~OFFICIAL~ "SPIRIT"ing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun! * May 11, 2010*~

anamanxs

Hi TamaLee,

Welcome to our group. Sure wish you were going with us; it seems like this is going to be a really fun trip. I appreciate you sharing your experiences of Alaska with us. Any suggestions and advice helps in planning things to do when you've never been to a place and are strapped for time.

I can’t believe all of the non fish lovers here. I love ALL kinds of seafood and can’t believe so may people don't even like fish. I think if some haven't tried salmon before, they'll really love it grilled. When I saw the pictures of the grilled salmon, I couldn't hardly wait to be there enjoying the whole Alaskan experience.

As far as shrimp goes I think Bubba said it best "Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.":D

OH my, finally another seafood lover. I thought we would be the only ones. Growing up in S. Louisiana, one almost HAS to love seafood. I love it all except oysters and not ever fried. Just never developed a taste for those little buggers. Come on, y'all, give it a try. I can't wait to taste some of the wild salmon.

All I can say about NolaAlives pictures is WOW! They added 3 pages of Sitka. I have not seen pictures like this in a long time. I couldn't wait for the next page LOL. I liked how they added things we could read with the pictures. I liked reading about the birds, expecially the falcon.

Hey Cheri, do you have a link for NOLAAlives pics?

I love seafood and fish as well. I'm bummed that King Crab season isn't until November and Salmon season isn't until August. Oh well.

According to the fishing calendars I've seen, salmon season is May to July. Maybe the spawning in the freshwater isn't until August? Anyway, I'm booking a fishing charter in Ketchikan on May 16th, so hopefully it's not too early to catch a few.

Hi IndpdntChik, and welcome to our group. We have a main deck wrap cabin, too. Perhaps we'll be neighbors. Hope so. Are you the one that grabbed 4228? We're on the opposite corner.

Yes, we napped 4228 about a week ago. Guess we'll be just a couple doors down, then.

Sonya, here is the link to there review. Theres alot of pictures. There are so many good ones :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=994329

Your welcome Annette. Me and Dan are both going to do it.

GREAT! I think it is such a GREAT charity and a GREAT memory to have that we also did something for someone else on the cruise!

Group walk the Deck for the cure! And even if Carnival doesn't still support the walk The "SPIRITER'S" can do and mail the money in! :rolleyes:

Great Idea Annette! That will make it so much easier! I'll be sad when there cruise is over LOL I hope someone who gets off that cruise will leave a review :D

I am off today so we are off for dinner. Don't know if I want pizza or chicken wings. The place has both. After today, I have 6 days in a row at work.

Just cheked out all the Capers. It looks like scrapbooking was each sea day at 2:00. The Walk for the Cure was at 2:00pm on the last day. A chocolate Buffet (12:00 - 1:30) on the last Sea Day! So, Chocolate then walk...don't know about that! The sun rose at 4:00 each morning and set around 9:45pm....Wow! Hard to imagine! Need to go work on the Cattery Website!

A chocolate Buffet (12:00 - 1:30) on the last Sea Day! So, Chocolate then walk...don't know about that!

I think we'll need the walk after the chocolate!

The sun rose at 4:00 each morning and set around 9:45pm....Wow! Hard to imagine!

For one vacation, we drove up and rented a little A-frame cottage near Bar Harbor Maine. We couldn't believe how early the sun rose compared to South Florida!

Is anyone else addicted/obsessed with reading trip reviews by other cruisers???:eek:

Kathi, I read alot of the reviews, even ones I am not planning on booking. I love to see what people did and what they thought of their cruises. I love all pictures :D

We went to the chocolate buffet on the Glory. I don't care to much for chocolate but I did sample some the goodies. I didn't like alot of the stuff but I wanted to try it.

Now I LOVED the Mexican buffet. That was a fun night. We got our food and went outside for music. It was fun to watch!

OFFICIAL ~ SPIRITing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun

on

May 11, 2010. ~ OFFICIAL

Special $25.00 Deposit for a limited time. Join US!

This is the first R/T for the Spirit out of Seattle ~

Join us for this special event!

CRUISE INTINERARY

Tue Seattle, Washington 4:00 pm

Wed At Sea

Thu Cruise Tracy Arm

Fri Skagway, Alaska 7:00 am - 9:00 pm

Sat Juneau, Alaska 7:00 am - 3:00 pm

Sun Ketchikan, Alaska 7:00 am - 1:00 pm

Mon Victoria, British Columbia 7:30 pm -11:59 pm

Tue Seattle, Washington 7:00 am

Deposit Info

A reduced deposit is available for double occupancy $25 per person, guarantee cabins until June 9, 2009 - The full per person deposit of $350 is required for all singles, triples, quads, suite and ocean view staterooms. The second deposit of $325 per person is due November 13, 2009 for those who book at the reduced deposit. The final payment for the group is due January 22, 2010. There is a $50 cancellation penalty per cabin.

*Your Cruise Critic Group Cruise Includes:

$100 per cabin on board credit

Champagne and Chocolates

Cruise Critic Lanyards or similar(One per person)

Cruise Critic Magnets or similar (One per stateroom)

15% Discount on all other Cruise Critic Logowear

All Port Charges, Taxes, and Fees

Please let us know if you want to join our awesome goofy group!

IM000347.jpg

Can you imagine waking up to that! JOIN US!

Contact Annette for pricing or any questions. Member Cruise Info or Member Cruise Folder

CALL JOHNA, CALL JOHNA, CALL JOHNA! You know you want too! 1-800-493-6609. Please be sure to clearly mention that you are INTERESTED IN BOOKING THE CRUISE CRITIC GROUP CRUISE ABOARD THE ALASKA - MAY 11, 2010 SAILING.

Yes, we napped 4228 about a week ago. Guess we'll be just a couple doors down, then.

Fantastic! Looking forward to meeting you and your hubby. We're sailing with our daughter and her husband and son. They're next to us in an aft balcony.

Went to the bank this morning and started talking with a gentleman behind me. We started talking about our hot weather. He said give him the cold anytime. That brought up Alaska! He said him and his wife drove there RV accross country and then took an Alaska cruise. He told me all about what they did and such. I told him we have until May 2010 and he said "planning is half the fun" :D

Fantastic! Looking forward to meeting you and your hubby. We're sailing with our daughter and her husband and son. They're next to us in an aft balcony.

Sonja, how old will your grandson be when we cruise? My grandson is also going, he will be 2 1/2. My daughter is very weiry about using Camp Carnival.

Went to the bank this morning and started talking with a gentleman behind me. We started talking about our hot weather. He said give him the cold anytime. That brought up Alaska! He said him and his wife drove there RV accross country and then took an Alaska cruise. He told me all about what they did and such. I told him we have until May 2010 and he said "planning is half the fun" :D

I think that is true but the waiting is hard. I was looking at more digital scrapbook stuff last night (found the link on CC). I do my grandson a book for Christmas - started it the year he was born so now it's a tradition. I was thinking about doing one with pictures of Alaska- But I should probably wait until we go! I was thinking of using pictures with words, like Whale, Otter, Eagle, SHIP, etc. Last year I did our beach trip! (

Archived