~OFFICIAL~ "SPIRIT"ing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun! * May 11, 2010*~

anamanxs

I thought the train was round trip?

Wow, Kathi...I feel the old age thing too! Mine hands tingle a lot, carple tunnel!

Kim, that's OK, you guys are GREAT! :D You are our morning greeter!

Kathi, they have one way train rides too, then there are tours guide that will pick you up in Frazier. My grandson is so into the trains he has to ride "Thomas". I don't know how long he will sit still and we still want to see Emerald Lake and all that stuff, so we are trying to find something that does both. Looking into that now, comparing prices, etc.

Better get to work it is that time again....USDA filing time!

A van would be nice also and it would cut down on the cost, let me know

what you find out and if reservations need to be made.

MH is good at driving and he would prefere to have the option of stopping

when he wants vs a tour

Chris - We're definitely interested and have been trying to get 2 or 3 couples together for this. Sourdough's 2009 prices were about the same for a astro mini van or a dodge durango. They rent everything from a dodge neon to a ford F-150 pickup. Hopefully they're only having a glitch with their web site. I've read reviews on these boards and they seem like a good company. We're also going to purchase one of the milepost by milepost guides from Murray's guides. The download is only $5.00, but the 2010 version won't be available until April. My DH, Phil, is concerned because of the remoteness of the highway with little or no cell reception. Not sure how many ships will be docked with us that day, but since it's the major road out of Skagway, I feel comfortable driving it.

Once I get the info from Sourdough, we can talk more. :D

Yikes sorry Annette, I posted then went back to read what was posted last night.:o

You should be sorry!! :eek: Just for your actions I sentence you to an Alaskan cruise in 7 months, if you want to or not!! :D:D:D LOL!!

I'm just amazed that we had enough "usefull" and "useless" stuff to talk about to take us to 1000+ posts!!

A van would be nice also and it would cut down on the cost, let me know

what you find out and if reservations need to be made.

MH is good at driving and he would prefere to have the option of stopping

when he wants vs a tour

My email to Sourdough bounced back...I put an extra "s" in the address.....so I sent it again.

What time is everyone planning on getting to the port?

Not sure. Annette says that the hotel has shuttle to the port, but because of our group size, they may have to make 2 or 3 trips. We'll all be so excited, we'll have to draw boarding numbers from a hat! :rolleyes:

You should be sorry!! :eek: Just for your actions I sentence you to an Alaskan cruise in 7 months, if you want to or not!! :D:D:D LOL!!

I'm just amazed that we had enough "usefull" and "useless" stuff to talk about to take us to 1000+ posts!!

Oh the horror:D Now we need to work on 2000, closer it gets to cruise time I am sure the more we will have to chat about, places for meet and greets etc. I can't wait. This is gonig to be a awesome cruise!!!

I heard back from Dave the train to Fraizer this year was $81 one way and then for him to pick us up would be $70. It is about a 7 hour trip with the two together. He takes you to the Emerald Lake, etc. Chikook has the husky visit, not that interested in that!

OFFICIAL ~ SPIRITing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun

on

May 11, 2010. ~ OFFICIAL

This is the first R/T for the Spirit out of Seattle ~

Join us for this special event!

CRUISE INTINERARY

Tue Seattle, Washington 4:00 pm

Wed At Sea

Thu Cruise Tracy Arm

Fri Skagway, Alaska 7:00 am - 9:00 pm

Sat Juneau, Alaska 7:00 am - 3:00 pm

Sun Ketchikan, Alaska 7:00 am - 1:00 pm

Mon Victoria, British Columbia 7:30 pm -11:59 pm

Tue Seattle, Washington 7:00 am

Deposit Info

The second deposit of $325 per person is due November 13, 2009 for those who book at the reduced deposit. The final payment for the group is due January 22, 2010. There is a $50 cancellation penalty per cabin.

*Your Cruise Critic Group Cruise Includes:

$100 per cabin on board credit

Champagne and Chocolates

Cruise Critic Lanyards or similar(One per person)

Cruise Critic Magnets or similar (One per stateroom)

15% Discount on all other Cruise Critic Logowear

All Port Charges, Taxes, and Fees

Please let us know if you want to join our awesome goofy group!

IM000347.jpg

Can you imagine waking up to that! JOIN US!

Contact Annette for pricing or any questions. Member Cruise Info or Member Cruise Folder

#2000 here we come!

Anyone that has the second deposit to make - don't forget it since the Ship is filling up, and rooms won't be held. The rates are much higher right now than we got as a group!

Join us all, you know you want to! :D

Boom, Boom, Ain't it great to be CRAZY and Full of SPIRIT!

I did something for the first time today. I made travel reservations for Diana/myself for our May 2010 Spirit cruise. While I've done that before....it was the first time I booked travel for Diana LeQuesne [what her married name will be]. I booked air back from Seattle [Virgin America]. Since she is an AAA member, I'll let her book the discounted Amtrak tix to Seattle.

