Tours that go to Voltarre?

I've never actually been there, but we used Rome in Limo (http://www.romeinlimo.com) for our private tour out of Livorno and they were amazing and completely customizable so I'm sure they'd be happy to work out the arrangements for you. If you go on your ship's roll call, you may even be able to get others to join you which lowers the per person cost. We did the usual Pisa/Tuscany/Florence thing and had a marvelous experience. Even though their name has "Rome" in it, they offer tours all over Italy and use local drivers from the region you are touring so you get an authentic experience and not just the touristy version everyone else seems to give. This was by far the easiest tour company I've ever worked with and I've used several...In that region and across the world and never found anyone as reliable, safe, or interesting. Enjoy!

Volterra is a wonderful town, and an excellent choice if you can get there. It is not nearly as overrun with tourists as many of the other Tuscan cities/towns and has lovely architecture, shops, churches and it sits on the top of a mountain.

Does anyone know of any tour/tour operator who goes from Livorno to Voltarre? Thanks!

We will go there in May. We have rent a car and will visit Volterra and San Gimigniano.

We will go there in May. We have rent a car and will visit Volterra and San Gimigniano.

Good choice. Volterra is a wonderful place .. perhaps partly because it is not all that easy to get there via public transportation. San Gimigniano would be wonderful if it were not packed with tourists .. it is really lovely in the evening (almost all visitors are day-trippers, so evenings are quiet) and the off-season.

Archived