~OFFICIAL~ "SPIRIT"ing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun! * May 11, 2010*~

anamanxs

Can I be a step-cruiser too??? I haven't booked this cruise but my husband and I are booked on the one two weeks later on the 25th. This will be during our 10 year anniversary. I have no one on my thread to talk to. I'm so lonely.

I have lots to offer. ;) This will be my second Alaska trip on the Spirit. We did the Northbound cruise two years ago.

If you'll adopt me until I get my own cruise mates I'll share my pictures of the last cruise with you. I can also answer lots of questions.:D

hello there,

Im an official step cruiser also..I booked on this cruise before the group formed, but they have welcomed me with arms wide open, and I guarantee you will recieve the same welcome....Im sure everyone will be unanymous in wishing you were booked on our cruise. Im not the leader, but I will recommend submitting your adoption papers asap

YAY More people that dont like fish- like me:D

make me 5.....I was so nervous going on the splendor, it really seemed that there was way more options for seafood lovers than there were for the rest of us.....but wheeeeewwwww!!! there was tons of good stuff for everyone......

Hi gang...I'm still around!:D I've talked to Johna...I'm just trying to decide IS or Balcony....I'll get it done before cheap deposit runs out. I saw you all talking about doors...I LOVE to decorate the door....Here's a pic of my door on John Heald's bloggers cruise...Close to Mardi Gras time...:)

nola055.jpg

Hi gang...I'm still around!:D I've talked to Johna...I'm just trying to decide IS or Balcony....I'll get it done before cheap deposit runs out. I saw you all talking about doors...I LOVE to decorate the door....Here's a pic of my door on John Heald's bloggers cruise...Close to Mardi Gras time...:)

nola055.jpg

if your decision on your room is dependent on $$$$$ then I would say take the IS and you can borrow my balcony for any neccesary photo ops or spontanious group parties.....if money isnt the issue...then you definately need a balcony for alaska....I had an IS on the splendor, and it was freaky for me....I never wear a watch, and on several occasions I completely lost track of time and whether it was day or night outside.....I only partially blame jack daniels for this

LOL - I think my husband wants you as his new best friend!!
great!!! any fan of jack, is a friend of mine..... being that I always travel solo, jack daniels makes a perfect roomate every time!!!!

hey, I waved at you the other day on my way down to miami.... I got lucky and got right in, and right out of town....ive already made my way back up to denver....I keep thinking I really need to do a carribean cruise, but feeling that humidity you have there in florida, I think Im gonna stick to alaska for a while....

TamaLee - Welcome to our group. We were going to go on the 5/18 cruise, but after hanging around with this group for a couple weeks in the planning stage, we decided to go on 5/11. You could always reschedule your cruise and join us....have an early anniversary celebration....then, hubby will have to take you out to eat on your actual anniversary.;);)

It's funny that so many of us are non-fish eaters. I'll eat fried or cold shrimp but only if I don't have to clean it. Have to also have about a gallon of cocktail sauce. :rolleyes: When I see fish prepared it always looks good, but can't get over the taste and the smell. Same with coffee....love the smell but I don't like the taste!

I'm all for the door decorating. Definitely think we should incorporate something to do with Cruise Critics.

feeling that humidity you have there in florida, I think Im gonna stick to alaska for a while....

Now until around October it's pretty humid....depending on when we start to get the cold fronts. (Probably should say "cool" fronts.) We went on a 7 day eastern cruise in October and the weather was just a tad warm, but the nights were perfect on deck. In August and September, I hate to even walk to my car during the day.

Hi TamaLee,

Welcome to our group. Sure wish you were going with us; it seems like this is going to be a really fun trip. I appreciate you sharing your experiences of Alaska with us. Any suggestions and advice helps in planning things to do when you've never been to a place and are strapped for time.

I can’t believe all of the non fish lovers here. I love ALL kinds of seafood and can’t believe so may people don't even like fish. I think if some haven't tried salmon before, they'll really love it grilled. When I saw the pictures of the grilled salmon, I couldn't hardly wait to be there enjoying the whole Alaskan experience.

As far as shrimp goes I think Bubba said it best "Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.":D

Hi TamaLee,

Welcome to our group. Sure wish you were going with us; it seems like this is going to be a really fun trip. I appreciate you sharing your experiences of Alaska with us. Any suggestions and advice helps in planning things to do when you've never been to a place and are strapped for time.

I can’t believe all of the non fish lovers here. I love ALL kinds of seafood and can’t believe so may people don't even like fish. I think if some haven't tried salmon before, they'll really love it grilled. When I saw the pictures of the grilled salmon, I couldn't hardly wait to be there enjoying the whole Alaskan experience.

