What did your kids like about Alaska???

DrmnOfMaui

My family (husband and two kids ages 10 and 13) and I are embarking on our first ever cruise this summer to the Caribbean on RCI's Adventure of the Seas! After reading so much about cruising we are pretty darn sure that we are really going to like it so we have already begun researching cruises to Alaska for summer of 2010.:) We have found a 10 day Princess cruise out of San Francisco that really appeals to us. We live in California, so driving to the port is very enticing! However I have a few questions for those of you who have traveled to Alaska with kids:

• What did your kids like about Alaska? Or on the contrary, what did they not like? I've read a couple of posts stating that the Alaskan cruises were the favorites of some families, but they didn't really explain why.
  • What were some of your favorite excursions?
  • Any suggestions on what not to miss?
  • If you traveled on Princess (we are looking at the Sea Princess) what did your kids like/dislike about the cruise line?

The itinerary is as follows:

San Francisco

Cruising

Victoria, British Columbia

Cruising (Inside Passage)

Juneau, Alaska

Glacier Bay National Park, Alaska (Scenic Cruising)

Haines, Alaska (or Skagway)

Ketchikan, Alaska

At Sea

At Sea

San Francisco, California

Thanks for any information, thoughts, tips or advice you can share!!! We sure do appreciate it,

Kim

My kids are animal lovers, so they enjoyed seeing the animals (especially bear and moose). They also loved that it was cold outside and they could swim on the ship! For our upcoming trip we plan on going to the Lumberjack show in Ketchikan. We have seen it on tv, but think it will be better to see it in person. :)

Happy Cruising!

Archived