Is an extended balcony on Pride worth the money

jhyla54

My family is booked on Prides Mexican Riviera cruise 6-12-05. We have 2 8a balcony cabins on the main deck. The cabin #'s are 4175 & 4177. We are wondering if it is worth it to go to an extended balcony cabin. Is it big to enough to fit the large lounge chairs to lay out in the sun. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Jim & Grace

I was on Spirit last January with a regular balcony. I had friends on board that had the extended balcony. You'd be surprised that the extra 2 feet would make such a difference, but it does. The regular balcony comes with a regular chair, table and a low chair that will recline (think beach chair) . They are just your basic walmart plastic stuff. The regular balcony is not wide enough to lay the reclining chair back and lay out unless you go sideways. I cant really remember if my friend's had any different chairs on their balcony, but it's wide enough to put two loungers and lay out.

Hope that helps.

My family is booked on Prides Mexican Riviera cruise 6-12-05. We have 2 8a balcony cabins on the main deck. The cabin #'s are 4175 & 4177. We are wondering if it is worth it to go to an extended balcony cabin. Is it big to enough to fit the large lounge chairs to lay out in the sun. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Jim & Grace

The balcony I love the best on the Pride is 8e cabin 6232 . It is a triple, 3 extended balcony's in one. We had this one in Sept.on the pride.

I can e-mail you a picture If you'd like.

cjar,

We had cabin 8232 on the Legend and I agree with you,the balconys are huge and these cabins are the best ones for the price.Any of these would be good.8232,7232,6232.Very large balconys for the price of a regular extended balcony.

Laura

These cabins only sleep 2 people so if you have 3 or more in your party check out the cabin next to it. XX 34

We have friends booked into this cabin on the Miracle.

I have E6232 on the Carninval Pride. I was told that this is a quad cabin and we were able to book it for DH and myself. I was told that there could be a possibility that we could be bumped. Hate for that to happen, if it did, I hope that it would be more of an upgrade. The cabins XX34 are handicapped, so if someone in that position needed that cabin, then you would definatley be bumped. I heard nothing but great reviews on these particular cabins because of the balcony, which is most important to us.

I have E6232 on the Carninval Pride. I was told that this is a quad cabin and we were able to book it for DH and myself. I was told that there could be a possibility that we could be bumped. Hate for that to happen, if it did, I hope that it would be more of an upgrade. The cabins XX34 are handicapped, so if someone in that position needed that cabin, then you would definatley be bumped. I heard nothing but great reviews on these particular cabins because of the balcony, which is most important to us.

cabin 6232 is definately a Quad. it has a bed that comes down from the ceiling,and the sofa that opens. It is Not a handicap room,so if you booked this room specificately you should not be bumped.

cabin 6232 is definately a Quad. it has a bed that comes down from the ceiling,and the sofa that opens. It is Not a handicap room,so if you booked this room specificately you should not be bumped.

That's what I thought, however, the PVP I booked with stated there is a slight possibility that if the ship is out of quads and someone needs to book one and they find out it's just two of us in a quad, they will bump us. That would be a bummer no doubt, however, if we were to be bumped it better be in a better category cabin.

Does anybody know if the Balconies on the Conquest Panorama deck are extended? Just one more thing to look forward too if that is so. I already have my spot picked out thanks to another CC'er.

they look like regular balconies to me.

Upon your recommendations, we just booked E6232! We only have almost a year to wait!

That's great! I'll post a review of our trip and cabin when we get back. We sail 5/15/05. Look at this way, you may have a year to wait, but just hanging around here on the boards will make your time go by that much faster and you'll have a lot of fun in the process.

Archived