Corfu Santorini Rental Jeep and Motorbike

Google is your friend here: just google 'motorbike hire santorini' (or whatever) and you'll get loads of responses.

But: be very, very careful. There's a sad history of people having serious accidents with hire vehicles (esp. motor bikes & scooters) in Greece and the greek islands. Most people won't have problems, of course, but some do. Will your travel insurance cover you if something happens? Don't automatically assume it will - check the small print.

Google is your friend here: just google 'motorbike hire santorini' (or whatever) and you'll get loads of responses.

But: be very, very careful. There's a sad history of people having serious accidents with hire vehicles (esp. motor bikes & scooters) in Greece and the greek islands. Most people won't have problems, of course, but some do. Will your travel insurance cover you if something happens? Don't automatically assume it will - check the small print.

Thanks for that. Will certainly check insurance policy! I did Google and there are quite a few , I just wanted a recomendation if you have one?

Cheers

Our friends always hire a quad bike when we stay in Santorini, and find most places charge about the same price (they ride pillion on one). European law is to wear a crash helmet-you will see many of the locals without- but you need it for insurance and simple safety! It's probably slighter cheaper to hire on the other side of the island, but you'll most likely be in Fira.-jocap.

Our friends always hire a quad bike when we stay in Santorini, and find most places charge about the same price (they ride pillion on one). European law is to wear a crash helmet-you will see many of the locals without- but you need it for insurance and simple safety! It's probably slighter cheaper to hire on the other side of the island, but you'll most likely be in Fira.-jocap.

Thanks for that. Sounds fun!Do you know the name of the rental firm they use?

They're EVERYWHERE! At the corner of every street, it always seems to us-with the prices written LARGE. If you're docking at Fira you'll need to make your way 2 roads back from the cliff, as that's pedestrianised-not that the quaddies care about that!The main road runs parallel to the cliff. If you're coming in to the ferry port, there's every kind of hire there, because it's where the backpackers land and people tout for cheap rooms and hostels etc. Enjoy!-jocap.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not having much luck pre-booking a rental jeep in Corfu and motor bike in Santorini. Those places I contacted either have no availability or want my credit card! I am not too keen to give out my credit card to some small rental agency that could be gone tomorrow. Can someone please give me the name of reputable firms that I can contact and pre- book. At least, if I must give out credit card details it will be somewhere that has been recommended and this would make me feel better. :(

Archived