Best Princess Ship??

cruzinj

[quote name='stoneharborlady']Thank you cruise 182. I am not really saying I dont like these other ships, cannot say that as I have never been on them. What I AM saying is they dont have the features that appeal to me, such as four swimming pools, and many dining options.[/QUOTE]

Understood! And I happen to agree.

[quote name='spongerob']Simple - they're paid for. I'm not sure how cruise lines depreciate their assets, but in my own business all CAPEX is depreciated over 7 years. If I want to order a new pump truck, my operation will be charged the depreciation value every month until that unit is fully depreciated. After that, it's paid for, and everything I earn from that unit, less maintenance and supplies, goes to the bottom line. Assets that are fully depreciated are cash cows.
.[/QUOTE] [font='Comic Sans MS']Well, OK, I’ll go along with that…totally different than what my point was trying to be, but it adds even more to the argument. My point was that these ships are popular – they sell out all the time – and so Princess knows that they have a viable product with them.[/font]
[font='Comic Sans MS'][QUOTE][font=Verdana][i]Bdjam you cant really think anyone to be greedy because they wish to partake of the many choices available on Grand Class ships[/i].[font='Comic Sans MS'][/font][/font][/QUOTE] [font='Comic Sans MS']I don’t think I said anyone was greedy.[/font]
[font='Comic Sans MS'][QUOTE][font=Verdana][i]Well...as for deterioration, that may be, or it may not. It could be that the cruise line is just evolving, and the experienced cruisers simply prefer it the way that it used to be.[/i] [font='Comic Sans MS'][/font][/font][/QUOTE] [font='Comic Sans MS']I guess it all depends on how you define “evolve.”[/font][/font]
[font='Comic Sans MS'][font='Comic Sans MS'][QUOTE][b][size=5][font=Verdana]As of now my vote is for sky princess!![font='Comic Sans MS'][font='Comic Sans MS'][/font][/font][/font][/size][/b][/QUOTE] [font='Comic Sans MS']Wasn’t she a beauty? I never had the chance to sail her, but I did get to spend some time on her in [/font][font='Comic Sans MS']Skagway[/font][font='Comic Sans MS'] one year. [/font][/font][/font]
[font='Comic Sans MS'][font='Comic Sans MS'][font='Comic Sans MS'][QUOTE][font=Verdana]I looked at the Regal and the Royal on the Princess website, and I know I would not enjoy either ship simply because they each only have one pool. [font='Comic Sans MS'][font='Comic Sans MS'][font='Comic Sans MS'][/font][/font][/font][/font][/QUOTE] [font='Comic Sans MS']Regal Princess has two pools.[/font][/font][/font][/font]
[font='Comic Sans MS'][font='Comic Sans MS'][font='Comic Sans MS'][font='Comic Sans MS'][/font][/font][/font][/font][font='Comic Sans MS'][font='Comic Sans MS'][font='Comic Sans MS'][/font]
[/font][/font][font='Comic Sans MS'][font='Comic Sans MS'][/font]
[/font][font='Comic Sans MS'][/font][/font][font='Comic Sans MS'][/font]

[quote name='stoneharborlady']My apologies bdjam, my mistake. I went back to the website to look and when I clicked on Waves pool, it only showed one, but does say there are two. I will still be twice as happy with the CB's four pools, but thats me!! [/QUOTE][font='Comic Sans MS']No need for apologies…[/font]

some people prefer a more small intimate ship feel, while others enjoy large ships with many amenities, pools, and etc....Usually, people who have only been on a few cruises like the "wow", and size of larger ships, while other more experienced cruisers prefer diversity, and the intimacy of smaller ships. It's just a matter of personal preference.:D

[quote name='bdjam']Wasn’t she a beauty? I never had the chance to sail her, but I did get to spend some time on her in [/QUOTE]
She was. I loved her design the best. We had a great time sailing her. The ships today have just gotten to big. I know I am sailing on the Golden but I liked the itinerary the best. Wife and I are talking about taking the Tahitian Princess. That looks Great.

Archived