Question about driving to Long Beach Terminal

I am driving from Colorado to Long Beach for a cruise leaving Monday, May 18. (The rate was just too good to pass up.) It will be a 2 day driving trip.

OK, that's the background. Now here's the question. If I drive only as far as Las Vegas the first day, how long will it take me if I start out from Las Vegas first thing in the morning Monday to make it to the pier? I don't have a problem with LA traffic, but I don't know how much time to allow.

Or should I play it safe and drive longer the first day to get closer and have a shorter drive the second day?

Also, if you were making this drive, what major highways would you take?

Thanks. I appreciate all help.

Its about a 5 hour drive from Vegas...although I've known people to do it in 3. Stay at Buffalo Bills or Primm in Stateline which will save you the morning traffic in the Vegas area. From the 15 take the 210 all the way to the 605, then south on 605 to the 91 west then the 710 south to the cruise terminal.

Sandy

The only real issue is if you start really early you may run into morning Los Angeles area rush-hour traffic. The worst time in the morning for traffic is the 7 to 9:30 or so time slot. Sometimes traffic can really crawl at rush hour.

So just be aware of that.

Archived