advice on sky suites on soltice class ships please

Hi,we want to book a sky suite on one of the solstice ships in the carri bean,a little worried about booking the ones right at the aft as its our first cruise amd my husbund has been known to suffer from motion sickness! which of the others are in the best location ? this is for our 25th wedding anniversary early 2011,thankyou!!:)

Hi,we want to book a sky suite on one of the solstice ships in the carri bean,a little worried about booking the ones right at the aft as its our first cruise amd my husbund has been known to suffer from motion sickness! which of the others are in the best location ? this is for our 25th wedding anniversary early 2011,thankyou!!:)

Hi Hollie !

If your husband is prone to motion sickness, I'd be inclined to book something mid-ship if possible. Enjoy your Cruise !

We were in #2148 , did not have any pole. Very smooth sailing for entire cruise. Only problem with cabin was it below a bar and you could hear the chairs being moved around on the wooden deck. Great ship.

We were in 1663--my wife is usually prone to motion sickness, but she never had to take her dramamine. We loved this room and have booked the same one on Equinox--it has 2 poles, but you don't notice them after the first day.

We were in #2148 , did not have any pole. Very smooth sailing for entire cruise. Only problem with cabin was it below a bar and you could hear the chairs being moved around on the wooden deck. Great ship.

2148 isn't a Sky Suite--I think just the aft corner Sky Suites have the poles.

We were just on the Solstice and had an aft sky suite - 1198. We LOVED it and never felt any motion. Only odd thing is the aft suites do have a pole in them.....yes, a pole.

Of course they have a pole...its to dance on! :eek: :p

2148 is a sky suite but a S2 and no pole. The corner aft sky suites are S1 with one or two poles.

I am very prone to motion sickness but did not even need my ear patch this past November on the Solstice... had a SV cabin. But I did have it just in case.

We were in 2135, on the port side. I too get motion sickness, so I started taking ginger capsules, which you can get at Walmart, before leaving Ft. Lauderdale. Even so, the first night the seas were a little rough getting out of Ft. L. But after the second day I no longer needed the ginger, because the Solstice sails quite smoothly.

You will LOVE the sky suite! The ones along the sides of the resort deck don't have poles. I think the further toward the front of the ship, the better. We did hear noises from the Oceanview Cafe at 5 or so in the morning, just for a short time--sounded like thunder. There is SO much storage space you'd be hard pressed to use it all up! Happy 25th, and have a GREAT cruise!

PS If you really want to treat yourselves, get photos taken with Deep Blue studios onboard. They have the albums made in Italy, and airbrush and touch up the prints. We had photos taken all over the ship, and felt like celebrities! It's a wonderful memento of the ship and our 20th anniversary.

Of course they have a pole...its to dance on! :eek: :p

We kept looking for the pole dance classes in Celebrity Today, but never could figure out when they were!! Had to improvise on our own. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived