Seattle to Vancouver on Amtrak

To those who have taken the train: If I have the choice - which side of the train should I sit on: facing forward, left side or right side? I'm hoping to capture at least a few photos along the way.

Thanks in advance!

Liz

To those who have taken the train: If I have the choice - which side of the train should I sit on: facing forward, left side or right side? I'm hoping to capture at least a few photos along the way.

Thanks in advance!

Mountains on your right, water on your left. They're both nice views, it depends what you like to take pics of.

Sat on the right side of the car, one seat back from the front of our train car last year and got great pics from both sides of the car.

You can get up and walk around on the ride and you will find pax on both sides of the car are all having a good time on the ride and more than willing to share their view with other pax.

Enjoy.

Dianne

My choice was and will be next time... facing forward. I believe in business class they all did actually but I don't know if they have those cars back on the route or not yet.

and Definitely on the Water (left facing forwards) side.

We got some great pictures sitting on the water side (left side facing forward). I definitely would sit facing forward. We got really excited when we saw our first eagle. By the time we got to Vancouver, we had seen so many eagles they were common and we stopped taking pictures of them. Be sure to take lots of memory cards for your camera!!

Archived