~OFFICIAL~ "SPIRIT"ing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun! * May 11, 2010*~

anamanxs

Hi gang...Been crazy at work...Trying to decide whether to book an IS or put up the whole deposit for a balcony....Almost NO OV left on the ship! Annette, glad to see you had kittens....Bet they are adorable. Everyone have a great day tomorrow!

Hey Nutty,

I was wondering where you were. You do not need to put the full deposit down on the balcony if you go with a 8B, unless you want to pick the room. It does look like the ship is filling fast. 3rd person has actually gone up two dollars. I put the full deposit on mine and my daughter's this week, otherwise we would not get cabins on the same floor. (and had to add to when I added gs) They would not let Johna hold any OV on the Spirit class ships. I guess due to linmited number they have. I think the Spirit class ships actually have more balcony than OV. And if the 8B balcony sell out than they will just upgrade you to an 8c or better, that is the good thig about the GROUP rate she locked in so many cabins and until she releases them we are good to go. If I only wanted one cabin I would wait, but since I want my DS to be able to use my balcony if she wants I thought I better grab 2 near each other while I still could. Looks like the aft's are all gone!

I find it crazy that the cruise is just under a year away and its getting packed! Means its going to be an awesome cruise.

I am loving this review so far!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=994329

Woke up to the same thing this morning...RAIN!

The news said this morning we have had 21 days of rain this month :( Funny tho, its going to be 90 this weekend!

I find it crazy that the cruise is just under a year away and its getting packed! Means its going to be an awesome cruise.

I am loving this review so far!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=994329

Woke up to the same thing this morning...RAIN!

The news said this morning we have had 21 days of rain this month :( Funny tho, its going to be 90 this weekend!

Wow, I hadn't seen that one yet! I like drink sign

I didn't see anythink like that on the PRIDE!

Cheri, Thanks for the link - someone just posted the Capers Link there:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalSpirit/Alaska/capers.htm

Kathi, They have a scrapbook time set aside on the sea day at 2:15. So, we should be able to get an area to do some memory making

If anyone is interested that is one thing Kathi and I have talked about is us doing a scrapbook time to do a group page.

Kathi, They have a scrapbook time set aside on the sea day at 2:15. So, we should be able to get an area to do some memory making

If anyone is interested that is one thing Kathi and I have talked about is us doing a scrapbook time to do a group page.

Just tell me when and where and I'll be there with paper, tape and scissors!! :D

I know it was posted somewhere before but I was wondering.......we reserved an inside cabin, from what everyone is writing I think I might upgrade to a balcony before it's too late. If I need to, can I downgrade back to an inside cabin or is there a penalty?

Kathi,

I don't think there is any problem to upgrade not sure about downgrading. It looks like there are still plenty of balcony, just not Oceanview and the inside 4b but they they will upgrade you free. If they sell out of inside you will get upgrade offers. Reduced rates to upgrade. I think any cabin is good, we have never spent much time in our cabins in any of our cruises. I can't say we used the balcony at all on the PRIDE. It pretty much is open until Nov when you have to pay the full deposit. So you do have time to think about it, unless you want a certain cabin.

official ~ spiriting to the majestic land of the midnight sun

on

may 11, 2010. ~ official

special $25.00 deposit for a limited time. Join us!

this is the first r/t for the spirit out of seattle ~

join us for this special event!

cruise intinerary

tue seattle, washington 4:00 pm

wed at sea

thu cruise tracy arm

fri skagway, alaska 7:00 am - 9:00 pm

sat juneau, alaska 7:00 am - 3:00 pm

sun ketchikan, alaska 7:00 am - 1:00 pm

mon victoria, british columbia 7:30 pm -11:59 pm

tue seattle, washington 7:00 am

deposit info

a reduced deposit is available for double occupancy $25 per person, guarantee cabins until june 9, 2009 - (i will be requesting an extension) the full per person deposit of $350 is required for all singles, triples, quads, suite and ocean view staterooms. The second deposit of $325 per person is due november 13, 2009 for those who book at the reduced deposit. The final payment for the group is due january 22, 2010. There is a $50 cancellation penalty per cabin.

*your cruise critic group cruise includes:

$100 per cabin on board credit

champagne and chocolates

cruise critic lanyards or similar(one per person)

cruise critic magnets or similar (one per stateroom)

15% discount on all other cruise critic logowear

all port charges, taxes, and fees

please let us know if you want to join our awesome goofy group!

im000347.jpg

can you imagine waking up to that! Join us!

contact annette for pricing or any questions. member cruise info or member cruise folder

join us!

Hey Nutty,

I was wondering where you were. You do not need to put the full deposit down on the balcony if you go with a 8B, unless you want to pick the room. It does look like the ship is filling fast. 3rd person has actually gone up two dollars. I put the full deposit on mine and my daughter's this week, otherwise we would not get cabins on the same floor. (and had to add to when I added gs) They would not let Johna hold any OV on the Spirit class ships. I guess due to linmited number they have. I think the Spirit class ships actually have more balcony than OV. And if the 8B balcony sell out than they will just upgrade you to an 8c or better, that is the good thig about the GROUP rate she locked in so many cabins and until she releases them we are good to go. If I only wanted one cabin I would wait, but since I want my DS to be able to use my balcony if she wants I thought I better grab 2 near each other while I still could. Looks like the aft's are all gone!

