1st Conquest~ Next Sensation???

QTPieRye

To me a vacation is what we make of it. I was even optimistic when I cruised the week immediately following Hurricane Ivan on the Conquest and had the time of my life. I was so impressed with the Conquest. I loved every inch of that ship. On our girls only cruise, we had balcony rooms side by side on the Empress deck. Breathtaking views and lots of room!

I am now looking at Cruising on the Sensation with my DH and 3 children. Having gone "first class" on the Conquest, I can't decide what to book for this cruise.

Here are my options:

1. Sensation- Book all 5 of us in an inside cabin- in reality time spent in cabin is a very minimum. I can get this for $1350 (taxes and port fees included)

2. Sensation- Book all 5 in an ocean view cabin for approximately $1800

3. Sensation- Book all 5 in a Suite, Category 11 on the Upper deck for $2480

OR

4. Conquest- Book 2 side by side cabins for approx $2500

What would you do? Any advice is appreciated.

Those are pretty significant price increases between classes. I stayed in my first inside cabin on our recent Sensation cruise. It really was not bad at all and we ended up being delayed by three extra days. So we spent 8 nights in an inside cabin. I would save the money and book an inside cabin. That way you'll have plenty of spending money!

If I were going with kids and could afford the extra cost I would go with two cabins side by side (the Conquest option, although you could probably do that on the Sensation as well)- that way you can have some privacy but keep the kids nearby.

Sensation Feb 2002

Conquest Feb 2003

Elation Sept 2003

Destiny May 2004

Elation Jan 2005!!

Having done both ships, I would book inside on the Sensation. Had a balcony on the Conquest and loved it but realized that the time spent on it was minimal. Booked OV on the Sensation and it's sister ship Inspiration but would opt for an inside on any ship. Can't beat it for the $$$!

Of the options you listed, I would definitely choose the $1800 OV for 5. I think, since you'll all be in there together, the kids would at least be able to 'look' outside instead of at walls and each other.:D

Did you look into the two-cabin option on Sensation?

Thanks for everyone's advice. I am going to check again with my TA, but I thought she told me there were not any connecting cabins on the Sensation and very few on the Conquest. When I say side by side, I actually meant connecting rooms on the Conquest. That way, the door is always open between the cabins, except when we want it closed :)

Beings that I like taking several cruises...I would do the 5 to an inside cabin. We did 5 inside cabin on the Sensation and it was very do-able. Like you said-- we were not in the cabin that often--only to sleep. My older kids went to the gym for showers. ( showers in the gym have 6 shower heads spraying you from every direction- they loved it)

I am not seeing any inside connecting cabins that will serve your needs. But there are lots of connecting cabins that will fit 5 people in ocean views. (you will need one cabin for 2 and the other for 3) Alll connecting cabins on the inside only fit 2 in one and 2 in the other.

I just got a quote for the Sensation for 2 inside cabins side by side for $1650 for the 5 of us :) This includes port fees and taxes :) Although I would like connecting cabins.... the side by side would be just fine. I am going to have her price the 2 connecting OV and see what she comes up with.

After weighing all of our options. We've gone ahead and booked 1-OV and 1 IS (directly across the hall). Total cost ended up being $1880.00 for the two rooms.

I found it interesting that our TA was able to book the kids by themselves in the inside and my DH and I in the OV. I thought one adult had to be listed in the room. This works out great for us. More than likely I will end up sleeping in the inside cabin with the girls and my DH will have the Ov with our son. I can't imagine my kids alone in the room. NO WAY. They will be 13, 10 and 9.... AKA t-r-o-u-b-l-e

Archived