Childrens' age to pay excursions

cocos

In Holland's website it marks one price for adults and for children for ports' excursions. I have a 9 months old baby, do you know if she has to pay anything? My other children has 6 and 4 years old.

It will usually tell you in the description of the tour, or somewhere in the intro to the tours. Often, it will be like the airlines. If your child( 2 and under) sits on your lap, you don't pay for her/him. EM

I found the description of the tour but I doesn't mention it.

I had an experience years ago with Royal Caribbean when I paid for my then 1 and half son but being at the cruise we noticed we hadn't to pay for him and we got that money returned. Now I don't want to pay erroneously.

Cocos, children will pay less than adults for most excursions (about 2/3 price of an adult). I think you are going to Alaska, and shore excursions there can be quite expensive. I'm assuming you are already booked with HAL and have a booking number. If you wish to know a specific price for a shore excursion, you need to go to "for booked guests" on HAL's website. Click on "book excursions", then enter your booking number and last name. It will show your complete itinerary and shore excursions, with specific prices for adults and children. You can also book for several cabins at a time, but it's a somewhat slow process on HAL's website. I'm not sure where you are located; you can also call the shore excursion desk at 1-888-425-9376. If you are outside the U.S., the number might be different.

To clarify at what age kiddos are charged for shore excurtions, suggest you go right to the horse's mouth and contact HAL's Shore Excursion Department at 888-425-9376.

Oooops, just noticed the phone number in the previous post. Sorry for dupe ... but I do believe you should call to get correct info.

I was looking for this info also as we are taking the family and there is a oneyear old and an almost one year old. I could not find the info on line. We sail on Sunday so I will just get the info on the ship, too late to book any excursions now.

We have had quite a bit of experience with this as we have done 4 HAL cruises with a under 2 year old. Generally the tour bus type excursions where you can hold the child in your lap have no charge for an under 2yr old. Excursions that are capacity controlled or go to places that have an entry fee usually have a reduced child rate. Our experience has been that pretty much nobody knows if there is a child rate for a tour until you get on the ship - this makes pre-booking tours online difficult. On our Noordam cruise back in Feb. even the shore excursions desk onboard didn't know if there would be a charge for a particular tour we wanted to do in St. Thomas. She had to email the tour operator to find out and then get back to us. Kind of frustrating, but I am glad they are willing to check and try to get a child rate or even no charge rather than just assuming the child will be full price.

Normally I would suggest just booking the tours for the adults and then finding out about the child rate onboard and booking that ticket separately, but HAL requires you to pay upfront for your tour pre-bookings and will only refund you onboard with shipboard credit so this probably wouldn't be a good option.

Normally I would suggest just booking the tours for the adults and then finding out about the child rate onboard and booking that ticket separately, but HAL requires you to pay upfront for your tour pre-bookings and will only refund you onboard with shipboard credit so this probably wouldn't be a good option.

If you book online and cancel before the magic deadline, something like 5 or 10 days before sailing, HAL will credit the card used to purchase the excursions. I believe the OBC, less a 10% fee, applies to tours cancelled after the deadline or once onboard.

Archived