~OFFICIAL~ "SPIRIT"ing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun! * May 11, 2010*~

anamanxs

We lived off base in Spring lake. We took the kids there about 13 years ago or so. We wanted them to get a feel of where we were stationed. The base was still open then. Its not now. It changed alot since we were there.

The pictures that Live put up were great. I read the menu's and said "OMG Crab Legs" LOL Dan thought I was crazy.

My husband's in the Army, and I'm sure he'll take you up on that free drink ;). He was deployed to Iraq, and that's why we couldn't take our first cruise. He was supposed to ETS in January, but he got stop-lossed for another deployment, so that's why we had to cancel this year's cruise. Fortunately, due to medical conditions he wasn't able to deploy. Our new ETS date is August 2010, but there's about a 95% chance he'll be getting discharged (honorable, of course) within the next few months because of his medical problems. I guess there's always a chance this one won't work out either, but there's always 2011.

We're stuck here in Fort Bliss, El Paso (also known as Hell Paso). Not to offend any desert dwellers out there, but this climate is NOT for me. Both DH and I are from south central Pennsylvania, and can't wait to get home are see some trees!

I'll definitely cruise around the website and check things out. Not tonight though, it's bedtime. Good night all.

Good Morning all,

I do hear you Chick, I hope his medical condition is not too serious. I think I can speak for all when I say THANKS again to your DH. I am a couple of years older than some of us and remember the conflict just for a better word. My ex was AF, my son was born in New Mexico, sort the same as El Paso. But, I was from Miami back then, so not used to desert either...but then we went to Arizona, even more of a desert. We never lived in Texas but we did drive all the way to Lubbock for a whopper. The things you want when you are preggers.

Well off to my son in laws Art show. A once a year sidewalk thing the art community does around here. They will have several blocks of art displays from artist/ Not craft stuff but art media of some form. They close the downtown area off and put up wire display in the roads. He is a graffiti type art. Probably the only one in this area, more CA type art, then our little southern town. He did well last year, he has been doing it about 7 years now. Getting to where some Art people buy his work, and a few others come back each year to see it. Sorry about writing a book this morning!

Cheri, her pictures are wonderful, I was thinking "Ketchitan" was not that much there but after seeing her pic...Wow; I WANT TO GO NOW!

OK, Annette, I’ve been working this morning.:D I have at least one more cabin booked and possibly two booked. It looks as though my sister-in-law (Dottie) and her cousin (Penny) will be traveling with us.

She’s calling Johna on Monday :)

My other sister-in-law and her husband might be going as well. Just waiting to here from them.

Hey, I read your post on the other thread about using your middle name on everything. That’s describes me to the tee. Back a few years ago nobody seemed to care but after 9-11 it has been you know what on me.

Check out the Seattle thread in our groupfolders . Chick just found a great rate at a hotel. I booked a suite (cheaper than 2 rooms) for under 150 a night. Only 2 suites left if anyone has family going and can share a suite. Single rooms are under $100 right now.

RV - that is GREAT! We look forward to having them. I think we are going to have a GREAT GROUP!

Only 9 days left to get the Reduced DEPOSIT of $25.00. Hurry...Don't be left out on this special offer! We would love to have you join us!

OFFICIAL ~ SPIRITing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun

on

May 11, 2010. ~ OFFICIAL

Special $25.00 Deposit for a limited time. Join US!

This is the first R/T for the Spirit out of Seattle ~

Join us for this special event!

CRUISE INTINERARY

Tue Seattle, Washington 4:00 pm

Wed At Sea

Thu Cruise Tracy Arm

Fri Skagway, Alaska 7:00 am - 9:00 pm

Sat Juneau, Alaska 7:00 am - 3:00 pm

Sun Ketchikan, Alaska 7:00 am - 1:00 pm

Mon Victoria, British Columbia 7:30 pm -11:59 pm

Tue Seattle, Washington 7:00 am

Deposit Info

A reduced deposit is available for double occupancy $25 per person, guarantee cabins until June 9, 2009 - (I will be requesting an extension) The full per person deposit of $350 is required for all singles, triples, quads, suite and ocean view staterooms. The second deposit of $325 per person is due November 13, 2009 for those who book at the reduced deposit. The final payment for the group is due January 22, 2010. There is a $50 cancellation penalty per cabin.

*Your Cruise Critic Group Cruise Includes:

$100 per cabin on board credit

Champagne and Chocolates

Cruise Critic Lanyards or similar(One per person)

Cruise Critic Magnets or similar (One per stateroom)

15% Discount on all other Cruise Critic Logowear

All Port Charges, Taxes, and Fees

Please let us know if you want to join our awesome goofy group!

