dining dilema

kathi316

Due to all the Mexico changes I ended up doing a last minute swap. Unfortunately, it was confirmed before I realized I lost my dining time. Now we are stuck with late seating. DD 5 and DS 9 were really looking forward to eating in the dining room, so skipping and heading to the buffet or CC dinners are not the right options for us. Any other suggestions as to holding them over until 8? Tips on getting bumped to early on the waitlist?

Always the optimist, I would like to think that upon arrival on the ship if you head directly to the MDR and discuss the situation, you should be able to get into the earlier sitting. It is a reasonable request with circumstances not entirely in your control that caused it.

Good luck!

I have the same issue here, we are "waitlisted for 6pm" on Carnival. :(

So this is my plan

--Once onboard, go directly to dining room manager, beg for early seating, have the kids stare longingly into the dining room ;) lol

--If request is denied - have 3 options

---Feed the kids a snack in the Lido around 5pm, then hold them over for dinner in the MDR till 8pm

---Take the kids to dinner in the buffet, then drop them off at the kids club while I go to dinner alone at 8pm

---Drop the kids off for the camp dinners early, then I dine alone at the MDR at 8pm

I am hoping they move my seating to main. It will be the first time we haven't had main seating and I don't want to eat without the kids.

Good luck to you as well!

Carnival's new program is waitlisting everyone since they are implimenting anytime dining fleetwide this year. You wont know which dining you get until you check-in. So it doesnt mean you didnt get early seating since everyone's documents say waitlisted regardless of preference.

Archived