Can't believe it!!

voyagerx

A very small portion of people that cruise also post on Cruise Critic. I may just be that there aren't any gay Cruise Critic members on your cruise, or they have not started looking here since teh cruise is still a few months away.

This is becoming a more and more common question. I think maybe we need a sticky. Here is my usual response:

On many cruises, the Cruise Critic parties draw from 25-50 people, some are bigger and some are smaller. Now, most ships these days hold from 1000-3000 people. So the percentage of people on a cruise who use CC is VERY SMALL. Now, remember that the gay portion of the board is even smaller. So the chances that there are other gay people on your specific cruise who ALSO use CC is pretty darn small. This does NOT mean that there will be no other gay people on your cruise, it just means none of them are using CC.

I have heard good things about Princess and their FOD policies. I'm sure there will be FOD events on board. Go to them and you will get to meet the other folks...and maybe tell them about CC! I didn't learn about it until right after my first cruise. They have to find out somehow!

I have heard good things about Princess and their FOD policies. I'm sure there will be FOD events on board. Go to them and you will get to meet the other folks...and maybe tell them about CC!

Absolutely. Of the three lines I've sailed, Princess was the best re: GLBT folks.

There will most assuredly be some family on board ... we love Princess (see below, obviously). But trying to find gay folk on your ship, on Cruise Critic, on your sailing date ... the odds are not with you. I figured we'd have some responses to our August sailing on the Ruby to the Mediterranean ... so far ... nada. But it's still a very gay-friendly line, and since the Caribbean has just been refurbished, you should have a great time. Be sure to book the Sanctuary for the week. We did it on the Emerald and will never go back to the "common" areas. ;)

While I've only been on two cruises; I've met gay people and gay friendly people on both occassions - none of which were familiar with or actively used CC - so not to worry, you'll undoubtably meet others. Just be yourself; be friendly and take the initiative to say hello. Mostly though - just have fun and enjoy yourself - gay or not, cruises tend to be very social and you'll meet some great new friends.

Doug

You are not looking in the right place! Come over to the roll call...there are two lesbian couples on the roll call right now!! I should know I am half of one of the couples..:D

Post on our roll call..we have two meet and greets planned.

-Heather

• 2 weeks later...

I know that most cruisers (pun intended) do not parse CC, though, I did think that, the cruise being out of NYC, the gay passengers might be more aware of the website. I will check out the Roll Call Section. I usually check that section out for our longer cruises for information re non ship excursions etc. Will do so now for the Princess cruise in August.

Archived