Why does Carnival need to know all that information??

Kitty34

Yea, I'm having the same problem.

I'm leaving from Philadelphia. Going to Las Vagas for two days for my Son's wedding. Then to fly to LAX and go to Long Beach to stay at the Queen Mary Hotel. Then board the Paradise.

I asked my PVP what to do and he said I have to call the "Fun Pass" phone number. 1-866-236-6670

I guess they want the information to figure out if the have to "Wait" for you to board.

And to know if they have to let you off first because of an early flight.

PS; also the TSA wants to know your every move.

I thought the FUN PASS only asked for your flight/travel information for AFTER the cruise. I haven't seen anything for before the cruise.

They need to know what flight you're taking after so that they can ensure that those with early flights get off first - of course if I had an early flight I would still let them know at the purser desk.

I can understand the flight information so you can get off the ship in time but they're asking me for flight numbers, layovers, etc??

Do they make all the necessary changes if by chance you miss the flight due to their circumstances?

We're renting a car and going to the keys, post cruise, but haven't made car rental reservations yet. I can't finish logging in on the fun pass until the car rental reservations are secured. I'm having trouble with rental because I type in Miami port as pick up and the airport as drop off, 3 days later. And I keep getting the message "no one way rentals allowed. This is through Dollar. I E-Mailed Dollar and they said " Type in Miami Port as pick up" , which I did, and they say you then call this number when you get off the boat and a shuttle will pick you up at the port and take you to the airport to pick up the car. However I can't make a reservation online because they say a one way is not allowed. We're picking up on the 22nd and dropping off the 25th. Frustrating!!!!!!

Think I'll check out another car rental place. Any Idea's!!!

Thanks!

Actually, Homeland Security is responsible for all the questions on the Fun Pass. When the Fun Pass first started a while back I had a cruise scheduled. At that time the fun pass system was full of "bugs" & I tried for 6 days before I was ever able to complete it. I kept calling Carnival & they kept telling me that it was an interface problem with Homeland Security. You will encounter the same questions from the airlines before you board if you are flying to a foreign country. I vacationed in Mexico for a week last summer & had to fill out a similar form. IMHO, it's sad that we must keep our government informed of our overseas vacation plans but other posters on this board have said they are willing to give up some of their basic freedoms if it makes us safer. At any rate, it's the law, so we must abide by it.

afcruiser, I'm a Network Administrator so I do a lot by computer. But sometimes it's just better to talk to a live human being, especially when you can't get a company web site to process your request. Don't give up on the car rental company you'd rather use. If you're having trouble making your rental arrangements over their web site just call their 800 number and make them that way. Have a great cruise!

We're renting a car and going to the keys, post cruise, but haven't made car rental reservations yet. I can't finish logging in on the fun pass until the car rental reservations are secured. I'm having trouble with rental because I type in Miami port as pick up and the airport as drop off, 3 days later. And I keep getting the message "no one way rentals allowed. This is through Dollar. I E-Mailed Dollar and they said " Type in Miami Port as pick up" , which I did, and they say you then call this number when you get off the boat and a shuttle will pick you up at the port and take you to the airport to pick up the car. However I can't make a reservation online because they say a one way is not allowed. We're picking up on the 22nd and dropping off the 25th. Frustrating!!!!!!

Think I'll check out another car rental place. Any Idea's!!!

Thanks!

Try Avis.....use MIA in both places, not one way.....take the free shuttle to the airport to pick up the car and the drop off there on your return......

Afcruiser, I have used Dollar at Miami to get from fll to port. Was a good experience. Sounds like you need to plug in MIA in both places, even though you are taking the shuttle from the port to their car rental outfit near the airport. They dont actually have a drop off - pick up at the port itself. When I was making plans and had questions I emailed them. They responded very quickly, much faster than any other of the car rental agencies that I emailed. You might try that.

>>IMHO, it's sad that we must keep our government informed of our overseas vacation plans but other posters on this board have said they are willing to give up some of their basic freedoms if it makes us safer.<<

yep, and I am smart enough to put the blame for all this where it belongs, and thats on the cowardly pieces of dog s**t that planned and executed 9/11, as well as those that continue to do such things as beheadings, ect...

Actually, Homeland Security is responsible for all the questions on the Fun Pass. When the Fun Pass first started a while back I had a cruise scheduled. At that time the fun pass system was full of "bugs" & I tried for 6 days before I was ever able to complete it. I kept calling Carnival & they kept telling me that it was an interface problem with Homeland Security. You will encounter the same questions from the airlines before you board if you are flying to a foreign country. I vacationed in Mexico for a week last summer & had to fill out a similar form. IMHO, it's sad that we must keep our government informed of our overseas vacation plans but other posters on this board have said they are willing to give up some of their basic freedoms if it makes us safer. At any rate, it's the law, so we must abide by it.
I agree completely that this is the reason for all the questions and "information" necessary.

Used to be able to book passage the day of the cruise out of LA. But, a little over a year ago, when I tried to book the ELATION out of San Pedro at 10:00 am on the day it sails I was told it was no longer possible to do that because of the security requirements (I'm assuming they need a reasonable period of time to "act" on, or verify, passenger information).

Its all good folks. I know we give up some of our privacy and freedoms (our American and Canadian trademarks), but its exactly these freedoms, which we sometimes take for granted, that let our enemies operate openly with such impunity. :( I fear for my children that this battle is going to go on for decades and we must give our governments the necessary tools to eliminate this scum from our homelands.

Sorry, I get carried away. I hate these basturds. :mad:

It's all part of "homeland security"- to track possible terrorist activities.

Also just in case something would happen to the ship (some BIG disaster) they could in theory contact where ever you were planning on staying, etc.

Well let's see, they have your name, address, passport number and/or birth certificate number and/or drivers licence number, a credit card number, dates when you'll be out of the country, date of birth, phone numbers, they have a picture of you on file once you board...

Knowing your flights home are a non-issue in comparison. The flight times home help them with scheduling buses at the port and airport.

Well let's see, they have your name, address, passport number and/or birth certificate number and/or drivers licence number, a credit card number, dates when you'll be out of the country, date of birth, phone numbers, they have a picture of you on file once you board...

Knowing your flights home are a non-issue in comparison. The flight times home help them with scheduling buses at the port and airport.

Well, let's see. I don't recall ever giving a passport number or birth certificate number or driver's license number on any FUN PASS. Until I become a passenger they don't even know my credit card number ( I purchase my passage with an online company). For first time cruisers they don't have a pic yet, either.

I would, however, agree, that once you've been a passenger of Carnival, they should have a butt load of information on you that Carnival could pass on to Homeland Security and maybe facilitate purchasing passage at a date closer to sailing ( I love to cruise the last minute, even the day of the cruise if I can see a "window" when I can be away for a week). :)

I wonder how much scrutiny you would get if you DIDN'T HAVE A FLIGHT TIME HOME BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T HAVE A FLIGHT SCHEDULED TO GO HOME. Or if the schedule you presented didn't have you on the manifest ? ? ? (hopefully, we've learned something from one way air tickets on 9/11).

Archived