Atlantis Sub choose which?

shipsealand

Decided to post this on the Barbadoes site as well. I did get great replies for the Barbadoes location and thanks again.

My DW and I did the Atlantis Submarine in Hawaii and enjoyed it. We are planning on either doing the Barbadoes or St Thomas one for the Caribbean next week.

Has anyone done the Atlantis Submarine in Barbados and/or St Thomas and any recommendations? Also how is the ride to the location to board the sub?

I also heard that the one in St Thomas will be ending this month so how will that affect which one?

Decided to post this on the Barbadoes site as well. I did get great replies for the Barbadoes location and thanks again.

My DW and I did the Atlantis Submarine in Hawaii and enjoyed it. We are planning on either doing the Barbadoes or St Thomas one for the Caribbean next week.

Has anyone done the Atlantis Submarine in Barbados and/or St Thomas and any recommendations? Also how is the ride to the location to board the sub?

I also heard that the one in St Thomas will be ending this month so how will that affect which one?

I've done the on in Barbados and it was great!!.

The ride out to the sub is about 15 minutes...very smooth.

There is a thread on here with some pics but I am sure aplmac has them at his disposal and will come and post those pics shortly.

Any other specific questions you have, please feel free to ask

I've done the on in Barbados and it was great!!.

The ride out to the sub is about 15 minutes...very smooth.

There is a thread on here with some pics but I am sure aplmac has them at his disposal and will come and post those pics shortly.

Any other specific questions you have, please feel free to ask

I've heard the Atlantis on St Thomas is stopping sub tours end of the month. Do you know if there if the one on Barbados will continue to operate? One member of our group wants to do the sub tour - he may cancel if it is no longer offered. We will be there in Nov.

I've heard the Atlantis on St Thomas is stopping sub tours end of the month. Do you know if there if the one on Barbados will continue to operate? One member of our group wants to do the sub tour - he may cancel if it is no longer offered. We will be there in Nov.

Yup...Barbados still continues to operate and as far as I know they have no plans of shutting down. November is still a ways off so just have your friend check periodically.

If anything changes you can rest assured Aplmac or myself will keep you updated.

Hi all,

My DW and I have returned last week from the Caribbean Princess which inlc the sub excursion. The Ride to the sub was smooth. There was some small motions while the boat shuttle was waiting to unload the prior group and then load our group into the sub. The sub was on the surface and we began to feel more sea action but not too bad. I calmed by DW by letting her know that it will be smooth once the sub gets below the surface. The underwater views very great. We surfaced and getting off from sub to shuttle was OK.

But then when the group next to go on the sub was trying to do so the seas got rocky and the crew had to hold off loading the new group til things got less rocky. Unfortunately that was when DW got sea sick but the crew was very helpful towards her. We got back on dry land and then stayed there for 1/2 hour to further calm down before getting back on the CB. While waiting we did window shopping in the shops we found a good cure for DW - a pair of diamond ear rings at a great price ;)

Archived