~OFFICIAL~ "SPIRIT"ing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun! * May 11, 2010*~

anamanxs

I have a countdown calendar on the front screen of my phone! It counts down the seconds until our cruise. The only thing it doesn't take into account is the time change. I'm excited about the cruise!!! Someone mentioned not needing to lose weight for the cruise because we will all be so bundled. How does the formal night work with all the cold weather? Has anyone else know what they are going to pack?

The ship will be temperature regulated so you won't really notice what it is doing outside so up to you how you want to dress for formal night. I always had a jacket with me or wore long sleeves because the air conditioner was always cold on all our past cruises. I joked about the sweat pants because other cruises I was losing weight for shorts or bathing suit and not sure how much I will be wearing those items.

The ship will be temperature regulated so you won't really notice what it is doing outside so up to you how you want to dress for formal night. I always had a jacket with me or wore long sleeves because the air conditioner was always cold on all our past cruises. I joked about the sweat pants because other cruises I was losing weight for shorts or bathing suit and not sure how much I will be wearing those items.

Hi All,

Not a RCCL fan right now, the weather has closed the port of Baltimore so stuck here and not even notified about the delay by RCCL. I understand weather ..... but a notice would have been nice so we have already lost a day in Bermuda and they can't tell us anymore! So in a holding pattern. At least when we go to Alaska there will be several of us in the same Hotel and we can have a PARTY!

Someone on CC said something about them giving a 25% credit on future cruises, don't know I will be using RCCL again. So would prefer a OBC instead for expenses spent today! Second try here with them and not good vibes so far. May just not be in the cards for me and them - just bad Karma I guess.

So much for the Stress Reliever Cruise!

I can't wait until ALASKA! Hope everyone has a Good week!

Thanks for the info on the formal wear!

Sorry Annette about the delay on your current cruise! Come down & leave out of Florida - the weather is fine!!! Almost 80 degrees today, had to come inside & turn the air on. (Just bragging a little bit, if you wanna get me back you should tell my how beautiful the leaves changing colors, or how you can really feel the holidays).

techmom, I am so with you about the bundling up & being outside! I will still be attempting to loose weight anyway (just not specifically for this cruise). ohh the challenges of being a woman. So if you did want to get something started here anyway - I am open! Extra support always helps! I am starting back up on a diet, err I mean "lifestyle change" after Thanksgiving, so let me know... and well if anyone else is interrested :o

We are under 6 months!!! It's coming up FAST!!! I'm excited!

Thanks for the info on the formal wear!

Sorry Annette about the delay on your current cruise! Come down & leave out of Florida - the weather is fine!!! Almost 80 degrees today, had to come inside & turn the air on. (Just bragging a little bit, if you wanna get me back you should tell my how beautiful the leaves changing colors, or how you can really feel the holidays).

techmom, I am so with you about the bundling up & being outside! I will still be attempting to loose weight anyway (just not specifically for this cruise). ohh the challenges of being a woman. So if you did want to get something started here anyway - I am open! Extra support always helps! I am starting back up on a diet, err I mean "lifestyle change" after Thanksgiving, so let me know... and well if anyone else is interrested :o

We are under 6 months!!! It's coming up FAST!!! I'm excited!

Count me in! I was planning on starting after this cruise! Need to lose a little so I can do the walk on deck.

I can't even get the Miami game on the TV here! Go Canes! The leaves are changing and they are beautiful, but it has been raining for a week now. If I known we were going to be late, I could have stopped in Charles Town, West VA for some slots!

thanks Dana for welcoming me and you and i need to find out about the handshake!

i am from dAVIE,FL We are close by ,about 3.5 hr drive. we are leaving for seattle on the 8th so we can get a couple of days seightseeing . we are renting a car but we might have to return it to airport on the 11th. i need to know if there is a bus to the port from the cruise line . if you know of anything please i would appreciate the info.

thanks again for the welcome

They let us take an earlier train than booked...so this Los Angeles couple is back from the Spirit. Looks like I've created a new "cruise addict" in Diana. I feel like Dr. Frankenstien--and I should shout...

It's alive....it's alive :D

Just caught part of a segment on the "ALWEG" monorail in Seattle. Really interesting story. My DH was also watching and he wants to take a ride when we visit. It's only 1 miles long, but it should be fun.

http://www.seattlemonorail.com/index.php

Hey guys,

We are back and I think we will stick to Carnival! We are supposed to be getting 25% off what we paid for this cruise on another RCCL....but don't think we will be using it! Will do a review this weekend, have to work tomorrow. No chocolate Melting Cake! But, boy had some good shooters! Have to tell you about them this weekend..... Be GREAT for the cabin crawl!

Kathi, the inside room was fine, plenty of room! The ship was beautiful but the rest does not compare, will fill all in later. I heard the monorail was a must!

Just watched a show and Animal Planet on Moose and Bears in Alaska, very interesting.

Hope all are well and having a good fall! Hard to believe it will be Thanksgiving next week!

Did the shopping for Thanksgiving today (or most of it). Being a true Southerner, Phil loves to fry the turkey. I'm a born and raised Northerner and was shocked when I first heard of this. But, it's become my favorite way to cook a turkey...plus, he does everything from start to finish so all I have to do are the side dishes and the dessert.

