Black Sea Quest Shore Excursions

jak4095

We are booked on the July 12th Azamara cruise to the Black Sea. In the past, my husband and I have done a combination of cruise-sponsored shore excursions and cab rentals by the day, depending on the city we were visiting.

On this cruise, we will be stopping at the following ports: Ephesus, Turkey; Chios, Greece; Istanbul, Turkey; Sinop, Turkey; Yalta, Ukraine; Sevastopol, Ukraine; Odessa, Ukraine; and Varna, Bulgaria. Can anyone recommend which shore excursions are worthwhile and which cities one can just as easily see on one's own?

Thanks.;)

Hi,

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Since you are new, you should scroll down to the "Ports of Call" section of this board and hit on Europe and then put each port in the search mode at the top of the page. There is so much info on that section of this board. People will have many suggestions for private tours for you. You should first check out the excursions on the Azamara board and see what you want to see. There is probably a roll call for your cruise under the Roll Call section. Hit on Azamara Rollcalls and check it out. On our June Journey cruise we are using a combination of private tours and ship's tours.

Sheila

jak4095- there is a roll call for this sailing. Come join us and see what excursions are being offered privately. We aren't a very talkative bunch it seems, but we are going none the less!!

Glad you are sailing with us. Log onto the roll calls for this cruise. A number of us have private tours booked in most of the ports, and we do have room for a few couples.

Let me know if you have any interest in tours in the Ukraine and the Amalfi Coast including a visit to Pompei

• 3 weeks later...
Glad you are sailing with us. Log onto the roll calls for this cruise. A number of us have private tours booked in most of the ports, and we do have room for a few couples.

Let me know if you have any interest in tours in the Ukraine and the Amalfi Coast including a visit to Pompei

I'm not sure that I'm getting through, but Ellen and I are interested in touring all but Pompeii, as we did that last year. David

We are booked on the July 12th Azamara cruise to the Black Sea. In the past, my husband and I have done a combination of cruise-sponsored shore excursions and cab rentals by the day, depending on the city we were visiting.

On this cruise, we will be stopping at the following ports: Ephesus, Turkey; Chios, Greece; Istanbul, Turkey; Sinop, Turkey; Yalta, Ukraine; Sevastopol, Ukraine; Odessa, Ukraine; and Varna, Bulgaria. Can anyone recommend which shore excursions are worthwhile and which cities one can just as easily see on one's own?

Thanks.;)

Hi Jak4095 !

Welcome to Cruise Critic, and the Azamara board !

As others have answered your questions, I wanted to give you the link to your Roll Call. It is the best place to meet with others on your Sailing. Just click on the link below. Enjoy your Cruise !

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=822668

We are booked on Azamara Quest Black Sea 12 July and would be interested in any privately booked tours, especially Ephesus, Turkey, Ukraine & Bulgaria. Any ideas?

Deck Swabber

Hi Deck Swabber !

Please click on this link, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=822668 to meet others on your Cruise. This would be your best source of information. Enjoy your Cruise !

Archived