Any been on Grandeur on the lower levels recently?

I am interested in the June 19th sailing on Grandeur to New England/Canada. I have been on the Grandeur about 5 years ago and the lower levels of the ship had a bad sewage smell.

Is this still a problem on this ship?

The only interior cabins available on this sailing is a guarantee so I probably would end up on the lower levels.

Thanks.

Mike

I am interested in the June 19th sailing on Grandeur to New England/Canada. I have been on the Grandeur about 5 years ago and the lower levels of the ship had a bad sewage smell.

The only interior cabins available on this sailing is a guarantee so I probably would end up on the lower levels.

Thanks.

Mike

I'd be interested in hearing the answer to this question as well. DH and I are on Deck 4 on Grandeur in November:confused:

I was on the Grandeur for back to backs in January on the lowest floor for passengers. We were mid-ship and I didn't notice any smell.

My biggest problem with the ship was the outrageous volume of the music around the pool.

Sailed on the 4th deck several times, no noticeable smell. Did notice a smell on the 7th deck when someone plugged up the sewage system twice on one cruise trying to flush things they shouldn't have.

On a recent sailing, we had some good friends who stayed on the lower decks (deck 3 I believe) and there were no issues. We were down in that area quite a few times and didnt notice any smells or anything.

Enjoy your trip - this ship is one of my favorites!

Was on in January 2009 this was my 3rd Grandeur cruise. I was disappointed, food and service was not up to par. I had been on the Exployer of the Seas in July 2008 for a 10 day cruise and had a ball. We didn't smell anything but my sister and few other cabins

did have an odor off and on. complaining did no good.

We were on 4/18/09 (7 day repo). Food was very good, service was the best of any RCI cruise, and we have been on a lot. Ship was in excellent shape. Remember, it is a smaller ship without all the bells and whistles of the newer ships (specialty rest., ice rink, Johnny rockets, etc.). We were thrilled with the ship and crew, and would not hesitate to sail on her again:)

Ken

Have done last 3 cruises on Grandeur. They had a drydock in April of '08 which fixed that dent in the side they got when they hit the pier several years ago. The damage had an effect on the sewage system, the smell was mostly on deck 4. Anyway, it's all fixed. Didn't notice anything last cruise.

Have a great time!

Hi,

We were just on the Grandeur for the April B2B. We were mid ship..cabin 2063 & there was a sewer smell on & off & only in the hall. We noticed it more the first day or so than on the rest of the time we were on the ship.

As kenevenpar said it was also our BEST time on the Grandeur and this was the 4th & 5th sailing. Everything was PERFECT. The crew, food, shows, Cruise Director, weather & we had calm seas both weeks.

I would save the $760 & put that money towards a future cruise.

Happy Sailings.

Joyce & Of Course Harvey

Just off GOS. We had a good time but cold smell what you are talking about. It was not all the time but when you did catch the smell it was quite a punch. We were on Deck 4 mid ship. There was an issue with our cabin and they offered to move us to deck 2 or 3, our choice. We took neither for many reasons but on Deck 2 far aft the smell was quite strong.

As for the trip, it was great except for the Guest Relations who were horrible and lied to us.

Since some people have still had this problem recently, I am still hesitant to book the guarantee. I would like to book a balcony but the price it still too high.

Do they drop prices drastically as the sail date gets closer or can you get a better price if you call?

Since some people have still had this problem recently, I am still hesitant to book the guarantee. I would like to book a balcony but the price it still too high.

Do they drop prices drastically as the sail date gets closer or can you get a better price if you call?

Prices on our cruise went up and down for months prior to sailing. You just have to watch. They have been willing to give you the new price if it is not for new bookings only. Some catch it at the right time and others wait for something that never comes. Good luck and enjoy your cruise. We had a good time on GOS.

Archived