Steven should be home Monday or Tuesday from Florida State. He'll be able to stay until next Sunday. Yeah! Unfortunately, I'll also have to tell him that he won't be able to join us on the cruise. By the time we called Johna, the upgrade from a double cabin to a triple would have cost us $1500-$1800. Because of his schedule at college and summer internships, he wasn't sure if he had the week free. By the time that the schedule came out, it was too late. :( I know he's going to be very, very sad. Well I guess this means that we'll just have to schedule a second Alaskan cruise in 2011 or 2012 so he can join us! :rolleyes:

Did the shopping for Thanksgiving today (or most of it). Being a true Southerner, Phil loves to fry the turkey. I'm a born and raised Northerner and was shocked when I first heard of this. But, it's become my favorite way to cook a turkey...plus, he does everything from start to finish so all I have to do are the side dishes and the dessert.

Steven should be home Monday or Tuesday from Florida State. He'll be able to stay until next Sunday. Yeah! Unfortunately, I'll also have to tell him that he won't be able to join us on the cruise. By the time we called Johna, the upgrade from a double cabin to a triple would have cost us $1500-$1800. Because of his schedule at college and summer internships, he wasn't sure if he had the week free. By the time that the schedule came out, it was too late. :( I know he's going to be very, very sad. Well I guess this means that we'll just have to schedule a second Alaskan cruise in 2011 or 2012 so he can join us! :rolleyes:

hEY kATHI,

That means you can make up for all the things you will miss the first time around! They say that once you do ALASKA you will want to do it again. I am glad you get to spend some quality time together for the Holidays. I went Dollar Store shopping, so I can get some stuff for my my son's daughter for the Elf to hide. The Elf hides a gift each day if they are good, if they are not so good, they just get a letter. I have to get everything together and get in the mail. :eek:

Just spent a half hour on the phone with the TA telling him about our 4 day trip that they spent the whole time convience us was a 5 day cruise! (He called to check how it went) I still need to download the pictures to the computer and write the review. Still haven't unpack yet, but did rearrange the living room so I put up a small tree after Thanksgiving and bring in the portable electric fake fireplace.

I have never fried a turkey before! We are doing a turkey and a turkey breast since everyone wants leftovers. I still have to go get the cream cheese and sour cream for pies and dips. Only 3 days of work next week! Yea! :D

hEY kATHI,

The Elf hides a gift each day if they are good, if they are not so good, they just get a letter. I have to get everything together and get in the mail. :eek:

What a cute idea!! When Steve was little we would sprinkle reindeer food on the front lawn (oatmeal, nuts, corn flakes, etc...whatever I had in the cupboard.) After he went to bed, Phil would water the lawn.......:o In the morning Steve would run out and all the food was gone since the reindeer had eaten it......;)

What a cute idea!! When Steve was little we would sprinkle reindeer food on the front lawn (oatmeal, nuts, corn flakes, etc...whatever I had in the cupboard.) After he went to bed, Phil would water the lawn.......:o In the morning Steve would run out and all the food was gone since the reindeer had eaten it......;)

And I bet he still remembers it to this day. I search everywhere for a elf and couldn't find one, but I found a really cute frog so the story will be the elves were so busy they sent their friend ____ the frog to help them out. I have to think of a frog name. There actually is a book called "The elve on the shelf" but we were doing it with my bosses kids before the book came out. My kids were older so we didn't get to do it for them. So, this will be the first year for my step grandaughters and my grandson. Hopefully the start of a tradition! I still buy my kids an orament each year for their tree. That is what they started their own trees with when they left home. They each still have a smurf from when we were in Germany.

So, everyone out there ... I hope you have a GREAT Thanksgiving and Canadian friends a Great week! I was reading some of the old reviews on ALASKA ...... I cna't wait. It does not look like any other week is sold out like ours yet! We are going to have a BLAST! :D

Everyone needs to start thinking of some of the activities we want to do. RCCL had all kinds of scrapbbooking punches and such. I wonder if we can write Carnival and see what the Spirit has onboard?

Kathi, did you see the cruise on the Liberty got Official for Jan. 15, 2011? Looks something like the one you wanted to do in Feb 2011 on the Freedom.

Just found this link with all Cruise Critic member cruises and their prices: http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groupinfo.cfmBeats visiting each one individually,

Kathi, did you see the cruise on the Liberty got Official for Jan. 15, 2011? Looks something like the one you wanted to do in Feb 2011 on the Freedom.

Just found this link with all Cruise Critic member cruises and their prices: http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groupinfo.cfmBeats visiting each one individually,

I wish they were doing a different itinerary. We were looking at the 2nd half of the Miracle B2B February 2011, because their itinerary changed to Southern Caribbean and it's still RT out of Fort Lauderdale. I was reading their boards and we have until May or June next year to take advantage of the $25 deposit....if rooms are still available. But, I think we might wait until fall 2011 to try the Freedom. We really want to go to Panama so, once rates and itinerary are posted, I might again try to form a CC group.

I wish they were doing a different itinerary. We were looking at the 2nd half of the Miracle B2B February 2011, because their itinerary changed to Southern Caribbean and it's still RT out of Fort Lauderdale. I was reading their boards and we have until May or June next year to take advantage of the $25 deposit....if rooms are still available. But, I think we might wait until fall 2011 to try the Freedom. We really want to go to Panama so, once rates and itinerary are posted, I might again try to form a CC group.

Panama was cool, would not mind going back. Elmer also wants to do Jamica. It's off to work, we must go. I still am not unpacked....... spent yesterday rearranging the living room.

I have to come up with a cool way to wrap up something to stand for the cruise for my daughter, son-n-law, since the cruise is most of their Christmas gift. I made a little photo book with all the animals in it for my grandson. I guess I should watch what I say hear since she reads this, just doesn't comment!

Good Morning All, hope everyone has a GREAT short week! Get well rested Thursday for the Mad, crazy, BLACK FRIDAY! Yea, I will be doing it.... don't know why but I'll be out there!

Archived