Wasn't there a 'Modify' button? Am I crazy?

Ok. In the past week, I've been looking for a 'Modify' button, and I just can't find where it was. Does anyone else remember a 'Modify' button under "Preferences & Requests"? (see the image below)

modifybutton.png

I'm not seeing it for near or distant cruises, and haven't seen it since I started looking last week.

- Ryan

Now that you mention it, I don't have a "modify" button either but I booked mine through an online TA. Thought it was strange but figured that it was because I booked through a TA. Perhaps only the TA has the ability to modify your preferences?

Did you book through the RCI's website?

1 was booked onboard a ship. 1 was booked via phone (RCI). 1 was booked online (RCI). All 3 are missing the 'modify' button.

Where does the link take you? Anyone care to copy/paste the link? (just be sure the link doesn't have your reservation # in the url)

- Ryan

Our "Anniversary" has also changed to "Null". Is it because I phoned a couple of days ago for a price drop? Why would they remove it?

We have 2 cabins booked. Under celebrations in the first one it says "None" which is fine as we never had anything to celebrate, but in the 2nd cabin that used to say "Anniversary" it now says "Null"....:confused: strange.....

Also, ours only said "modify" while the reservation was a courtesy hold. Once it was booked directly with Rccl it no longer said "modify".

Checked with other family members and their 'Modify' button is also gone. An 'Anniversary' that was previously in that spot is now showing "Null".

- Ryan

I've never had a modify button but perhaps that's because I booked through a TA?

However, the good news is my booking now shows MTD so RCI have obviously got that side of the website sorted out! :)

I have 2 RCCL cruises booked and a couple of weeks ago my "modify" buttons also disappeared. They reappeared after a week or so.... I just assumed they were "twiddling" with something. :) Yours will probably come back as randomly as they disappeared!

Ok, well I found a way around it! Click into your reservation, and then change the URL in your browser to:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/booking/preferences.do

It allowed me to modify it! It now says "Birthday" instead of "Null" ! The information *was* entered in on the page... but I think 'saving' it made it show up properly.

- Ryan

I have three reservations currently. The one for November is missing the "modify"!. The other two have the "modify". Also, the November Reservation currently has me owing about $1500.00 more than I actually do, so there are certainly gremlins afoot!!! i'm going to give it a few days and if it dosen't straighten out, I'll have to call.

Cindy

Thank you! I tried your link and was able to change it back from "Null" to "Anniversary." That was a few days ago. I was just checking something else on our reservations and noticed that "Anniversary" now says "Unused" !!! What???? I don't understand why it keeps changing. And what in the world does "Unused" mean???? Does anyone have any idea what these terms mean?

Ok, well I found a way around it! Click into your reservation, and then change the URL in your browser to:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/booking/preferences.do

It allowed me to modify it! It now says "Birthday" instead of "Null" ! The information *was* entered in on the page... but I think 'saving' it made it show up properly.

- Ryan

I, too, seemed to remember that I used to be able to "modify" my reservation, including changing the stateroom number. Recently I realized I could not "modify", only "view". So I called RCCL Customer Service and asked, thinking that maybe I could not modify my reservation because I had booked it on the phone with them, instead of on the website. Well, the CSR said that NO, nothing can be modified on the reservation online. I told her that I had done it before, last year, and she didn't know how that was possible.

I'm glad to find that others also remember being able to modify, cuz I knew I wasn't crazy!

I, too, seemed to remember that I used to be able to "modify" my reservation, including changing the stateroom number. Recently I realized I could not "modify", only "view". So I called RCCL Customer Service and asked, thinking that maybe I could not modify my reservation because I had booked it on the phone with them, instead of on the website. Well, the CSR said that NO, nothing can be modified on the reservation online. I told her that I had done it before, last year, and she didn't know how that was possible.

I'm glad to find that others also remember being able to modify, cuz I knew I wasn't crazy!

Actually, it looks like on my Enchantment reservation which I booked ON THEIR WEBSITE, I DO have "modify" buttons on everything but the cabin number. There is nothing next to the cabin number, and I wonder if it's because I booked a guarantee.

On my Radiance reservation, which I booked ON THE PHONE, the buttons are all "view", and I can't make any changes.

I KNOW I used to be able to change my cabin on their website, they must have made a change in the last 8 months or so.

Archived