Cabin Selection

Another question please!!

We have just aid a deposit on 2010 Cruise - we chose a cabin and asked travel agent to request it - do we need to do anymore - do we know in advance is we are allocated this cabin etc?

Thanks

Barbara

Thanks for the help - have been in touch with them and got the cabin sorted out.

Barbara

If you've paid the £35 cabin booking fee then that should be it - but you do have to pay, a request won't secure a particular cabin.

We have just booked on Celebration for next year through the Co-op travel agency.

I rang Thomson and discussed which cabins were the layout we preferred and which were available. I could then choose a cabin number but because we had booked through an agency I had to phone the Co-op and tell them which cabin, they then had to phone Thomson and put the official request in, and then phoned me back to confirm.

The Co-op then printed all the booking confirmation paperwork out again (with the £35 added) and posted this to us. :rolleyes:

What a palaver! I hope we like the cabin!! (700 on Deck 2, we wanted a parallel twin near the back lift).

Carol x

Yeah it all seems rather a whole story about not very much really.

However hopefully all is sorted and we can look forward to a great time.

Have you cruised with Thomson before

Regards,

Barbara

We have just booked on Celebration for next year through the Co-op travel agency.

I rang Thomson and discussed which cabins were the layout we preferred and which were available. I could then choose a cabin number but because we had booked through an agency I had to phone the Co-op and tell them which cabin, they then had to phone Thomson and put the official request in, and then phoned me back to confirm.

The Co-op then printed all the booking confirmation paperwork out again (with the £35 added) and posted this to us. :rolleyes:

What a palaver! I hope we like the cabin!! (700 on Deck 2, we wanted a parallel twin near the back lift).

Carol x

Yes, we were on the Destiny "Tropical Transatlantic" last December, along with my parents, mother-in-law and two friends. We all had a brilliant time and are keen to sail with Thomson again.

There are six of us booked for next June on Celebration on the "Ottoman Treasures" and "Aegean Discovery". (Mother-in-law at 82 has decided to give this one a miss...).

We have never been to this part of the world so are really looking forward to it.

Carol x

• 5 months later...
Yes, we were on the Destiny "Tropical Transatlantic" last December, along with my parents, mother-in-law and two friends. We all had a brilliant time and are keen to sail with Thomson again.

There are six of us booked for next June on Celebration on the "Ottoman Treasures" and "Aegean Discovery". (Mother-in-law at 82 has decided to give this one a miss...).

We have never been to this part of the world so are really looking forward to it.

Carol x

I am also doing the "Ottoman Treasures" and "Aegean Discovery" in June next year with my Dad who will be 88 and he loves going on cruises.

I am also doing the "Ottoman Treasures" and "Aegean Discovery" in June next year with my Dad who will be 88 and he loves going on cruises.

Hi Rivierabelle + Carol

We are also doing this cruise same weeks as Rivierabelle.

What date do you go Carol.

We were on the Celebration this year and loved it.:) The only complaint we had though was we only had a week.:rolleyes: Wished we had booked for the two. Had a great time.

Mary

We go 7th - 21st June. Me, Paul, friends Bev and Dave, and my mum and dad Margaret and Reg. We all have all-inclusive so are looking forward to the lovely cocktails. We fly from Birmingham.

We are all on P&O Ventura for Christmas in the Caribbean in eight weeks time so are currently reading up on all the excursions for that!

I'm glad your dad has booked Rivierabelle, we were a bit disappointed that Paul's mum said no. She had a friend with her when I phoned to ask who came out with the "you'll be a year older by then don't forget" line and I think it put her off.

Still, we are all really looking forward to it all, the reviews of Celebration sound good and Greece and Turkey are all new to us.

Carol x

• 2 months later...

Hi Mary & Carol

Had a great time in the Red Sea on the Celebration at Christmas, as someone else said - once you got use to the vibrations - it was great.

Doing some searching for Christmas 2010 now to do the "Cuban Adventure" on the Thomson Dream, I really fancy this one

In the mean time roll on May 31st !!!!

Jenny

Carol x

Hi Carol and all,

when we booked our Thomson cruises the T.A. sorted out the cabin at the time we were in there booking it. That's how it should be done if they got their act together.

Berwyn

Yes, I don't know why we didn't book it there and then at the time. Last week I went to the Co-op again and booked Destiny for New Year (fly out 26th December) and she phoned Thomson while I was there and booked the cabin so we're all sorted. It's £39 to choose your cabin now. It would have been £230 each for Premium seating (to the Caribbean) so we gave that a miss.

Carol x

Hi Mary & Carol

Had a great time in the Red Sea on the Celebration at Christmas, as someone else said - once you got use to the vibrations - it was great.

Doing some searching for Christmas 2010 now to do the "Cuban Adventure" on the Thomson Dream, I really fancy this one

In the mean time roll on May 31st !!!!

Jenny

Hi Jenny

Where are you flying out from? See you have been on the Celebration before too. We were on last May and loved it so I agree roll on 31st May.:):)

Mary

Yes, I don't know why we didn't book it there and then at the time. Last week I went to the Co-op again and booked Destiny for New Year (fly out 26th December) and she phoned Thomson while I was there and booked the cabin so we're all sorted. It's £39 to choose your cabin now. It would have been £230 each for Premium seating (to the Caribbean) so we gave that a miss.

Carol x

Hi all,

It's handy to be in there when he books your cabin in case your 1st choice isn't available so you can pick another.

Berwyn

Archived