What makes you keep cruising Carnival?

We basically cruise with Carnival because thats with whom we booked our first cruise with. We had a great time and have so ever since on every other one so far with Carnival so why change. Prices are good and food good so far so thats it. Would I try another line yes....but the reviews keep me coming back to Carnival also. A friend of mine who happens to be African-American was looked down on by RCL passengers. She is a very nice woman around my age who is very nice and well spoken. A true sweetheart and friend and deserves to be treated just like anyone else thats proper! So kudos to all you Carnival passengers who make it a pleasure to cruise with. Happy Carnival Cruising to all of you!

I'm going on my 4th cruise with Carnival and have not tried any other line because of the the Value you get. Quality of food is WONDERFUL, and if you don't like it, they will bring you something else. The service you get is also great. My cabin stewart is so nice, fast and friendly, I swear they hide under your bed.:eek: They made my bed everytime I left the room.

The comfort bed is too die for. I go on cruises just so I can sleep.

I avoided carnival for several years, only because they didnt cruise out of seattle, so I went with norweigan. I went on the norweigan spirit and the star....both to alaska. I had fun on both, but didnt really have anything to compare it to. well, after my splendor cruise, even with the ports being taken away, my loyalty is now 100 % with carnival. every aspect of the ship and crew was better than I saw with ncl. the nightlife was easily better on carnival, as after 10 pm on ncl, there isnt any. Im anxiously awaiting my first carnival alaskan cruise. If its as good as I hope, I will be doing it every year....

I have only tried 2 other lines (RCCL and NCL) and both times I was dissappointed.

Besides all that was mentioned by everyone else, which I agree with - CCL is just "down right" FUN! I am Platinum with CCL and it's hard to give up those perks - but on the other lines it seems that they "pull the sidewalks in at 5:00" - how's that for a little Southern vernacular? LOL! Good Luck. Chick.

Thanks for that.... it's funny cuz I don't mind going to bed early. For some reason I literally kill myself to stay up till 11 sometimes, even on vacation. BUt I am a 5am -6am early riser, even when I don't have to be up. But I am excited about trying Carnival. We are younger (I'm 31 going on 32 this year) and we are looking for Good Food and a place where we can kick back. It sounds like Carnival will be getting our business and who knows, maybe after Alaska, we'll stick with them.

Hi- We enjoy several of the cruise lines, but find Carnival to be especially festive. Good music & food. This year we had a ball at the Karaoke where folks were not only singing, but also dancing. The food has always been quite good.

We like the spacious cabins and the prices can't be beat. Carnival also offers lots of shorter cruises which fit in with people's work schedules. Many folks just can't take 10 day cruises due to their work schedules.

Carnival was my first cruise when I was 24. The reason I chose it was for the price. It was much cheaper than other cruiselines. I loved it (I had nothing to compare it too though). My next cruise was on Royal Caribbean. I also loved it, but not any more than Carnival. Since Carnival is usually much cheaper, I stick with it. I will have a great time on any ship, I might as well save some money. I love the food and entertainment.

I am not in love with Carnival.

And I am definitely not a Carnival cheerleader.

Carnival has disappointed me several times.

And their customer service people are the pits.

I could have decided that I would never do business with them again, but that would only prevent me from having the joy of cruising....which would be really dumb.

I like to cruise.

There are two ports that I can drive to and Carnival runs cruises out of each.

Five day cruises suit DH's work schedule.

I accept that Carnival has good points and bad ones.

Their customer service people stink, but I have a lovely easy to work with PVP.

So, I keep booking with Carnival as long as I can come up with the money.

But from now on I will not just double check everything; I will triple check it.

It really is the FUNNEL!

For some reason if I'm on Lido and I don't see the kickin' red/white/blue T shooting into the sky, I wouldn't feel right. :D

We were leaving Vigo Spain. We were on the Splendor and she starting to go under (where else would it go Pegs :rolleyes:) this huge bridge, a very very tall bridge. We all ran up on the very top deck, to watch this. I swear that funnel was going to crash into the bridge, it really looked like it. But of course the Captain knew a lot more than I did and that very large ship went under that bridge with some room to spare. It really was an amazing site. Of course my camera was in our Stateroom :(

i am a cheerleader for no line. we just want to have a great vacation and so far all of them have been:)...maybe its us:D

on that note,we did 3 rci cruises in the last year and loved it, but i always wanted to try carnival,never know , might love it more, only we can decide

counting the days until the dream, and i say try it if you want to,just have the right attitude and you cant go wrong:cool:

dave

So far I have only been on a couple NCL cruises(2) One was fabulous(Hawaii) and the other OK. Of course we had a jumper on the second cruise so most of our time on the cruise we were in the search mode and it was cold on the balcony.