Hi,

I thought you had already booked. Did you go thru Johna for the group rate. I just got off the phone with the hotel. I will write more details later but I have arranged shuttles to the ship and I can also arrange shuttles from the airport to the hotel, they gave us a GREAT shuttle rate.

They gave us the same rate as Kim and Marlene got booked a few months ago for a hotel group rate! Kim for your group to get on the shuttle reserve list you will have to call the hotel and tell them to add you to the Group list. I will write more details later in our group folder. Such as group rate and number!

I feel so good about the shuttle arranged for from the airport to the hotel and then from the hotel to the ship! Whoo Hoo this is working out!

Diana/I are now booked/Quality Inn on 5/10. Their 1st question: are you going to stay here 5/8 thru 5/19. Seattle's pretty....but not 11 nights pretty :D

We are booked 5/8 - 5/11, I know some people wanted a night after so in order to get that at the group rate we had to block the whole time for the group rate.

I think about 3 nights pretty for us!

I Annette we booked our Hotel on line do I need to call then about the group rate and adding us to the shuttle?

Chris

We are booked 5/8 - 5/11, I know some people wanted a night after so in order to get that at the group rate we had to block the whole time for the group rate.

I think about 3 nights pretty for us!

Hi everyone,

Just spoke with Sourdough Car rentals and they said at this time they have 4 vans are are looking to purchase 2 more, but the problem is they

will not take reservations before Feb 2010 but the gentleman I spoke with

said he did not feel we would have a problem reserving one.

The vans are 10, 24 and 48 passengers but I could not get a cost on

the vehicle.

I personally like the smaller van because it will be a little more personal and we won't have to keep track of so many people.

I also spoke with Teresa in Ketchikan and she said that if we wanted to get together for a group of 10 or more that we could get the Wildlife, city & Saxman tour for $40.00 vs $50.00 PP. I am sure that they have other group rates on tours but this is the only one we were interested in. We are also going to do the self walking tour in this Port.

In Juneau we are going to take the Tram, I understand that you walk to

it from the dock, and the we are going to use WWW.MightGreatTrips.com and do Junea's Best tour for $27.00 PP but I understand that if we book soon then we may be able to get a better group rate. Check out the web site and let me know if anyone is interested.

I Annette we booked our Hotel on line do I need to call then about the group rate and adding us to the shuttle?

Chris

I posted the group rate in the group folder. I don't know what kind of rate you got online but the one they gave us was really good. ( I cannot post prices here - but it is listed in the group folder) They can move you to the group without any problem. If you want to have your name on the shuttle list with the group they need to move into the group. From what I have been told you cannot be added to the shuttle list until you get there unless you are part of the group.

There is not obligation to be part of the group. I think most of us already reserved online but can be moved into the group. I will let them know prior how many of need the shuttle to the ship. We can also arrange pick up at the airport for about $10.00 a person.

Hi everyone,

Just spoke with Sourdough Car rentals and they said at this time they have 4 vans are are looking to purchase 2 more, but the problem is they

will not take reservations before Feb 2010 but the gentleman I spoke with

said he did not feel we would have a problem reserving one.

The vans are 10, 24 and 48 passengers but I could not get a cost on

the vehicle.

I personally like the smaller van because it will be a little more personal and we won't have to keep track of so many people.

I also spoke with Teresa in Ketchikan and she said that if we wanted to get together for a group of 10 or more that we could get the Wildlife, city & Saxman tour for $40.00 vs $50.00 PP. I am sure that they have other group rates on tours but this is the only one we were interested in. We are also going to do the self walking tour in this Port.

In Juneau we are going to take the Tram, I understand that you walk to

it from the dock, and the we are going to use WWW.MightGreatTrips.com and do Junea's Best tour for $27.00 PP but I understand that if we book soon then we may be able to get a better group rate. Check out the web site and let me know if anyone is interested.

I also got a reply from Sourdough giving me the February 2010 info. They didn't know that there was a problem with the website.

I just got off the phone with the hotel. I will write more details later but I have arranged shuttles to the ship and I can also arrange shuttles from the airport to the hotel, they gave us a GREAT shuttle rate.

Annette - Is the hotel automatically giving us the group rate on the days after the cruise? Do I need to call them so they know to link that extra day to the group?

I did something for the first time today. I made travel reservations for Diana/myself for our May 2010 Spirit cruise. While I've done that before....it was the first time I booked travel for Diana LeQuesne [what her married name will be]. I booked air back from Seattle [Virgin America]. Since she is an AAA member, I'll let her book the discounted Amtrak tix to Seattle.

Congrats Jim! When is the big day?

Annette - Is the hotel automatically giving us the group rate on the days after the cruise? Do I need to call them so they know to link that extra day to the group?

Kathi,

Since you had given me your last name, I linked you to the group. (You r the one I knew needed after the cruise) :D Hope that is OK! I just gave them the names of the group members I knew.

Kathi,

Since you had given me your last name, I linked you to the group. (You r the one I knew needed after the cruise) :D Hope that is OK! I just gave them the names of the group members I knew.

Thanks for taking care of it for me! With all you're doing, I'll definitely owe you a couple DOD!! :D

Archived