Layover in Seatle

BACON227

My wife and I have about a 7.5 hour layover in Seatle while enroute to Fairbanks. I would love to use this time seeing a little bit of Seatle instead of sitting in the airport. Does anybody have any suggestions? Would love to visit the space needle and/or any other must sees. Are there any tour companies that offer tours with pick up at the airport? Do I have enough time to do something or will I be taking a chance? Are the sites nearby the airport??/

Thanks

Hmmmm........I understand not wanting to spend 7.5 hours at SeaTac but it might be a bit tricky getting to Seattle Center and back.

How about taking a cab to the Museum of Flight if that is something you are interested in? Here is website:

http://www.museumofflight.org/

Someone else might be able to recommend tour companies - I am not that familiar with any tours from the airport.

I disagree, you can easily take the city bus downtown, I have done it several times, with this many hours.

KEY, would be IF you indeed have the time you claim to?? If you have to claim bags, store them (if no interline agreement with 2 separately booked tickets, they won't take them more than 4 hours prior), then recheck, add, security time, big airport, and being assigned the farthest gate- you can easily have a couple less hours.

A cab is definately the best use of time, would run $35++++ each way.

I disagree, you can easily take the city bus downtown, I have done it several times, with this many hours.

KEY, would be IF you indeed have the time you claim to?? If you have to claim bags, store them (if no interline agreement with 2 separately booked tickets, they won't take them more than 4 hours prior), then recheck, add, security time, big airport, and being assigned the farthest gate- you can easily have a couple less hours.

A cab is definately the best use of time, would run $35++++ each way.

Since you are going in June, BQ's sage advice is still relevant/pertinent. After the light rail starts running in July there are going to be major bus line adjustments. The 174 and 194 will, eventually, be dropping the airport from their routes. There will be shuttle buses to and from Tukwila from the airport to catch the light rail. The target date for the extension of the light rail line into and out of the airport is December of this year.

Archived