Prices are going up everyday?

sophiethd

Is it just me or are the prices slowly going up everyday ? I'm starting to panic now cause I was suppose to book a month ago and it was pushed back due to some family illness. By experience does anyone know if the prices will go down again during summer months ? :(

Is it just me or are the prices slowly going up everyday ? I'm starting to panic now cause I was suppose to book a month ago and it was pushed back due to some family illness. By experience does anyone know if the prices will go down again during summer months ? :(

depends on when you are planning on cruising. If it is this summer, prices will generally go up at about this time as the ships start to fill. If you are looking at say Sept. Aug. Oct., they will probably, remember...probably.... go down starting in July as it is hurricane season,

it all depends on when and where you are cruising to and if the ship is selling out.

By experience does anyone know if the prices will go down again during summer months ? :(
Maybe, maybe not.

As the PP noted, the time of year of the sailing is a general indicator of pricing. Historically, we have personally found early November, early December and early January yield the best prices. YMMV.

My only cruise that dropped in price was my Christmas Fascination cruise. It was booked in August and dropped significantly over the following months. Of course, that is when the economy bombed as well. Other then that, all my cruises have gone up in price. My Dream cruise in February is up about $100 pp and it is still 9 months away. If I see a price I am comfortable with then I book it. If it goes down then that is nice, but I never expect it to.

I just booked one for the 22nd and got the deal of a lifetime due to iten. changes.

Aug. I also got a great deal because I booked Elation and then they did the Iten change there, so went from a 4 day to a 5 day. So my rate is much lower than what they are charging for that now.

Nov. Price has stayed the same since booking

Dec. (over New Years) Got a great deal and the price has dropped $60 since booking. Booked in Jan., price dropped in Feb. Nothing since. It has stayed the same.

I am neurotic about price checking I do it atleast three times a day. As soon as I get up, sometime during the day and in the evenings. I need a life LOL!!;)

The prices are a function of demand.

If the sailing you're interested in is very popular the price will continue to rise.

That's why I book early. Normally the prices are good early on and, in most cases, if the price drops I can get OBC of money back.

:)

The price dropped on the Splendor. We just got credit yesterday for $ 80.

We wanted to book the week of August 23rd...but at the time of booking, it was a little pricey. So we opted for the following week, which is August 30th.

Now...the week of 23rd is the same price as the week of August 30th. The sales end today...2 free upgrade and $ 240 OBC.

I am also watching the prices. I have a trip booked in Oct. The price is ok but would love OBC from a price drop. I hope the July timeframe is correct like the PP mentioned.

I haven't cruised in 10 years so I don't know what the pricing trends are. If I want to cruise in mid to late January from Mobile or New Orleans what are the prices usually like at that time of year? I'm debating on booking now or waiting until Oct. or Nov. Does someone care to tell me what kind of deal the got when they sailed this past January?

Archived