I thought I would only go with NCL since I had heard Carnival was a real Party type ship wich I equated to everyone is 20. I have since heard they are trying to rid themselves of that type of impression. Because we live in Texas and we are trying to save money we are going to try Carnival(now that they are starting the anytime dining.) I am very excited and will most likely cruise twice a year on them if they are anywhere near perfectly fine. :D

We haven't sailed Princess, but we have sailed Disney, RCI and Carnival. Carnival's food is the best, as well as the price! We had excellent service as well. I agree. You can't go wrong with Carnival.

another carnival fan, especially factoring in the great military discount which they extend to 'just' the honorably discharged vets:rolleyes:DCL only offers to retired, active & DOD last i checked:mad:

if we could've worked their alaskan offerings into our summer plans we'd have booked with them, decided upon NCL solely on price; hope we're not disappointed.

the spirit class Legend was a lovely ship, far exceeded our expectations and the itinerary was amazing.

We did experience an issue with an excursion going awry and turning into glorified shopping trip, wasn't impressed w/ shore excursion desk's dismissive attitude

DCL delivers on customer service. I expect it, based upon the price paid for the cruise (disney difference & all;)). However, it's hard to justify booking an inside cabin 7 night cruise on DCL when i can easily book a balcony on Carnival for @ least 1/2 to 3/4 the price.:) The 3 & 4 day ones seem to be more cost effective for us.

the buffet was disappointing on the Legend, dinner above average; still...didn't go hungry lol

biggest surprise was the staff on the Legend, not polished yet oh so eager to please; especially the DR waitstaff who went out of their way to engage my then tween son into the nightly dancing, etc.:)

if nothing else, Carnival delivers on it's promise of a fun ship!

I have only tried 2 other lines (RCCL and NCL) and both times I was dissappointed.

Besides all that was mentioned by everyone else, which I agree with - CCL is just "down right" FUN! I am Platinum with CCL and it's hard to give up those perks - but on the other lines it seems that they "pull the sidewalks in at 5:00" - how's that for a little Southern vernacular? LOL! Good Luck. Chick.

I have sailed on RCCL and NCL as well. To say the cruises were disappointing would be an understatement. Neither line had particularly good food. The rooms were kind of small on RCCL and NCL. And most of all, I didn't have fun.

We are Platinum on Carnival, Diamond on RCCL and Gold on Princess. Of the three I usually book Carnival because of the value it represents.

The food is almost as good as Princess and far better than RCCL.

The service is about the same on all three.

The rooms are larger on Carnival about the same on Princess - On the new RCCL ships the bed touches the desk requiring you to crawl over the bed to get in.

The new RRCL ships are awesome but only if you want to cruise in a mall atmosphere.

Carnival has the water slide and seaside theater which I always use. RCCL has the flow rider, rock climbing wall and ce rink which I have never used.

If I find a great deal on RCCL I will take it but they are few and far between. So the majority of the time I am on Carnival because it is equal to RCCL and about half the price.

Hi-

We like the spacious cabins and the prices can't be beat. .

Agreed...I was wondering if someone was going to mention the size of the cabins. :) I was just pricing an NCL cruise today...the two Carnival we have booked are not going to switch over to "anytime dining" before we go and I thought it would be fun to try, plus a different ship and different line. Even though the base price was low, by the time I priced it all the way out, Carnival was still less money. Also, the size of the cabin...much smaller! I am a bit of a neatfreak and like to have room to put everything away. Also, I have a very physical job and busy life so when I go on vacation, I'm all about relaxing even if it's just in the cabin reading or napping so it's nice to have some room to do that in comfort.

I have done many land vacations on a budget...booked an efficiency room to save money on eating out, driving instead of flying, staying at budget motels that are clean but little more, etc. Anything to stretch the dollars. On Carnival, I spend so little for what I receive. Of course, what must be taken into account is that I am so very grateful for the break...no cooking, washing dishes, cleaning, walking the dog...everyone on Carnival does all the things I do at home and they do it with a smile on their faces. :) I really feel like I've found the most economic, relaxing, and enjoyable way to take a break and travel at the same time with Carnival.

