have hypothyroidism which I KNOW hinders weight loss, but I'm just so desperate to lose some of this weight before our cruise that I'm thinking of incorporating Alli with South Beach.

Good luck everyone!

I started Alli last friday. I lost 4.2 lbs. this week. I already drank tons of water so I know it wasn't all water weight. I am down 7 lbs. total. I have had no "TE's" (treatment effects) and have had no problem staying within the guidelines that Alli suggests for me. I joined Weight watchers about 20 times from age 17 until now (32) but although I love the program I was just sooo hungry all the time. It just wasnt for me, however I wish it was especially with all the money I wasted. :(

You really don't have to have TE's, I havent had any and I was so nervous to take the pills. Just stay in your fat gram target. I would be happy to join you!

Heather :)

Hi Kristy bschur and Heather!

I am happy so far. Keeping the fat grams down. Kristy I am doing a modified version of south beach. Low fat and allowing myself fruit. I have lost 3 pound and I am excited!

My cruise is in 9 months. I would like to lose 50 pounds. But what ever I can get off is a blessing.

Have a good night and lets post oftet. I look forward to getting know everyone!

Welcome Dorene!

The more the merrier. I know how it is with social functions.

Weekends can be a challenge so I will check in often. I actually have some time to myself which is rare so I am going to head to the mall to reward myself for my 4# loss.

Non food of course :D Bath & Body is having some good sales. Last month I got a sample of their new cool citrus lotion. Smells so clean and fresh perfect for the sweltering weather coming up.

Take care be back later.

Nora

Hi all .... Marianne here and I just started Alli yesterday (Friday 05/08/09) - I am cruising July 6th on the HAL Oosterdam... I would like to lose at least 20 lbs - I know it's going to be difficult, but I'm committed :)

I am combining Alli with 1 slimfast shake/day for breakfast and just really watching my calorie and fat intake - no "TE" either.

Do you think we ought to have a weigh in & post results day?

Hi Marianne! Welcome :)

Yesterday DH took me to see the new Star Trek movie. It was great! This is a 'prequel' for those that were fans of the TV series this was when they all met at Starfleet Academy.

Going to the movies can be a challenge for me. Everything smells so good. I did some pre planning. Had a light snack before I went . Only had a small diet coke. Their idea of small cracked me up. It had to be at least a quart if not more.

Has any one tried Greek Yogurt? I love regular yogurt but not a fan of the fat free stuff. With Greek style the fat free is so creamy. I went shopping at BJ's club and bought a case of Chopani non fat with fruit on the bottom. There are no artificial flavorings or sugar added. I had to keep looking at the label to make sure it was really 0 fat ;)

Does any one have any really good food finds? Please share.

Happy Mother's day to all the Moms. Even if you are not a Mom take care of you!

Nora

I adore greek yogurt. I have been eating the FAGE 2% because I was having trouble getting those fat grams in. It only has 4 grams of fat, and I am "allowed" 19 at each meal. However, I rarely made it above 10-12 so I figured what the heck. And it's 40 calories extra....wish I could say the same about the calories.:rolleyes: I also get fresh berries and mix them in and drizzle with a teaspoon of honey. It is to die for!

I did not make very many wise choices this weekend and I am suffering the consequences today.:( Not really having the TE's we are all afraid of just a general ache in my stomache and nausea. However I am glad that this happened because next time I am tempted I am ask myself "Do you want to feel like that again"? and hopefully, the answer will be no.;)

yummmm that sounds good...

ok, maybe I didn't read all of the information - but you are having to eat 19gms of fat / day or at each meal?

I was good this weekend although I really wanted some Olive Garden for Mother's Day :( ... oh well, I just kept thinking 20lbs by July 4th (or at least at much as I can do)....

Today, me and a couple co-workers went out to Chinese for lunch... I was so proud of myself - I asked for hibachi lean steak with veggies, brown rice and spicy sauce - ON THE SIDE... I ate about 1/2 cup of the rice all of my veggies ... which is HUGE for me, all of my steak of course and just barely dipped them in the sauce... no egg roll either!!!! getting ready for dinner...probably just have some cereal or weight watcher dinner..

ok - well, there's my diary for the day - sorry to go on and on

Hi Misty...

I'm kind of combining Alli w/ WW & 1 slimfast for a meal.... I am really watching my fat intake - I've only been on Alli since Friday - hopefully I'll have good results by the end of the week... WW used to work for me, but nothing seemed to work lately (since I hit my 40's - no matter what I did, I couldn't lose), so fingers crossed this combo works

Good Luck to all! It's a real pain in the **** to lose the weight. Just please be careful (NO FAT) with the Allie. I tried it and must have ate something with fat ... I thought I was going to either explode or die. I am poking along with WW - probably would do better if I really stuck with the program:p

Good Morning Alli Friends :D

According to the info with my starter pack it say no more than 15 grams a fat per meal.

