~OFFICIAL~ "SPIRIT"ing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun! * May 11, 2010*~

anamanxs

To answer your question Kim, what I am looking forward to most, follows the cruise...

(Yup - here I go again...)

My first cruise got me hooked (actually this time last year I was on the Legend having the time of my life). I tried to do everything possible. My MIL & I attended every possible jewelry lesson, & collected our free gemstones from every store. It was a lot like a treasure hunt - with real treasures.

Well we ended up with a few loose gemstones. We may do it a little bit on the Alaska cruise to pick up a few more, but they have a gold panning excursion that we are going on.

After the cruise we plan to design a setting and use the gold from Alaska, and the gems from the Caribbean in a piece of jewelry. I am excited to have a unique once in a lifetime piece that I will treasure forever!

Of course I am looking forward to all of the experiences on my cruise!

Wow, that sounds like Fun Dana! When did they have jewery making classes? I plan on attending the scrapbooking classes. On the RCL cruise they gave them lots of free cut outs, don't know if Carnival is doing that or not?

I don't know that they are having jewelry making classes, I didn't see any on the legend. The jewelry classes I was talking about was the Marketing scheme they had on the ship where they would teach you the 4C's of diamonds, and have a seminar about what gems to buy... (A huge info-mertial disguised as a class)

As far as making the jewelry, I am just crafty, and so far it's just an idea with no plan on execution. But I figure I already have the gems, and soon I'll have the gold, both from the cruises I have taken. Once I have both I figure I will take them somewhere local & get some advice...

It looks like they have Adult Arts and Crafts at 9:30 - 10:30 and from 1 - 2 on the first sea day. Digital Photo Schavanger hunt at noon, and scrapbooking at 2:15 according to last years Capers. Dance classes at 11:30 and 3:00, looks like they have a lot plus yalks on Alaska a couple of times a day.

I have never been to Adult art & crafts I wonder what that is?

Where are you finding capers? I thought I saw a link posted here somewhere but can't find it now.

OK next question.

What is your favorite thing to do on a cruise? We usually get to Kareokee and the Piano Bar every night.

Kim, Here is a link to some from last year, Hopefully, it will be close to this year as far as activitiies go. It looks like they had quite a few things on Sea day. We usuall do th eshows each night and since we did Beach cruises enjoyed he pool deck during the day. ALASKA will be a first of this type cruise for us. I always bring a book, but never seem to get it read!

This weekend finds us off to the world of "cement ponds" as we head to the Beverly Hilton. No, we're not looking for Granny's "rumatizz medicine". The wedding went well. We hope to have pictures shortly. Diana got a special gift from Jim on the wedding day.

AARP membership. :D

Congrats, glad it went well! I am sure the pic are wonderful! I need to join the org., so I get the discount! Elmer retirement went through so he will officially be retired before our cruise! He has to work 5 days and then be off 3 weeks and come back and work 1 day.

A photo scavenger hunt - that sounds exciting! Annette, I also brought a book, and it never even got cracked in the Caribbean. I will bring it again, because it's always good - but I don't think I will read it this time either.

Kim - On my last cruise, I went to the evening show each night, then off to watch the people sing Karaoke. I enjoyed laughing a lot :)

We have neve done the Karaoke, might have to check that out!

It is 51 and drizzling in Seattle and 45 in Juneau. Just in case you are wondering what's going on in the rest of the world!

My son-in-law is bringing his keyboard along, Camera equipment, laptop, car seat and stroller. This maybe a very interesting airplane ride!

I have been so bad this week! Spending way too much time on this computer! I went out last night and looked for the white erase stickers for the door Dana menioned. They had Sport's one but really don't want to go that route. I did buy Streamers for my cabin and the over the door hanger for the misc items. A couple of door prize things (can't say what - shh it's a secret)

I have started a box with all my goodies in it, my problem will be getting it all on the plane! The gift CC gave us for the ones that booked with the group is really nice quality! I do have an extra one for a door prize for our Meet & Greet which is open to everyone!

Everyone needs to visit the group folder so we can decide what if any activities you may want to participate in. I know we are having the 2 Meet & Greets (new info posted this weekend) and I will be doing the walk for the Cure and would love to have other's join me. I hope to also get a door sign template made soon!

Hope everybody has a Great Weekend!

Good Morning all,

I think I have gotten all my shopping done for the cruise! I am wondering if I need to bring some short sleeve tops. I bought all this coll weather stuff and hope it's what I need!

I will be posting new info on the Meet and Migle as soon as I hear form Johna! Doors - any thoughts? I have been reading the other group folders and wondering? Any thoughts out there? Any ideas? Lurking, feel free to jump in!

Where was everyone this weekend? I hope everyone had lots of fun! It rained cats and dogs here..... Martinsville was postponed again this year.

So magic number today is: 43 or 115, 1 month, 1 week, 5 days until ALASKA!

I am so late for work today, I can't get with this time change!

My next big task is taking DD prom dress shopping on Saturday, I am looking forward to spending the day with DD as a student who works part time, goes to school full time and has a very active social life, I hardly get to spend quality time with her so I can't wait.....HOWEVER, not looking forward to the hit to the cheque book:eek: She wants a gown and she is probably about 5'8 and skinny so sometimes hard to get a dress long enough without having to have it altered.

I think we are basically set as far as all cruise stuff is concerned...well ya except for the fun passes....will get on that this week;)

My next big task is taking DD prom dress shopping on Saturday, I am looking forward to spending the day with DD as a student who works part time, goes to school full time and has a very active social life, I hardly get to spend quality time with her so I can't wait.....HOWEVER, not looking forward to the hit to the cheque book:eek: She wants a gown and she is probably about 5'8 and skinny so sometimes hard to get a dress long enough without having to have it altered.

I think we are basically set as far as all cruise stuff is concerned...well ya except for the fun passes....will get on that this week;)

Sounds like fun. My daughter and I spend more time together now then I think we did when she was a teenager. I do Thanks the Lord for the close relationship I have with her. I remember Prom dress shopping, wait until the bridal gown shopping. My daughter is only 5'6' but the skinny part ...oh yea had to alter a size 2 wedding dress.

Have fun! It looks like it finally might be spring here! Yea, I so want to see the flowers and new birth of everything!

I posted some new stuff int he group folders if anyone wants to visit!

Archived