As someone pointed out in a negative review of Carnival that I read, they are for the "Wal-Mart set"...well, I do most of my shopping at Wal-Mart so I guess that means Carnival is for me. :D

If Carnival is your choice for this cruise, I hope you have as lovely a time as I've had on all of my cruises.

we took our first cruise after graduating college, and picked carnival because it was affordable and we heard it tended to have a younger crowd. we had a great time!

this time around we considered trying out another cruiseline but ultimately came back to carnival because the prices were MUCH cheaper, especially taking into account our past guest discount, and we had such a good time on our last cruise we figured why mess with a good thing?

from what I've read, the rooms are bigger, plus we thought the food was great, we don't care about extras like a rockclimbing wall, we appreciate a younger crowd, we like the availability of lots of activities/shows, and the service was great. we may eventually branch out to another cruiseline but I don't see us doing so in the near future...

We are Platinum on Carnival, Diamond on RCCL and Gold on Princess. Of the three I usually book Carnival because of the value it represents.

The food is almost as good as Princess and far better than RCCL.

The service is about the same on all three.

The rooms are larger on Carnival about the same on Princess - On the new RCCL ships the bed touches the desk requiring you to crawl over the bed to get in.

The new RRCL ships are awesome but only if you want to cruise in a mall atmosphere.

Carnival has the water slide and seaside theater which I always use. RCCL has the flow rider, rock climbing wall and ce rink which I have never used.

If I find a great deal on RCCL I will take it but they are few and far between. So the majority of the time I am on Carnival because it is equal to RCCL and about half the price.

DH don't like malls, and doesn't like the crowded feeling on any ship. We are trying RCL because my cousin is diamond and picked it for her wedding. I may try the flowrider, but won't bother me if I decide not to. I don't have the stability to rock climb or ice skate soo that's out.

Agreed...I was wondering if someone was going to mention the size of the cabins. :) I was just pricing an NCL cruise today...the two Carnival we have booked are not going to switch over to "anytime dining" before we go and I thought it would be fun to try, plus a different ship and different line. Even though the base price was low, by the time I priced it all the way out, Carnival was still less money. Also, the size of the cabin...much smaller! I am a bit of a neatfreak and like to have room to put everything away. Also, I have a very physical job and busy life so when I go on vacation, I'm all about relaxing even if it's just in the cabin reading or napping so it's nice to have some room to do that in comfort.

I have done many land vacations on a budget...booked an efficiency room to save money on eating out, driving instead of flying, staying at budget motels that are clean but little more, etc. Anything to stretch the dollars. On Carnival, I spend so little for what I receive. Of course, what must be taken into account is that I am so very grateful for the break...no cooking, washing dishes, cleaning, walking the dog...everyone on Carnival does all the things I do at home and they do it with a smile on their faces. :) I really feel like I've found the most economic, relaxing, and enjoyable way to take a break and travel at the same time with Carnival.

As someone pointed out in a negative review of Carnival that I read, they are for the "Wal-Mart set"...well, I do most of my shopping at Wal-Mart so I guess that means Carnival is for me. :D

If Carnival is your choice for this cruise, I hope you have as lovely a time as I've had on all of my cruises.

There is nothing wrong with Wal-Mart... I shop there most of the time, because I get my groceries CHEAPER than a regular grocery store.

we took our first cruise after graduating college, and picked carnival because it was affordable and we heard it tended to have a younger crowd. we had a great time!

this time around we considered trying out another cruiseline but ultimately came back to carnival because the prices were MUCH cheaper, especially taking into account our past guest discount, and we had such a good time on our last cruise we figured why mess with a good thing?

from what I've read, the rooms are bigger, plus we thought the food was great, we don't care about extras like a rockclimbing wall, we appreciate a younger crowd, we like the availability of lots of activities/shows, and the service was great. we may eventually branch out to another cruiseline but I don't see us doing so in the near future...

Younger or Older, DH and I don't care. I know Alaska is more sedate regardless of line. It's a different atmosphere than the Caribbean Itineraries.

I think I know another reason why we will be booking Carnival, besides price... All of you helpful people. Way back I posted threads on other boards and I was lucky to get 5 repsonses. I love a thread being beyond page 1 that I started. You guys ROCK!!!!

I will let you know as soon as I book. Princess released thier prices today and its ridiculous.... I can't justify almost spending $1000 for a 3rd person... and that 3rd person being a 2 1/2 yr old who can't participate in the kids club...etc...

Thanks to all

Archived