Infinity cabin 8100 Blocked view?? UPGRADE???

RCMarr

New to cruising and we ended up in CC 8100 on Infinity - thanks to our travel agent. Now I read that this cabin has a 50 percent blocked view. OUCH!:mad: Something about a window cleaner/access stairs???

I thought I was doing it right to select a CC cabin midship. Now I am not so sure if it was such a great deal. I wonder why we were not told that this was a blocked view? We booked 7 months in advance and there were lots of cabins available at that time. Now the CC cabins are sold out.

Do any of you know if there is a chance of changing cabins once we board? Should I ask if there is a suite available or another CC cabin?

Who do I ask about this? If there is a suite, how high would the up grade cost at that time. Or does this ever happen?

thats quite a shame!!:eek:i would not try and get onboard and try to switch then...to risky.

Call celebrity and see if they have any left...i can't imagine they are all sold out. that just can't be. the cabin you got looked to be in a great loacation as far as the obstructed view. the price between a cc class and a suite could be quite more.

hope this helps

After lots of phone calls today, I've learned I can upgrade to a suite, it would cost a little over $400.00. Seems like there are lots of suites available on the ship for our cruise. However all the CC cabins are booked. There is one FV cabin at the back of the ship, but I really wanted a side view for this cruise. I guess the economy has hurt the high end cabin sales.

I even found a few photos online that show the issue with the cabin. it looks like a ladder/platform combo off the side of the ship. I guess we could look through it, but its just a little bit of a disappointment for our first cruise. I guess we will know in mid June if its really an issue.

How about it, is there a real difference between CC and a Suite? Never had a butler before, it almost sounds creepy. The Adams Family is what comes to mind...

Before you completely dismiss the Family Veranda, the cabins off the back of the ship are really nice for scenic cruising. When we were in New Zealand, we had two friends with that view (one in a Family Veranda, the other in a CC), and it had the added benefit of being able to see both sides. Especially with mountain views which are majestic, you might really enjoy it- you get the feeling that nature surrounds you. Obviously a suite is nice too, and certainly will give you some added interior space and some extra services. I'm sure either would be very nice.

Well my wife and I have talked it over and I gues we are staying in 8100. I'll post photos once the trip is over so everyone can see what the obstruction looks like.

We decided to use the $400 to do something fun off the boat at one of the stops. I've been told you don't spend that much time in the cabin, but I really like the thought of my morning coffee on the veranda watching the world go by...

Watch the =X= website daily, or even a couple of times per day, up to the day you sail. A CC could become available, and probably will, at any time. If you see a CC, phone your TA immediately and ask him/her to phone =X= ASAP.

I have to agree with dads. Being in an aft FV or aft CC is like being on both sides of the ship at once, but if you didn't grab it when you saw it, it's probably gone.

BB is right. Check a couple of times a day. Things open up even after penalty date.

If you have a veranda you will find that you will spend more time in your cabin than others have told you. No chair hogs, the bathroom is close by, if you've smuggled booze, well...etc.

Best of luck and regards

If you are on the June 12th Alaska sailing, CC 8078 is showing as available. Personally I'd switch, just for the unhindered views of Alaska alone. If it's gone by the time you try, BBsails' advice is good. As for the posts about the aft FV, if it were me and I could get one for not too much more I'd run to book it and not stop running until I knew I'd got it;)

Phil

8078 does show available this morning. I'll give my TA a call once he gets to the office. Main issue is he is two time zones away. Hope its still there once he gets to the office.

I checked on the FV, its not available any more, I guess one of you more experienced cruiser's snapped it up.

Thanks again for your input.

:D Well I finally got my TA on the phone and we have officially moved to 8078. It seems like it was a bigger deal with the agent at Celebrity than it was with my TA. The Celebrity rep. kept telling my TA that 8100 was not an obstructed view, even though it is listed as such in their own material. Wish I had read the printed material first, rather than just the online stuff. It would have saved me a big headache.

THANK YOU all for the great advice on this issue. Next cruise the FV cabins at the back of the ship will be our goal. Now we just have to figure out where we want to cruise... What a problem...

:D Well I finally got my TA on the phone and we have officially moved to 8078. It seems like it was a bigger deal with the agent at Celebrity than it was with my TA. The Celebrity rep. kept telling my TA that 8100 was not an obstructed view, even though it is listed as such in their own material. Wish I had read the printed material first, rather than just the online stuff. It would have saved me a big headache.

THANK YOU all for the great advice on this issue. Next cruise the FV cabins at the back of the ship will be our goal. Now we just have to figure out where we want to cruise... What a problem...

Glad you got the switch too. Don't give up on the FV. Sometimes they are put on courtesy hold and show up in the inventory again after a couple of days. Keep checking.

Have a great cruise. I was on Infinity last year about the same time and had a wonderful first experience of Alaska:cool:

Phil

I am so glad we were able to switch. We found a photo of the stuff off the balcony. It would have bothered me for the whole cruise. The balcony is the main reason I booked the cabin. I want the view, not a view through a ladder and platform.

Come join us, we can't wait. Have to go check the countdown clock once again.

I am so glad we were able to switch. We found a photo of the stuff off the balcony. It would have bothered me for the whole cruise. The balcony is the main reason I booked the cabin. I want the view, not a view through a ladder and platform.

Come join us, we can't wait. Have to go check the countdown clock once again.

Hi! Will you please post the link to that photo. My parents are in 8100 for the Panama Canal cruise and I may try to move them. Thanks!!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=345939&highlight=infinity+8100

There are two of the posts about half way down you want to look at. One was by someone who had stayed in 8100, they say the view is blocked by a painter's ladder/platform. There is also a photo in an earlier post for another cabin that shows the ladder.

If it was my parents, I'd do the best I could to move them to another cabin. I called X several times before I got someone who know what was going on with this cabin. I was even told there was no obstruction. What I learned was that the CS cabin bump out blocks about 20 to 25% of the view looking to the right. The Ladder and platform is to the right as you look out the balcony. You have a somewhat clear view as long as you are looking straight out off the ship.

Oh, I was also googling for photos of the Infinity and I found someone's personel photos of the ship. In one of the photos, you can clearly see the CS cabins and the Ladder and Platform next to 8100. It was enough to make me not want the cabin.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=345939&highlight=infinity+8100

There are two of the posts about half way down you want to look at. One was by someone who had stayed in 8100, they say the view is blocked by a painter's ladder/platform. There is also a photo in an earlier post for another cabin that shows the ladder.

If it was my parents, I'd do the best I could to move them to another cabin. I called X several times before I got someone who know what was going on with this cabin. I was even told there was no obstruction. What I learned was that the CS cabin bump out blocks about 20 to 25% of the view looking to the right. The Ladder and platform is to the right as you look out the balcony. You have a somewhat clear view as long as you are looking straight out off the ship.

Oh, I was also googling for photos of the Infinity and I found someone's personel photos of the ship. In one of the photos, you can clearly see the CS cabins and the Ladder and Platform next to 8100. It was enough to make me not want the cabin.

Thanks and OMG!!! :eek: I, too, am a bit miffed that I was not told of the obstruction when I booked the cabin. I just moved my parents to 8098. I was told there was no obstruction for that cabin. Fingers crossed!!! ;)

• 3 months later...

Hope the photo loads and is not too small. The lady in the red sweater is standing in cabin 8100. You can see the ladder and scaffold as well as the sky suite windows. They both cut off the views. The other cabins in this area also have blocked views.

8100.jpg.e4e43bfdcf14e8ca1547b5b3eb99cb29.jpg

Archived