Cruise Wedding - Info Needed

Hey everyone! Has anyone ever been married on a cruise or attended a cruise wedding? I have looked over the information online, but still had some questions.

Im interested in hearing your expiriences, especially from the brides POV. :)

Any help is appriciated.

My daughter was married on the Carnival Glory in 2004. It was great! We had about 70 guest attending (not all of them were sailing after the wedding) The wedding was held in the chapel before we sailed, and the reception after the ceremony was handled by Carnival and we have no complaints. Carnival will provide everything, but she decided to add several things of her own to the Carnival package. They brought their own pastor to do the ceremony (Must be ordained in Florida), she made all the bouquets herself and did not use ones provided by Carnival, the wedding cake topper, etc. It was a beautiful ceremony and the photographer did an excellent job. One hint on the pics, we waiting until the last full day of the cruise to purchase the photographers photos and got a very good deal on them. Started off really high, but came down on price every day. i have attached some links to the photos on webshots. There are tons of them!

http://family.webshots.com/album/155047414NCzqnT

http://family.webshots.com/album/155107599jGmCJG

http://family.webshots.com/album/155068200JbIeDZ

http://family.webshots.com/album/155138103tWlZWj

I have been a lurker for a couple of mos now & decided to jump in w/ all the fun when I read this post.

Was married in 95 on the Sensation. DH & I were MOH & BM @ my sister's wedding on the Liberty Feb 08 & boy have things changed!

"Back in the day" our special day could be bought for a "mere" $500.00. This included Limo pick up @ our hotel in Miami, VIP check in, early bar/champagne service B4 the service(& after)back then nonsailing guests were allowed on to take part in service & cocktails, flowers(silk), music, cake, & someone to officiate. Married in the library as no chapel on Sensation. Also included was the usual parade around the ship for photo ops, however we did get an album of 25 5x7's for free.So worth it in the end.

In 2008, my sister had a few package options all of which included guest cocktails (prices based on guests #) pick up service from hotel in FLL to Port, VIP checkin, flowers, music, cake, 1 bottle of champagne to toast (for8 guests) & wedding coordinator/officiate. No free pix w/ the standard parade around the ship. All pix were in packages. Kinda pricey, too. But, so are pix @ home w/ photographer, right? In short, they've scaled down the freebies & upped the prices quite significantly.

Things that she didn't care for: flowers were real & were dead by 6 day cruise end. She asked if they had a service to preserve them. Noone knew. I know should have asked in advance. Didn't think. Leftover cake was kept in the cooler for remainder of cruise so we thought it would be nice to enjoy the rest on Valentine's Day. (day4) Cake had been "lost", tossed, not sure. So she was sad.

All that said, she had a wonderful, beautiful day. The wedding planner had everything organized really well. We all had a great time & lasting memories.

Congratulations on your upcoming day. Carnival will make it special.

My brother & sister-in-law were married on the Fantasy in August 2002. It was wonderful!!!! We had a ball, the reception (with an ice sculpture) was really nice and the pictures are out of this world. They also waited until the last day to buy the pictures and got them all at a great price!!!

Archived