As far as shrimp goes I think Bubba said it best "Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.":D

Elmer will fit in with all the men it seems, he loves seafood, and JACK! Nutty, you have to decide...we need you in the door department. I booked my daughter the IS, since she can run to my balcony. That a neat thing about a group....there's bound to be someones balcony you can crash on, or run to for a photo op. And the cool thing about the Spirit ships are they are easy to get around on.

Welcome the more the merrier, wish you were going with us, but we love pictures and chatting so you are WECOME! You brought the right bribe!

Hi again...for me the room choice is about moola...The difference in the two...IS vs Balcony... would pay for our air. And to us, that's a big difference. If I was loaded...you better believe I'd have one of those prized afts!:D So I may end up doing IS and borrowing someones balcony for pics....;) And for the record...I LOVE fish! I could eat my weight in grilled Salmon or crab or Lobster, or halibut or ...:D And believe me...that's a lot of fish!;)

Hi Nutty,

Then I would go with the IS....more money for airfare, sightseeing and fun! With an IS, you can turn on the TV Cam view and you can see outside and bring light into the cabin. Really how much time do you stay in the cabin anyway? I know we don't.

Hey but with the poker crawl hopefully, we get to see inside one of those prized aft's amd we can dream about it for a later cruise! I only have a 8B.

I just thought about something and wanted to mention it before I forgot. We need to plan and doing the "walk for the cure" as a group. They usually have it the last sea day around 3:00 up on the track. Hopefully they will be doing it next year also. It cost $10. each and goes to "Cause". I just think it would be something really GREAT to do as a group!

is the "cause" my bar tab? how thoughtful of you.....;)

Do you think we would raise enough? lol........The truth be told I didn't want to mispell her last name. It was late and somewhat Braindead! It is the Susan B. Koman Research for the cure. The "Pink" people! I put a sign up sheet on the Group Forumn.

Good Morning all, another day to work! Summer camp starts in a few day, and it will be crazy at work. Our offices are located at the Rec. center - quiet until summer camp starts. Then very noisy! People everywhere. Kids everywhere! And the rush to get it ready, clean, set up. Hope eveyone has a wonderful day.

Roy, be safe out there on the road!

Good Tired Morning. Last night at work was so tiring. We are in the 3rd week of remodeling and its rough. The air is not working right and the place is so hot. The heat drains you after 9 hours there.

Going to hunt threads and see if anymore pics of Alaska are up. I just can't get enough :D

All I can say about NolaAlives pictures is WOW! They added 3 pages of Sitka. I have not seen pictures like this in a long time. I couldn't wait for the next page LOL. I liked how they added things we could read with the pictures. I liked reading about the birds, expecially the falcon.

I really recommend renting a car in Skagway and driving to Canada. Using Murray's guide made it easy and the car rental was inexpensive. There's a grocery store in town that, as you can see, you can purchase an inexpensive cooler and snacks for the road.

It was nice to be able to stop whenever we wanted and the scenery was fabulous.

At one of the pull outs we even ran into some people from Arizona that had left three weeks earlier in their RV. Small world.

Welcome TamaLee. I'm a step-cruiser, too, but the group is great and very friendly.

Thanks for sharing your pictures, they are beautiful. I feel like we're missing out a little without Sitka and College Fjords (I'm assuming that's where your glacier cruising took place, correct me if I'm wrong). I hope that Tracy Arm Fjord is still as beautiful.

As far as the seafood goes, I don't know what's wrong with you people, but it's my gain. I'll take your shrimp, I'll take your sushi, I'll take your tilapia and your salmon and your cod. Mmmm, and I'd love some of that lobster tail and those Alaskan King crab legs, too. You name it, if it comes from the sea (or freshwater, LOVE trout and catfish!!), I'll take it.

Yes, we did sail into College Fjord. It was a great day. Warm and lots of sun.

Did you guys here on the news that it's supposed to be 79 in Juneau today!:eek: Hope we get weather like that when we sail.

I love seafood and fish as well. I'm bummed that King Crab season isn't until November and Salmon season isn't until August. Oh well.

Yes the picture was taken on our drive to Emerald Lake in Canada. We did not walk across since the Park Service wanted $25, I think, a person to do so. They also would chase you off if you tried to take pictures of the area. Not friendly folks those park rangers. But I'm quick with the camera.;)

We even were able to get a fabulous main deck aft wrap-around for some awesome views!

Hi IndpdntChik, and welcome to our group. We have a main deck wrap cabin, too. Perhaps we'll be neighbors. Hope so. Are you the one that grabbed 4228? We're on the opposite corner.

Archived