~OFFICIAL~ "SPIRIT"ing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun! * May 11, 2010*~

anamanxs

Good Morning All,

Seems we were all on the quiet side yesterday. Hot, Hot Hot here and trying to get ready for Summer Camp. And working on SSDA reporting for Seven Centers. But, thanks goodness the Internal Audits are done for another few months. Hope everyone has a GOOD da, it's almost Friday! Nutty you still with us?

Good morning all. I am so far behind. Will hav to try and catch up with everyone.

Mike is trying to decide to either floatplane or helicopter and he will probably do it in Ketchikan. Anyone with any experience?

Good Morning. I must of been tired, I just got up :eek: I was up til 1:30am so maybe that has something to do with it.

It was hot here the past few days but now its supposed to rain the next 3 days. It stormed for hours yesterday afternoon and night.

Good morning all. I am so far behind. Will hav to try and catch up with everyone.

Mike is trying to decide to either floatplane or helicopter and he will probably do it in Ketchikan. Anyone with any experience?

The pictures are amazing, but my feet are staying on the ground or water!

Good Morning. I must of been tired, I just got up :eek: I was up til 1:30am so maybe that has something to do with it.

It was hot here the past few days but now its supposed to rain the next 3 days. It stormed for hours yesterday afternoon and night.

SEND THAT RAIN THIS WAY!!! I'm so jealous! We've gotten less than a half an inch here in the desert since the beginning of the year. I would do just about anything to enjoy a nice springtime thunderstorm!

We also booked the Seattle Quality Inn on John street. Tripadvisor reviews where good and got it for $89.10 a night.

Everything I could find about it looked good! And we are able to cancel up to the day before with no penatly - I like that factor alot!

SEND THAT RAIN THIS WAY!!! I'm so jealous! We've gotten less than a half an inch here in the desert since the beginning of the year. I would do just about anything to enjoy a nice springtime thunderstorm!

Last year it was very dry! We couldn't wash cars~water grass, nothing. People were getting fines. The lakes were really low. Alot of people had there wells dry up.

This year is the opposite. In 1 month, we had 5 days of no rain and 26 days of rain. The weather is crazy!

I wonder if I should look into booking a hotel? I thought it would be to early but now I wonder if I should look into booking.

Sonja, how old will your grandson be when we cruise? My grandson is also going, he will be 2 1/2. My daughter is very weiry about using Camp Carnival.

Hi Annette, Colin will only be a year and a half when we cruise. I think that's too small for Camp Carnival, isn't it?

Last year it was very dry! We couldn't wash cars~water grass, nothing. People were getting fines. The lakes were really low. Alot of people had there wells dry up.

This year is the opposite. In 1 month, we had 5 days of no rain and 26 days of rain. The weather is crazy!

I wonder if I should look into booking a hotel? I thought it would be to early but now I wonder if I should look into booking.

I thought it was early too but when I checked it out I was able to get prices on the link in the Seattle section. The prices are not bad. And you can cancel up to the day before so if I find something cheaper later - I am not out anything.

I have been reading up on it and it looks like Camp Carnival starts at 2 years old.

Hi Annette, Colin will only be a year and a half when we cruise. I think that's too small for Camp Carnival, isn't it?

hey folks...I must really want to go on this cruise...my company just announced sweeping layoffs and drastic payroll reductions.....and right now im online deciding which excursions to take and how many bottles of jack to order from bon voyage...im thinking 2......I have no intentions of cancelling....thank goodness I have nearly a year to regroup.....if we were cruising this, or next month I would have to say I couldnt make it.....

hey folks...I must really want to go on this cruise...my company just announced sweeping layoffs and drastic payroll reductions.....and right now im online deciding which excursions to take and how many bottles of jack to order from bon voyage...im thinking 2......I have no intentions of cancelling....thank goodness I have nearly a year to regroup.....if we were cruising this, or next month I would have to say I couldnt make it.....

We will be all keeping our fingers crossed for you and your job! Times are getting bad everywhere! I would think Two Jack's would probably help you stay feeing good.

Royd, sorry to hear about the issues at your work. Everytime I hear that we are coming out of this ressession, I think ya right who are you talking about cause I keep hearing so many people losing jobs.

Good Morning all!

It's Friday, It's Friday! And it is pouring.....We had storms again all night. Car battery died. Went to work fine, came out in the pouring rain and it was dead! Nothing left on, no warning ....just dead! Now, this is not an old car....2006 Jeep Liberty! So last night was a real bummer, getting a jump paying $100 for a battery and then wondering if I woul make it home in the pouring rain!

Hopefully we will see SUN soon! So, how is everyone out there this week. Been quiet around here. Nutty, Jenni, Chick, you guys are doing OK! Nutty, you ever get with Johna?