Oh!!! Thanks Annette! I was totally confused! (happens more and more) :rolleyes: I'll get with her tomorrow first thing....I think she has my CC info...I'll leave her a msg tonight. :)

Oh!!! Thanks Annette! I was totally confused! (happens more and more) :rolleyes: I'll get with her tomorrow first thing....I think she has my CC info...I'll leave her a msg tonight. :)

I know all about being confused! Join the rest of us! Hopefully you will hear from her tomorrow!

I just booked on this cruise!!! DH and I are so excited! We've been trying to take an Alaska cruise for our honeymoon for three years, but he's in the military and it hasn't been very kind to us. We're supposed to be on the Spirit RIGHT NOW (5/27/09 northbound), but we had to cancel because he got stop-lossed. It looks like this one will FINALLY work out! We even were able to get a fabulous main deck aft wrap-around for some awesome views!

Unfortunately we wanted to use our Seamiles, so we had to book through them. We certainly don't mean to diss you guys :).

I feel like I've been planning this cruise for forever (probably because I have). Had to adjust alot of things since Carnival doesn't offer one-ways anymore, but it seems to be working out.

Anyone have any ideas for things to do in Seattle? We'll probably fly in on Saturday, so we'll have 2 full days to fill. I was thinking about taking the ferry to Bremerton or Bainbridge Island (maybe both). Also probably just walking around downtown, Pike's Place, Space Needle, etc. Any other ideas?

I saw you guys were discussing hotels. I checked prices at the Holiday Inn and they were around $120/night. Rates at the Quality Inn & Suites on John Street seem to be a little better at $100/night, and reviews on tripadvisor.com are decent. Great location in downtown.

I'm gonna reserve a cheaper hotel now and start trying Priceline about 1 week before the trip. I've heard of people getting 3 or 4 star waterfront hotels for as low as $100/night. Hope I could be so lucky.

Hi IndpdntChik. You picked a great cruise. Well I have never been to Alaska but I am sure its going to be awesome!

I'm still looking into what to do in Seattle. For me, it will depend on what day we fly in. I do know we want to go up in the space needle. I want to explore the city!

Hi Chik! Welcome aboard! Me and my hubby have always wanted to do Alaska too...We are very excited! Great rates you found on Hotels...I'm not even thinking that far out yet! :D

Yeah, I have a planning addiction. Did the same thing last year. I already have a comprehensive budget and itinerary typed up. I have all activities for all ports planned already, though I have to wait to book some of them. The only thing I'm missing right now is what to do in Seattle, but I'm getting some great ideas. Duck tour, Argosy harbor tour, and aquarium visit have been added to my "Seattle Ideas" document this morning...

My name is Mindy and I'm addicted to planing. It's been 5 minutes since I last planned something :)

Hi and welcome! We have a few hotel ideas going on in the group area. We actually have someone going with us that lives near Seattle and he has checked with HI and they told him as a group we might get even a better rate.

I know a lot of us are going up a couple of days early to see Seattle. Check out our folder area and feel free to add link or thoughts you may have. We also have some other activities planned there that we would love to have you join us in if interested.

My name is Mindy and I'm addicted to planing. It's been 5 minutes since I last planned something :)

Hey Mindy. Welcome to the group. I am a planner also!! My DH calls it an obsession, but I call it being proactive!!:rolleyes:

Fishing sounds great. I think that would be something my DH would love to do. We haven't made any decisions yet on the excursions, but have been researching our options in each port.

Hi there IndpdntChik. Welcome to the cruise. I just signed up this week myself. My wife and I are looking so forward to this cruise.:)

Please tell your husband Thank You for serving our country. I know it’s not easy on either one of you. Tell him I said he has a free drink coming from me. I hope he doesn’t take it as an insult. :eek:

Did Nutty get signed up today?

Hi Chick,

Yes, please tell your husband Thanks from all of us! You said he is still in the military...which branch? Is he stateside now or deployed? Is he due to get out before next May? I hope everything works out just the way you want. Being a military wife is a difficult life and I thank you also for your contributions.

I have not heard from Nutty....Nutty are you with us?

Wow, new pic posted on Live or almost live thread! Wonderful pics of Ketchikan and Creek St. Some of the best I have seen! There is a boat shown called Duck tours - have to look that one up.

Thats where I met Dan. We were both in the Army. I was just getting to Fort Bragg and he was just getting out. I hated being stationed at Ft Bragg since I lived in Charlotte at the time. 3 hours away :rolleyes: We dated just 3 weeks and been married 26 years in August. I guess thats why I was stationed there!

Just home from work. Going to go look at the new pictures from Live. I love new Alaska pictures. Heck, I still look at the old ones!

Thats where I met Dan. We were both in the Army. I was just getting to Fort Bragg and he was just getting out. I hated being stationed at Ft Bragg since I lived in Charlotte at the time. 3 hours away :rolleyes: We dated just 3 weeks and been married 26 years in August. I guess thats why I was stationed there!

Just home from work. Going to go look at the new pictures from Live. I love new Alaska pictures. Heck, I still look at the old ones!

Wow cool. I lived in Fayetteville in 1987 and my brother in law was stationed at Ft. Bragg. We used to go horseback riding on the base till he got off the horse to pee and it stepped on him and broke his leg :eek:

Wow cool. I lived in Fayetteville in 1987 and my brother in law was stationed at Ft. Bragg. We used to go horseback riding on the base till he got off the horse to pee and it stepped on him and broke his leg :eek:

I guess the horse thought mother nature was a bit too close....lol

The Duck tour is one of those land and sea machines.

Archived