Carnival Dream

mstechr

Hi All,

I was wondering when first sail date for the Carnival Dream is. We are booked on the ship in Mar 2010 and I'm anxious for feedback on the staterooms. We have rooms 6484, 6490 and 6486 on the upper deck. Two of the rooms are aft balconies. The balconies are long and you have more space than a normal balcony. I'd like to know if there are advantages or disadvantages to this location and also if it's worth the extra $$$ for the extra space on the balcony. We have stayed in a balcony room before that was located towards the back of an NCL ship and it was fine, although we were on a higher floor. One thing we don't like about the two rooms is that they do not adjoin in any way so we can't connect the two rooms. We have considered going to the back of the boat and choosing two connecting rooms there but wanted to see what others had to say about the rooms we have currently chosen. We had a great time on our NCL cruise this year and we are looking forward to trying out Carnival.

We are sailing out of Port Canavaral and intend to spend a week at DisneyWorld before the cruise. We wondered if we used the shuttle from our resort back to the airport if we could catch a shuttle from the airport to the port. Does anyone know if there is a free shuttle from the airport to the port there?

TIA

Tammy

The first cruise is listed for Sept. 21 from Rome.

The cabins you have are in the back of the ship. The two balcony cabins can probably have the balcony divider opened to make a large balcony Those cabins are listed as 8A cabins and those are the cheapest balcony cabins you can get. You were lucky to get the two you have. We have never had those balcony cabins but we've had the 9A next to it and a few 8G cabins (the very back) on deck 7 and really like them. We always try to get the aft cabins.

There is no free transportation from the airport to Port Canaveral. I'm sure other who have needed transportation will help you with that.

The first cruise is listed for Sept. 21 from Rome.

The cabins you have are in the back of the ship. The two balcony cabins can probably have the balcony divider opened to make a large balcony Those cabins are listed as 8A cabins and those are the cheapest balcony cabins you can get. You were lucky to get the two you have. We have never had those balcony cabins but we've had the 9A next to it and a few 8G cabins (the very back) on deck 7 and really like them. We always try to get the aft cabins.

There is no free transportation from the airport to Port Canaveral. I'm sure other who have needed transportation will help you with that.

If you had to choose between the cabins we have and two that are on the backside of the boat which would you choose? We can get cabins at the back of the ship with the divider opened up. The cabins we have do not have the capability of having the divider opened up according to our cruise planner. We are wondering how much ocean spray you get on the upper deck. Also, I'm curious if the cabins at the back of the boat with more square shaped balconies really feel like you have a HUGE balcony. We appreciate the extra space on our balcony with our current cabin choice but it is still narrow and not setup to sit around and visit with friends and family. We got an inside room for my son and nephew but I imagine they will want to spend some time on our balconies and we're just wondering if we go to the very back of the ship and open the dividers if we're going to feel like we have a whole "deck" to ourselves. :)

You will get a nice sized balcony at the aft when you open the dividers. The cabins themselves are the same size as balconies on the side. We prefer deck 7 because that deck is between decks with only cabins so it is quieter. The balconies you have are cheaper because they are 8A cabins and the ones in the aft are 8G. You do not get any spray on deck 6. You're still a long way above the water. I'm not sure of the actual square footage but it looks like with the divider open between the aft cabins the balcony might be about the same size as one of the ones you already have. We like the actual aft cabins the best but the ones you have should be cheaper. Either one you choose will be great. We're on the Dream on February 13.

Archived