So that would be 45 grams for a day. It also cautions not to hoard your fat grams and splurge all at once too.

So far have not had any TE. Have lost another .5 Not surprised that time of month is due very soon.

Heather you are right. You have to decide if you want to feel that way. That is what I have in the back of my mind. We are neighbors so to speak. I am up in Syracuse.

Marianne- Good job of staying on track !

Sillysailor- you can have fat you just to need to monitor how much.

Have a great day all!

Nora

Yes, I know it sounds like alot of fat...but my plan is 1800 calories a day and 19 grams of fat per meal...no more than 60 grams of fat per day. I weigh over 185 so that is their recommendation. I got my customized plan for the alli website. However I rarely eat 1800 cals. I try to keep it around 1600 and the fat close to about 12 grams per meal.

I did WW it feels like 100 times. I do love the program, I was just so hungry all the time. And I hate constantly thinking of food all day, what am I going to eat, when can I eat again.....blah blah blah :rolleyes: That's really why I haven't lost it and kept it off. I get so tired of the planning, prepping, cooking etc. Does anyone have any tips to keep me motivated when I start to feel tired of all that?

How is eveyone else doing? Should we post progress on fridays or something?

talk soon,

Heather

Hi

I plan on weighing myself on Sunday Mornings. I feel good, but I need to carry all 3 pills with me because times we go out to eat and I like to take it with my meals. I have many pounds to lose so sometimes it feels like a big waste of time. I am 50 and I hope one day to see my daughters walk down the isle and be a Nana too..........LOL

So I want to get some of this weight off........I cruise alot...........and I don't do well while I am on the cruise..........I need to stay focus..........

I need to remember, if I fall, I need to just get back on and start over.

I may not talk much on here but I do read everything, I didnt weigh myself on Sunday this week because if I didnt do well it would have ruined my mothers day. So I am giving myself this Sunday.

Dorene

Alli works. It helped me loose 72 pounds.

It actually challenged me to eat better. Reduce the fat intake or suffer the consequences. I was amazed how fast the pounds started dropping after I really started paying attention to my eating habits.

I recently started taking it again because I got lazy and just can't get these last 15-20 pounds off. And I have an upcoming cruise! :p

Hang in there, all. You really can do it.

Before (Sept. '07) & After (Dec. '08)

3529451298_f7f618803d_o.jpg3529451300_e2a1e59dc3_o.jpg

Dorene, I think it is really wonderful that you are being kind to yourself by allowing that extra week to weigh in. I for one need to remember to be kind to myself.

DaisyBa6y...thank you for your kind words. I can tell that you have the determination to lose those last pesky pounds. Thank you as well for the hope that we can all do it and the pictures to prove it!

-Heather

Hi Everyone!

Good to see so much chatter :D

Daisey you look great. Thanks for joining us!

Friday weigh in day is good for me. If you decide to weigh in another day you can always post your results on Friday.

I already feel better. My waist band on my jeans is a tad bit looser. I should have a good 3 days. Dh is out of town on business so it is real easy for me to keep on track.

Have a great day. We can do it!

Nora

I'm really glad we've all started chatting up here - it helps inspire me :)

Wow... 72 lbs !!! that's WONDERFUL - You look terrific! What was the "typical" weekly weight loss?

Saturday mornings are good, but any day Friday, Saturday or Sunday works as well.. doesn't matter as long as we support eachother !

My plan is 1400 calories a day / 15gms of fat per meal.... I haven't been tracking my calories like I should... I don't like to add up all of those all day, but the fat / meal is easier for me...

Heather - my motivation is when I can actually feel like I've lost pounds, I just say - stay on it - I know I can do it.... I don't know how much I've lost, but I do "feel" like I've dropped a few - I see myself standing taller and maybe that's just in my head... we'll see ... but I like that I am watching what I eat.

We will all be successful :D

... What was the "typical" weekly weight loss?

I knew this "diet" was different than all the rest I tried. For some reason I felt this one was going to work. I needed to lose quite a lot so I thought keeping track and weighing myself often would be a fun and rewarding thing to do.

My chart:

3530610689_dee01d2ca9_o.jpg

There really was no "typical" week (especially around the Holidays!:eek:). I'm no math wiz, but I think I averaged about 10 lbs. a month. I felt that was a good pace, one I could live with. Many, many years ago I was on a Dr. assisted diet and lost 30 lbs. a month in 2 months. I felt horrible most of the time, and I gained it all back way too fast.

To be honest, I am scared to death of gaining again. I have gained nearly 10 lbs. since I was at my lowest. Maybe that is why I started taking Alli after all these months. I am in need of a refresher course on eating properly.

Archived