IM000347.jpg

Can you imagine waking up to that! JOIN US!

Contact Annette for pricing or any questions. Member Cruise Info or Member Cruise Folder

Cheri, I can not believe that. You can always just do the cruise critic one like I did. I will post the link - I thought I had it on my computer but can't find it right now. It really does help you to find our door. You told us a week or so ago -- you were being crafty!

I don't think I can wait until next year. I have looked at the pictures 3 times today. Everytime I think I know what I want to do and I see more pictures, The Tram is something else but I don't know that I can do the height!

Today I was at the Art show and many of the pictures online are more beautiful than what I saw at the Art Show. This is my son-in-law art display and my grandson. Not a proud Nana or anything!

I can't wait to take pictures of our cruise.

1312691042_ArtShow-09-2.jpg.e882c58e6b6fec8d4f062dcb9c848ee1.jpg

I loved the new pictures Annette! I had to get Dan a bib to catch the drool over the salmon pictures. I don't like fish so it didn't make me drool.

I don't like fish either, but those pic almost made me want to try it!

Does anyone know the answer to this question.

We were on the Glory in December. They didn't have the Gala Buffet. It was said it was gone many months. I am reading a cruise review of the Glory. They have wonderful pictures and I am now on the Gala Buffet. Did they bring it back? I was disappointed because I wanted pictures.

Off to bed. Been a long, but fun day :D

Good Morning.

I have pictures from one in the Pride on 2002. We were on another cruise line that had a choclate (sp) buffet. The Pride had just a Mexician one, we did not go. Jenni, did you go? We will have to ask one of the people who went on the SPIRIT this year what they had.

996807467_GalaBuffet.jpg.c9f25bd4cdbe4e363cd5ab40ae3b09d3.jpg

1205268341_FoodFlower.jpg.b1de03f00ae5c387ca8dab619f6d3c71.jpg

1573672706_Icecarving.jpg.c71d1a114b998ef8df10a9159c32ec96.jpg

OK. We had the chocolate and Mexican buffet on Glory in December. The Gala is the one I wanted to see after seeing so many pictures of it. They said it was gone many months because it was costly. When I saw the pictures last night in a review, I was surprised to see it back.

I just finished reading the rest of the review. Sub Man said it was from August 2008. Glad I am not crazy now :p

After seeing these Alaska pictures, makes me want to go look at excursions again. I am so undecided on what we want to do. I think I want to do something then I see pictures of something else. :confused:

OFFICIAL ~ SPIRITing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun

on

May 11, 2010. ~ OFFICIAL

Special $25.00 Deposit for a limited time. Join US!

This is the first R/T for the Spirit out of Seattle ~

Join us for this special event!

CRUISE INTINERARY

Tue Seattle, Washington 4:00 pm

Wed At Sea

Thu Cruise Tracy Arm

Fri Skagway, Alaska 7:00 am - 9:00 pm

Sat Juneau, Alaska 7:00 am - 3:00 pm

Sun Ketchikan, Alaska 7:00 am - 1:00 pm

Mon Victoria, British Columbia 7:30 pm -11:59 pm

Tue Seattle, Washington 7:00 am

Deposit Info

A reduced deposit is available for double occupancy $25 per person, guarantee cabins until June 9, 2009. The full per person deposit of $350 is required for all singles, triples, quads, suite and ocean view staterooms. The second deposit of $325 per person is due November 13, 2009 for those who book at the reduced deposit. The final payment for the group is due January 22, 2010. There is a $50 cancellation penalty per cabin.

*Your Cruise Critic Group Cruise Includes:

$100 per cabin on board credit

Champagne and Chocolates

Cruise Critic Lanyards or similar(One per person)

Cruise Critic Magnets or similar (One per stateroom)

15% Discount on all other Cruise Critic Logowear

All Port Charges, Taxes, and Fees

Please let us know if you want to join our awesome goofy group!

IM000347.jpg

Can you imagine waking up to that! JOIN US!

Contact Annette for pricing or any questions. Member Cruise Info or Member Cruise Folder

Don't get left out in the COLD on this SPECIAL Deal! Last week to get reduced deposit!

Can I be a step-cruiser too??? I haven't booked this cruise but my husband and I are booked on the one two weeks later on the 25th. This will be during our 10 year anniversary. I have no one on my thread to talk to. I'm so lonely.

I have lots to offer. ;) This will be my second Alaska trip on the Spirit. We did the Northbound cruise two years ago.

If you'll adopt me until I get my own cruise mates I'll share my pictures of the last cruise with you. I can also answer lots of questions.:D

Archived