I posted some new info on Seattle in the board yesterday! Looks like there is lots to do there. I really want to do a DUCK there or in one of the other ports.

Good morning Annette!!!!!

Thank goodness it is Friday. Not raining here but weather is still cool. I don't think we are going to get spring, I think we are going right into summer.

I need to print off that spreadsheet and get everyones names....I have a horrible memory.

Hope you all have a awesome day

Thanks for the link Annette. I looked at it some last night. Going back to look at the rest in a few minutes.

Its been pouring here sinse yesterday again. It just won't quit raining. Our pool is overflowing once again. Haven't been able to use it because its been raining so much. I am really tired of rain. As long as it don't rain the 13th. My son has his high school graduation that day and its supposed to be outside.

We know the feeling Roy. For the past 3 weeks, Dan has been working just 3 days a week. He is used to 60 hours a week, now its not even 40. Hes home again yesterday and today. This economy needs to pick up!

Cher

We will all do our no rain dance for the 13th! Congrats to your son. Does he have college plans! I hope Dan's work picks up. It is all just plain scary!

Kathi, Did your son make it home at all between terms? Or did you at least get to go see him?

I guess I am going to TN next weekend to pick up my step granddaughters for a couple of weeks. They were going to bring them here but with all the rain and all, their moving of their mobile home has taken forever! They have been in a motel for two weeks now. Lucky, I work for a childcare center or else I couldn't keep them at all. The girls will have a ball in summercamp for a couple of weeks.

Been thru Tn alot! We drive thru there when we go to Nebraska. I always dread the 1st 8 hours...seems like we are on I-40 forever and Tn is such a long state to go thru.

I keep checking weather channel. So far, 60% chance of rain but being a week out, it could change. We are planning a cookout after the graduation with family. Fingers crossed.

Joseph is planning on going into the Marines after school. He has a recruiter and all that stuff. He went to MEPS once so far but failed the physical. Because of the way he eats (high in salt diet) his blood pressure was up. Hes supposed to be going back and having it rechecked. Hoping its normal. It has to be normal to join. Hes wanting to go to culinary school also. The Marines will pay for his schooling.

OFFICIAL ~ SPIRITing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun

on

May 11, 2010. ~ OFFICIAL

Special $25.00 Deposit for a limited time. Join US!

This is the first R/T for the Spirit out of Seattle ~

Join us for this special event!

CRUISE INTINERARY

Tue Seattle, Washington 4:00 pm

Wed At Sea

Thu Cruise Tracy Arm

Fri Skagway, Alaska 7:00 am - 9:00 pm

Sat Juneau, Alaska 7:00 am - 3:00 pm

Sun Ketchikan, Alaska 7:00 am - 1:00 pm

Mon Victoria, British Columbia 7:30 pm -11:59 pm

Tue Seattle, Washington 7:00 am

Deposit Info

A reduced deposit is available for double occupancy $25 per person, guarantee cabins until June 9, 2010. The full per person deposit of $350 is required for all singles, triples, quads, suite and ocean view staterooms. The second deposit of $325 per person is due November 13, 2009 for those who book at the reduced deposit. The final payment for the group is due January 22, 2010. There is a $50 cancellation penalty per cabin.

*Your Cruise Critic Group Cruise Includes:

$100 per cabin on board credit

Champagne and Chocolates

Cruise Critic Lanyards or similar(One per person)

Cruise Critic Magnets or similar (One per stateroom)

15% Discount on all other Cruise Critic Logowear

All Port Charges, Taxes, and Fees

Please let us know if you want to join our awesome goofy group!

IM000347.jpg

Can you imagine waking up to that! JOIN US!

Contact Annette for pricing or any questions. Member Cruise Info or Member Cruise Folder

June 9, is only a few days from now. Don't be left out from all the FUN! We are going to ALASKA! We are th SPIRIT's, love to have you SPIRIT away with us!

Grrr... about the rain. Sunny and in the mid 90s here, again, for the 208th day in a row. I'm exaggerating, of course, but we haven't had a good rainstorm since we moved down to El Paso a year and a half ago. Hopefully it doesn't rain for that cookout though, purple. I'll do my rain dance here and maybe we can steal yours.

Tennessee is a beautiful state to drive through. Tn and Va are so beautiful and it's such a peaceful drive. At least it was until we got to Memphis, that city was the worst! Dallas kinda stunk, too, but Memphis was worse. Can't wait to make that drive again!!!! Going the other way next time... start out in the crumby desert and end up in the beautiful countryside! Can you tell I'm excited to go home?

Been quiet around here. Nutty, Jenni, Chick, you guys are doing OK!

Yeah, Annette, doing good. Kinda depressed though, went to the Oral Surgeon yesterday and gotta get the wisdom teeth out in 2 weeks. :mad: I'm dreading it!!! I'm such a wimp when it comes to medical stuff.

Archived